Sun, Oct 6, 11:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why No Ebots AGAIN!

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 1:01 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:12 AM

This seems to happen quite frequently. For the last 3 days I get maybe 1or 2 ebots when here 10 or 15 of my favs have uploaded and i still have not gotten ebots for comments on mine that were posted days ago. It seems once a month this happens, rather disconcerting to say the least.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 1:07 PM

Hi Lenord,

Nothing has changed with the ebots so I'm not sure why you are having this problem.

Can you give me a particuliar artist name that uploaded and you didn't get the ebot?

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 7:05 AM

I'm sure I have no idea either, but the situation is still current, I did not even get a notice that anyone had responded to this thread.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 7:08 AM

Sorry Stacie.. Angel_Dust...A_Sunbeam....Garnetrose...1010...etc,etc,etc

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:31 PM

I, too, have not been receiving from one half to two thirds of my favorite artists list, 'ebots'? I checked the new FAQ listings and either missed this area or it is not covered. In this forum I also have 'pauses' from when I first bring up a thread/post until it 'moves' finally again and fully loads the page. I also cannot use the 'back' arrow anylonger. I must cick on the 'top of forum' to return to top of entire forum. I use Netscape 8.1.1 browser. In the past, I was using Netscape browser 7.0 and 7.2 and was told upgrading to Netscape browse 8.0 would resolve this issue.

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 6:35 PM

TallPockets,

I need specifics on what artists you are not receiving ebots for so I can research further.

Not sure about the pauses you are mentioning, I will have to ask the programmers.

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 8:31 PM

Lenord,

I checked everything on this end and they all went out to you properly, you've checked your spam filter and all I assume?

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 9:16 PM

My spam filter automatically comes up any time I look at mail if there is anything is in it, I am not inadvertently dumping them. This isn't the 1st time this has happened like I said before. I just got an Ebot for an image by Ladona that was posted this morning and this notice that you posted a comment on this therad and the one for Tall pockets. They are on again off again and I am absolutely sure it's not on my end, because this has happened so many times to not just me. It gets straightened out and everything is fine for a while then it's back again and I NEVER change any Browser or Internet settings.

I don't know what to say Stacey, but appearently it's not just happening to me.
Len

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 9:21 PM

I don't know what else to say either as I see them going to from our end to you and I have no idea what is happening from here to there because they are showing "successful" on this end.

I'll talk to the programmers to see what other info I can get but I'm at a loss.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 3:23 PM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 3:29 PM

StaceyG: I did get a few ebots ok from people like primal and sekadhar and a couple of others on my favorite artists list.

I did NOT get the following ebot notifications: CarolSassy, coa, cwrw, Elcet,Lenord, LottaLagg1, Thartwick1, yesitis3 and vaggabondd.

I second Lenord's above comments. I too, NEVER change any settings regarding spam, etc. My spam filters in my email always send spam to a spam folder which I am able to view and decide what to do with them if they are there.

As for the Netscape browser issue:

When I click onto the forum page it loads up at first, normally. Next, however, it 'pauses' in mid load cycle or freezes for a number of seconds, then it 'moves' again and finishes loading the full/entire page.

On some instances, however, this 'lock up freeze/pause' is PERMANENT. I have to shut down/restart my p.c. from scratch. Even using the 'escape' key or the 'control alt delete' keys don't help in those instances. ONLY restarts/shutdowns work to get me 'unlocked'.

Awhile back, I posted this same re-occurring problem (again, agree with Lenord's comments above). WILLIAMSN told me to UPGRADE my Netscape browser from the 7.2 version I was then using to 8.0 version. I did as instructed. I have since upgraded to Netscape 8.1 and now to Netscape 8.1.1 version browser. I believe this is the MOST current such browser for Netscape?

My simple question is, again, is Netscape browser incompatible or problematic with your, new and improved conversion of this most wonderful site?

Or, if it is compatible, should I, or anyone using this browser, expect such 'hiccups'? ....

I also noted above, I can no longer use the BACK arrow key like I always had been since upgrading to the 8.0 Netscape browser series. Now, all of a sudden, like Lenord said above, it's NOT working again??

As I said, above, I have to click onto the ''top of forum'' words in order to bring me back up to the front page, full forum.

I also used to hit 'reply' and then be able to type in 'text'. Now, it no longer allows that. I see no 'blinking' "I" bar symbol as before. I experimented around and found I had to now hit the 'source' box, twice,  in order to type text.

Finally, I went to my 'homepage'. My normal welcome pic was not viewable nor was my featured image pic. So, I re-uploaded them both and they now appear.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:14 PM

Yeah I got a few ebots also and thought well maybe it's working now. Only to find out I got that one but not one for the Post the day before by the same artist.

I'm a hardwareand circuits engineer and not a software engineer but even i know that just because a log database says something was sent does not mean it actually left the mail server.
There is a bug somewhere.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 9:49 AM

I'm not doubting you aren't receiving them for whatever reason but I'm not sure why just a few of you are having this problem now and not a whole group of members like in the past when we found and fixed the problem.  It is going to take some research since it seems to be sporadic and only a couple of you so that will be harder to pin down why that is the case.

Please be patient as we try and work through this.

