Mon, Sep 9, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser forum users - older not younger ?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:38 PM · edited Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:40 PM

BTW while we're discussing age, I can tell you all a Real Life story here.

A few years ago, my mom turned 75. And she had a really hard time about that. Not the fact that she was 75 as such, but as she said "People at 75 are OLD, and I do not feel like I'm 75!"

Her mother (and thus my grandmother) lived to be 103, so I'm not expecting to be able to cash in my inheritance any day soon ;) (in fact I hope not!)

My mom's best pasttime is being at her computer btw.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:45 PM

DarkEdge??  You are in San Diego???  That's where I moved from, and I'm back there quite often.

I'm 55 this year.  I'm told a look a lot younger, but I don't have much to compare to ... it's mostly just me and the cats and dogs (and the deer and the mountain lions) out here in the deep country.

Could be worse, could be raining.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:02 PM

dphoadley @ **Conniekat8
**> Quote - My friends looked at my avatar and said, whoa, you picked the worst picture of you that you can find to put up there...  huuh? :(

I thought it was pretty authentic...
Then again, maybe the only time I look in the mirror is when I first get out of bed...

Well, some people whom are geographically close could possibly get together for a Rendo-meet, then tell us all about it here.  Or it could happen in several places...

Anyone in Southern California?

Actually, to me you look very sexy, with sweet, soft, innocent eyes.
DPH**

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:09 PM

Anyone older than me (66) ???

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:16 PM

Quote - Anyone older than me (66) ???

No, but I usually feel like it in the morning before that first cuppa coffee... :biggrin:

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:23 PM · edited Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:24 PM

Quote - "Anyone older than me (66) ???"

No, but I usually feel like it in the morning before that first cuppa coffee...Enquote

Hey, I feel like that ALL DAY! lol

Stepdad ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:37 PM

Quote - As I ponder the age of my recent departed relative (exited this world at 97 years of age), I get the sense that a good proportion of the actively posting members here in this forum tend to be older folk, not the younger crowd.  This conclusion made judging from references made in posts, covering film, literature and other 20-Century popular culture icons.  Let's put the cut-off point as 25 years, say.  I'm definitely older than 25.

Let's put it this way, I have socks that are older than that.

Lol..

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 11:34 PM

Hey cool I share a birthday with Helen :D 42 as of the 10th this month..

Quote - Wait until Jumpstartme comes in and starts pelting people with jelly!

drags in the Jelly Pelter Machine......'aight, who wants it first?

~Jumpy...who will never grow up

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:12 AM · edited Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:14 AM

file_365280.jpg

I endured - (erm I meant "***celebrated***", of course) my **29th** birthday yesterday . . .  for the 27th year!

Jerry

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:36 AM

This'll make you laugh, on another forum I go to (not 3d art) I've been told that at 38 I'm too old to listen to Rock music & wear jeans & t-shirts. I should "be listening to easy listening stuff & wearing warm cardigans n' slippers & smoking a pipe", bloomin cheek of it!

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:41 AM

@____@ What's a 'cardigan'?

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:44 AM

before 25, I dont think most would have the patience for poser and would have many more
outside interests.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:44 AM

Quote - @____@ What's a 'cardigan'?

It's like a warm pullover but slit up the front with buttons.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:49 AM

I rather like my slippers thanx, draw the line at a pipe though!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 6:53 AM

Cardigan- the sweater, named after Lord Cardigan of the mid-19th Century. A player in the Charge of the Light Brigade..;)

I have socks older than that- have a pair of painfully kelly green socks my mother bought me in 1973, wear them once a year on St. Paddy's day. Have successfully hidden them from both wifes (former and current) and any number of girlfirends..;)  Hole in one, but it's only for a day..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

mejed ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:10 AM

Im an old Hippie, with short grey hair. In my life Ive got from a home pc that would barely add numbers to the latest in home Pcs. Im an avid Gamer too.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:17 AM

Quote - This'll make you laugh, on another forum I go to (not 3d art) I've been told that at 38 I'm too old to listen to Rock music & wear jeans & t-shirts. I should "be listening to easy listening stuff & wearing warm cardigans n' slippers & smoking a pipe", bloomin cheek of it!

