Mon, Sep 9, 5:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Clothes Converter 3

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 11:38 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4786&cat=351

Ok I've been reading up on this over at DAZ, sounds good, anyone got it, anyone used it succesfully, is it worth the price? It says it will do automatic transformations from V3 clothing to V4, if it does it has to worth it right!!

Please no posts about WW, I have nothing against it, or PhilC but right now I'm interested in the above one, Thanx!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:16 PM · edited Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:17 PM

Nothing against Daz but sometimes I wish feedback could be left for their products like it can be done here. Then you can hear from those who use it just what their experiences have been with it. I'm looking forward for more responses to this thread as I too would like the dope on this product.

My Facebook Page

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 12:57 PM

There have been lots of posts about earlier versions here and it was generally considered a difficult program to use and would take a few hours to do a good conversion. I haven't tried any of the versions myself, but saw enough info that dampened any interest in getting it.

If the new one is a signficant improvement, it would be nice to hear.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:08 PM

gagnonrich: One of the things that drew me to it was:

"Victoria 4 support -- automatically convert your clothes from Victoria 3 (and others) to Victoria 4" 

If it does what it says on the tin then I'm in;    But________________-!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Pixara ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:12 PM · edited Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:15 PM

Another question on Clothes Converter 3:

It seems that Wardrobe Wizard only modifies/converts the obj meshes to fit the target figure, but doesn't make it conform to the target figure.   
With WW, you need another app like OBJ2CR2 to turn the converted outfit to become a conforming one that can conform to the target figure.

But with Clothes Converter 3, does the converted clothes automatically become a conforming one that can conform to the target character, or do we need another app (like OBJ2CR2) too to do that?

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:25 PM

Pixara, check out the actual page on the link above, it doesn't mention needing anything else but it does say something about playing with the CR2 and saving it, pdf and video tutes are included!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:34 PM

Quote - It seems that Wardrobe Wizard only modifies/converts the obj meshes to fit the target figure, but doesn't make it conform to the target figure. 

Wardrobe Wizard creates a conformable figure without any additional program. 

If somebody has used the earlier program, it would be interesting to hear how well it automatically converted clothing between different unimesh figures, particularly going from adult to children figures. That would provide an idea of how well the newer version handles V4 conversions automatically.

The big advantage for WW is that it is not confined to unimesh figures, but can even conform clothing to figures as diverse as the Gremlin and Whacky Rhino. That's what really sold me on the program. Unfortunately, most users tend to want to convert clothing to new human figures and there's not enough of a market for PhilC to do many conversions for a lot of the nonhuman ones.

I like WW, but if CC3 does things that WW doesn't handle well, it'll at least make it's way to my wishlist and maybe a purchase.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 1:49 PM

It does say Miki support too but no mention of the other G2 figures. 

I'm not too bothered about that, my main reason to buy would be if it does a good job of V3 to V4 clothing because I have a lot of V3 clothing that would look good on V4 and I'd prefer not to have to use the V4 to V3 CR2 if I can help it!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:56 PM

file_364642.jpg

Ok, I have Clothes Convertor 2.2.

I do not have Victoria 4.

That being said, my main reason for buying CC was that it handled hands/gloves and feet/boots. I really wanted the Aiko Bodysuit type for V3.

It worked/works for me. The autoconvert works for me as well (with small tweaks and adjustments). I also had a technical issue and markdc cleared it up for me. I have had zero problems with Clothes Convertor. Others have and others have had problems with the way he handles support. 

Not me. It''s a cool program. Can't help you with V4 though.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

JQP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 6:04 PM

How long does it take CC to work its magic?

JQP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 6:25 PM

Do any of these clothing converters people discuss here have demos?  That's my problem, plunking down 40 bucks sight unseen.

3DMark ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:51 PM

well, for what i've used all three versions for is okay, but don't have enough time to render now, lol will try to get time this weekend, tax season you know, screaming accountants and such {sigh} such is the life of a tech

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:03 AM

file_364686.jpg

Pretty 3d Office B abe Catherine clothes(V3) to V4. Model is nondefault V4( larger butt and breasts). Skirt coformed perfect, jacket needed minor tweaking. Clothing conversion time varies, but usually no more than 10 minutes per item.