I love listening to my fave 80's rock music, and it blends in nicely with both old and modern classical music that I also listen to now. (I still listen to all my David Cassidy stuff as well!!)

I wear a cardi when I'm cold, and usually pink fluffy slippers but no pipe  :tongue2:

Gill

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:33 AM

Quote - This'll make you laugh, on another forum I go to (not 3d art) I've been told that at 38 I'm too old to listen to Rock music & wear jeans & t-shirts. I should "be listening to easy listening stuff & wearing warm cardigans n' slippers & smoking a pipe", bloomin cheek of it!

I was listening to NPR on my way in to work the other day, and they played, as transitional music between editorials, a full orchestra performing a down-tempo arrangement of "Rock And Roll All Nite", made famous by KISS. It was a little sad and outrageously hilarious, all at the same time.

I'm 45, wear jeans and t-shirts, and I listen to rock music (okay, mostly older rock music, but hey...)

I sometimes spend time over at Blender Artists, where the average age seems to be about 20 or so; I have a very hard time following the conversations, sometimes. 😄

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:34 AM

Quote - I rather like my slippers thanx, draw the line at a pipe though!!

I smoked a pipe in my 20's, but only to avoid smoking cigarettes. :lol:

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:37 AM

TrekkieGrrrl said:> Quote - [...] I'm 41. [...]

Wow, never woulda guessed it. I figured you for somewhere from 25 to a very playful 30, based on your outlook. Way to go. 😄

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 9:12 AM

I used to smoke a pipe back in the earlier days...but if one was not available....a bong would suffice.

8 )~

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

RedHawk ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 9:35 AM

Quote - I used to smoke a pipe back in the earlier days...but if one was not available....a bong would suffice.

8 )~

Tom

Or a properly bent beer can with holes poked just so....... 
Or so I hear... :laugh:

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 9:49 AM

Or so I hear...

lol

Hell..even an empty roll of toilet paper, some tin foil, and tape would work in a "pinch"

Ahhh..those were the days...at least I "Think" they were.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 10:10 AM

Smoking (regardless of what I actually put in the pipe) never seemed to make my head go anywhere at all. I think that proves that I'm just naturally so far gone that no amount of burning plant matter could send me any further. Thank the good lord for corn squeezin's, is all I gots to say... 😉 :lol: 😉

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 12:32 PM

I am 34.  I spend more time in front of the computer than I do in front of my television (I can't even remember the last show I watched).  During the day, I design ships for the United States Navy in Catia and at night I play with Poser.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:21 PM

file_365366.JPG

ok, ya talked me into it. Color the beard gray, and shave off about 20 pounds, and that's me..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 9:26 PM

Most of you are still youngsters! 20 and 50 some years is young yet. I'm hitting 61 in March. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 2:17 AM

You know you up there in age when all the big rock stars that you grew up listening to either OD'd or died in plane crashes. 

And " you can get anything you want, at Alice's Restrant....Excepting Alice.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 2:39 AM

Quote - This'll make you laugh, on another forum I go to (not 3d art) I've been told that at 38 I'm too old to listen to Rock music & wear jeans & t-shirts.

Get this..my girls, who are 13 and 14 have been asking me what music I used to listen to when I was their age...I asked them why, and they said they wanted some of that 'really cool music' on their myspace pages......

So now they have AC/DC, Bad Company, Led Zep, etc...even some CCR thrown in there if ya can believe that...yup, smart kids 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:44 AM

I was born middle aged and finally caught up in years - at 13 I passed easily for mid 20s which was great for going to the movies and the pub.  Now I'm nearly 37 (another 5 weeks to go) and I haven't aged gracefully at all, finally got around to those facial piercings 3 years ago and get told I pass for early 20s still - muhahahahaha.  I think they all need glasses, I'm definitely looking my age if not feeling it.  Shrek (sorry, 14 year old son who bears a striking resemblance to the big green guy) has been dragged up listening to all the 70s, 80s and early 90s music - pantera was his lullaby and he would always go to sleep with a big grin on his 6 month old face when we played it so he has a head start on "decent" music.  Since my HD crash last November I have no recent piccies but my avatar used to be me, I just hated seeing it everyday.

robertalove ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:52 AM

I was 69 Jan. 1, 2007 with a 14 year old daughter. WOW life is sweet.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:00 AM

looks furtively side-to-side

Deep Purple.  Red Hot Chillie (Chilly ?) Peppers.  The Darkness.  Hyde of L'Arc-En-Ciel.  Other Visual-Kei Japanese Rock Bands.  China Blue ( and forty-something China rocker Wu Bai - oh, he's an older bishie-boy for surrrre... )

Eternal Hobbyist

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:11 AM

Quote - TrekkieGrrrl said:> Quote - [...] I'm 41. [...]

Wow, never woulda guessed it. I figured you for somewhere from 25 to a very playful 30, based on your outlook. Way to go. 😄

Aww... Hehe well I guess I have a hard time "acting my age" - then again I've never been much for conforming to rules, if that meant being stuffed in a box with a label on it.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Kristta ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:59 AM

I started the piercings and tattoos when I was 18...and at 34 have quite a few of them now.  I was brought up listening to Led Zep, The Eagles, Hendrix, the Stones.  I listen to just about anything that is not rap or opera.

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:38 AM

Quote - > Quote - This'll make you laugh, on another forum I go to (not 3d art) I've been told that at 38 I'm too old to listen to Rock music & wear jeans & t-shirts.

Get this..my girls, who are 13 and 14 have been asking me what music I used to listen to when I was their age...I asked them why, and they said they wanted some of that 'really cool music' on their myspace pages......

So now they have AC/DC, Bad Company, Led Zep, etc...even some CCR thrown in there if ya can believe that...yup, smart kids 😉

Lol, at that ! A similar story : about 3 yrs ago a 15 yr old babysitter arrived and we had Led Zep on, loud. She said"How kewl, my fave band .... how'd you (tone of voice implying old has beens) get into them ?" I replied that ever since 1970 we have never not listened to LZ. She was astounded that the band started "way back then " .... she thought they were a new band !!! Maybe 'History of Rock' should be a mandatory course in high schools ? But my now 13 & 15 yr olds listen to LedZep, the Who, Beachboys, Madness & ELO as much as new bands. And I listen to Muse, Peaches, Lily Allen ,the Killers.......... Apparently they and their friends rate me as a "cool" mum in comparison to other parents they know. Which is flattering. BUT they won't let me dance if their friends are around. Can't imagine why. I consider myself quite a good dancer !?!

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:51 AM

Hehe oh yeah. the Cool Mum syndrome.. Where it's neat to overhear, but one shouldn't overdo it ;) (as in "yeah ok mum, you're cool... now bugger off...")

Apparently my oldest daughter's friends think I'm cool, too... while my kid (at least occasionally) just thinks I'm embarassing LOL

She and her dad seems to have a contest going on about who wants the Heavy Metal Music the loudest... They share taste in music. I like heavy metal as well, but also a lot of other stuff ranging from Bach over Burt Bacharach to The Dubliners L
Actually the only type of music I steer clear of is Country and Western.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 11:35 AM

52 years young in December, and one of the folks who remember when Dungeons and Dragons was handed out at wargames "under the table" after having been hand typed on mimeograph masters and printed by hand.  Been a long time gamer, writer, and teacher on fantasy/writing/gaming and popular culture and definately as addicted to Poser as my budget, and technology base, will allow.

genny ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 12:40 PM

I'm 53 and can't wait until 55!  As soon as I am.....I am going to retire and be able to play Poser when-ever I want! (: 

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 12:51 PM

Will be 55 this year (shhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It's a secret). Been loving Poser since release 1, and NEVER want to stop!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 12:57 PM

I went to Woodstock, served in Viet Nam, and watched the first Man to land on the moon the year I graduated. Darn I led a fascinatinting life! Wonder when I plan to grow up? :) I am 55
in April!
HuggerZ!
Ariana

See me in my many moods!
http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 2:41 PM

DGD you have 3 boobies according to that pic of you on your homepage?????? :scared:

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 3:26 PM · edited Sat, 13 January 2007 at 3:29 PM