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 4:19 AM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 4:21 AM

there is a good thread on this on the daz forums

linking

[url]http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=50520&highlight=[/url]

[edit] cant get link to work, sorry

corvas ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:08 AM

file_364691.jpg

i have clothes convertor 3 i think its great but for some reason for the new characters he added into cc (like miki,v4,thegirl,jessi ect....)the clothes dont get stuck onto characters its more out so its not really fitted onto the character (or maybe its just my cc) but you can easily adjust it.but it fits aiko (one of the characters which was able to work in clothes convertor 2) really well.

above here is a picture of the same clothing converted onto aiko,the girl and v4.as you can see aikos is great but for v4 and the girl it isnt but as i said you can easily adjust it.

well any way you might need to do some ajusting to the clothes but i think its still good and just so you know clothes convertor is easy as, its very simple and easy to use and is much faster than number 2.i think its still worth it.

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:29 AM

There's no magic button to autotranslate clothes. if there was, people would just make "cloth templates" and have the program fit them automagically to the figures.

So yes, you'll have to do some work to fit it, but there isn't that much. It takes me about 15 minutes to convert an item, but I'm slow. I'm sure it can be done quicker.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:37 AM

I would expect some tweaking to have to be done and that would be a minor issue if I can get my V3 wardrobe fitting V4, it's the $40 that's stalling me.
If it works, I'll save a lot on having to buy new stuff for V4 but if it doesn't I've wasted $40 that I can't afford to waste!!!

Ah! decisions, decisions!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

corvas ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:39 AM

cant u get your money back at daz

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:45 AM

I don't think you get your money back, I think they credit your account with the money [not sure]!
perhaps someone else knows!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 7:34 AM

Cloth Converter works but you must be prepared to click a bunch of stuff to make it do that. If you are, get the program, and you'll be happy with it.

I got a Daz refund in cash but that was about a year ago. I don;t know what their current policy is. But a Daz credit --- well that will get used sooner or later. Could probably sell the credit on EBay if you got desperate.

evilded777 ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 9:23 AM

I am not a big fan of autoconversions; that said, I have had excellent luck converting clothing items by hand from many figures to other figures.

I do believe that if you want to get your money's worth from Clothing Converter, you have to be willing to work with the program and not expect to click a few buttons and come out with a beautifully fit piece of clothing.

Tanker ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 12:29 PM

I just picked up CC 3.0, been fooling with it for the last hour.

Auto-convert seems to work reasonably well for unimesth, I tested the V3 UltraCatsuit to Aiko 3, and it came out without needing but a couple of minor tweaks, which are easily done in the application's adjust tab.  The feature I am trying to learn is the morph target feature, which supposedly allows you to inject the target figure with a morph targer or morph pose INJ, then convert the clothing to meet the 'morphed' figure, which if it works would be handy.  The above V3 catsuit to Aiko 3 autoconvert took about 4 minutes on my machine (single core processor).

What I am having trouble with is making the 'autoconvert' button work between V3 and V4.  In the ad for the application it does say specifically 'automatically converts V3 clothing to V4', however, when I try it in the application it refuses the setting and tells me only unimesh to unimesh conversions are supported.  Has anyone run into this, and does anyyone who owns 3.0 know if the auto convert function is supposed to support V4?

Thanks!

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 1:04 PM

That's interesting to know, the V3 to V4 conversion would have been the only reason for me to buy it and as you rightly say, it does say quite clearly that it can do this.
I'd ask DAZ store support if I were you and if you don't get a satisfactory answer ask for a 30 day refund!
let me know how you get on because this is in my wishlist at DAZ but because of posts like this I'm not ready to fork out $40 just yet!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Tanker ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 2:46 PM

Just got some help from the folks at DAZ regarding CC3.0,

Apparently, the only cr2's it will auto convert to V4 are those designed for V3 (my first tests I was trying Aiko to V4, Jessi to V4, etc).  I just tried a couple of things, and it does work when you use auto convert from V3 to V4, but that is the only kind of clothing it supports the auto feature at this time.  Conversion time for a V3 bodysuit to V4 was about 3-4 mins, and it required very little tweaking.

So, to amend my previous post, CC 3.0 does support auto convert from V3 to V4, but that is the only kind of source cr2 it allows for a V4 conversion.  Others need to be manually adjusted (which the application does seem to do, just takes time and learning the interface).

Still working with it, after I get the hang I'll try and post a couple of screenies showing some V3 auto converts to V4 before tweaking.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 4:23 PM

I'm really interested if it does a good job on the V3 to 4 converting simply because I have loads of lothing for V3 and if they can fit V4 that will save loads plus I can actually start using her because I haven't so far due to lack of clothing!!
Thanx for the update, appreciated!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.