Hey what can I say? I am an Unusual Girl!
LOL!!!
That is a character I created for WorldConFrancisco, she is a 3 breasted XenoSex, a Bio-Engineered XenoFex. Her goal is to absorb other races by in-breeding, and therefore creating off shoots of her race. Which is so Xeno-phobic, they can only tolerate their own kind, like a smell. So being a part XenoFexian, is tolerated more so that a Non-Xenofexian! 3 Boobs is so she can breed with furries too! (*Cause they have litters!!!) I created her Looong before Arnold's movie and other Gal's had 3 B's! I actually won "Best Original Novice" in the masquerade! I am quite proud of that because winning World Con is like an Oscar as opposed to an Emmy! I like to stir up some excitement every now and then!  BTW, I did pierce her nips myself, but my friend created the prosthesis!
HuggerZ!
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 3:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - @____@ What's a 'cardigan'?

How do you slit something with buttons?

(43 year old literalist)

RedHawk ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - @____@ What's a 'cardigan'?

How do you slit something with buttons?

(43 year old literalist)

They're very, very sharp buttons.....duh...:rolleyes:

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Tiny ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 6:29 PM

Enjoyed reading all the posts! 😄

I'll be 55 in February. And as many of you it depends on the mood how old I feel that day.
Not a gray hair in sight (it's colored).
I've told my kids and husband (husband is 11 years younger than me) that when I'm too much trouble to have at home they can place me and a computer in the old folks home and throw away the key. I'll be fine then.  :lol:

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 6:39 PM

LMAO, what would they say to an almost 45 year closet goth woman who loves heavy metal and "bad boys"  😉

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Sivana ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:12 PM

I´m 51 and also already grandma of two boys ;-)  I also was surpriesed how many people arround my age are mad in digital art too.  I think we have been the Woodstock-Generation, Hippies and Blue-Jeans Kids, so we haven´t really become oldfashioned in our minds. The real life has changed much against 1969, when we all had a great dream of peace and freedom, but with our art we can go back into our dreams - far away of the reality. Isn´t it? ;-)

ThetaGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:22 PM

:blink:

Wow, I'm one of the first that is actually under the line...

I'm 20...   Will be 21 in March

kierab ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 2:59 AM

I'm 40. But I don't feel a day over twenty-something! I got carded buying cigarettes (for my mom) on my 40th birthday last August. I nearly passed out when the woman asked my for my ID. LOL, I don't look old enough to buy cigarettes?! Hehehe, perhaps she was seeing the inner me. Either way, I must admit that it made the big four-oh Bday much easier on me. :-D My little Avatar is based on my "inner clock" and shows pretty much how I feel most of the time (except when my job makes me feel 110). I have a real picture from last year on my RR home page. I don't mind people knowing what I look like, I just hate looking at my actual picture next to on all my posts... Last year I was totally hooked on the song 1985 by Bowling for soup. I don't have kids. But I know with a certainty that if I did this song would probably be about me, LOL! (minus the Prozac and the SUV) ... ----- 1985 By Bowling For Soup Debbie just hit the wall She never had it all One Prozac a day Husband's a CPA Her dreams went out the door When she turned twenty-four Only been with one man What happened to her plan She was gonna be an actress She was gonna be a star She was gonna shake her ass On the hood of Whitesnake's car Her yellow SUV is now the enemy Looks at her average life And nothing has been alright since [CHORUS:] Bruce Springsteen, Madonna Way before Nirvana There was U2 and Blondie And music still on MTV Her two kids in high school They tell her that she's uncool 'Cause she's still preoccupied With 19, 19, 1985 She's seen all the classics She knows every line Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink Even Saint Elmo's Fire She rocked out to Wham Not a big Limp Bizkit fan Thought she'd get a hand On a member of Duran Duran Where's the mini-skirt made of snake skin And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen When did reality become T.V. What ever happen to sitcoms, game shows [CHORUS] She hates time make it stop When did Motley Crew become classic rock And when did Ozzy become an actor Please make this stop Stop And bring back [CHORUS, REPEAT]

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 3:31 AM

32 but still get ID'd for smokes and no one at work believes me LOL, wich is why I have a beard so I atleast look a little older

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.