Thanks

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 12:23 PM

Quote - I'm not doubting you aren't receiving them for whatever reason but I'm not sure why just a few of you are having this problem now and not a whole group of members like in the past when we found and fixed the problem.  It is going to take some research since it seems to be sporadic and only a couple of you so that will be harder to pin down why that is the case.

Please be patient as we try and work through this.

Thanks

StaceyG: Hello. Any luck on finding the source of the no ebots issue yet? I'm still getting the same ebots from those above and not from the many others on my favorite artists list. Puzzling to understand why I'd get about 1/3 on my list and not the other 2/3? Thanks, in advance/for any all help. MUCH appreciated.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:08 PM

Not so far Tallpockets:( Sorry I don't have a good resolution as of yet.  Since it is so sporadic, its really difficult to figure out exactly what is the culprit  here.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more info.

If you have any additional specific information that might help, please email it to me and I'll pass along to the programmers. 

Thanks

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:11 PM

Renderosity Galleries     Sekadhar has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Thu Dec 14, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     meico has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Thu Dec 14, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     Primal has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Thu Dec 14, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     Unicornst has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Wed Dec 13, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     1010 has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Wed Dec 13, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     IQ200 has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Wed Dec 13, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     Primal has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Wed Dec 13, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     Margana has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Mon Dec 11, 2006     3k

Renderosity Galleries     visualgirl has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Sun Dec 10, 2006     3k
    Renderosity Galleries     Lilybelles has uploaded an image on Renderosity.com!     Fri Dec 08, 2006     3k

STACEYG: Here are the ebots I AM receiving OK. From these, specific peoples on my favorite artist list. I am NOT receiving any such ebots from any others on my favorite artists lists. 

I have not seen any reply from anyone either here in this thread/forum, via IM or site email since my above Dec. 4th posting.

THANKS, in advance, for any/all help. MUCH appreciated.

My best, TallPockets.

LENORD: Hello. Have your ebot issues been resolved yet? My best, TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:14 PM

StaceyG: THANKS for your above answer. Seems we crossed posting paths at the same time, nearly? WINK. In your 'past' dealings with ebot issues, have you seen instances where someone would be getting 'some' ebots from favorite artist lists but not all? Or, has your experiences been a member usually either gets 'all' or 'none' regarding ebots? In such past instances, what have you and your staff found to be the problems at that time? Thanks again, for any/all help. MUCH appreciated. My best, TallPockets.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:44 PM

Yes we have seen a few isolated instances where a member might have not been receiving one specific artists upload ebot and that was traced to there being a 'bad email" address for someone having that specific artist on their favorites list. This was causing the whole transmission to fail. So at that time in order to rectify this problem, we ran a report for invalid or bad email addresses and took the information on that report to remove all favorites from those members lists. Now on the new PHP platform, it won't allow you to have an invalid email address since you have to validate the new address in order for a change to go through.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 6:13 AM

Mine are still sporadic also and I have not gotten a notice that anyone has posted on this thread since, what, the 6th. the only reason I looked is because TP commented on it on a gallery image. I have pretty much given up hope that there will be a solution and am moving.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 2:10 AM · edited Sat, 23 December 2006 at 2:11 AM

StaceyG: Hello. First and foremost, best wishes to you and yours for this holiday season. I am online at this site usually 2-3 times a month these days. Just checking in now to see what, if anything, you and your tech peoples could come up with on my ebot issues earlier stated. I tried deleting CarolSassy from my 'favorite' artist's list on Dec. 11th. I then went back and 'added' her as a new, favorite artist. I just now got back online since that time and see that from that point on, I now do have all of CarolSassy's subsequent ebots. I also just today added TerraDreamer to my favorite artist list as a 'new' favorite. I enjoy his wonderful photo works and I will also next follow up to see if his addition will result in similar ebots occurring as was done in CarolSassy's situation. If that also works, I will go back through all my favorite artists lists and delete and then add back on all those artists I presently am still not getting ebots for. At the time of this entry, those I still do not receive ebots for are: frogdot - heartnsoul - kenmo - kenwas - Lenord - LottaLagg1 - Markal - rainbows - sittingblue - tallpindo - thartwick1 - vaggbondd - angelbearzs - Blush - Chrislenn - coa - cwrw - and Elcet. The few remaining names on my favorite artists lists I DO presently get ebots for on a consistent basis. Maybe, if this does pan out to work as hoped, it will be something others can try and information that can be added to the FAQ area? My best, T.P.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 2:14 AM · edited Sat, 23 December 2006 at 2:16 AM

My apologies in today's postings/threads for no 'paragraphs'. When I tried to 'reply' in the posting box it would not bring up a blinking I bar cursor to begin text typing? So, I had to finally click on the 'source' blue box at the top left corner to allow me to type text at all. But, it appears, using that results in no paragraph breaks? Even after I attempted to go back and 'edit' my post and tried inserting paragraph breaks? BTW: I did read some of Williamsn's postings regarding ebots and AOL email addresses. I have always used only one yahoo email address since joining. My best, T.P.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 8:54 PM

**TallPockets? I have no suggestions regarding the ebots, but perhaps one regarding your problems navigating the site and it freezing on you at times.

I had that problem for a bit and decided to run AdAware to get rid of those pesky spyware thingys. Problem stopped for me. Maybe that's what is causing your problem?

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Janet**

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 12:00 AM

TallPockets,

Our records show that for the last several months, everybody signed up for eBots have been sent those eBots. Some have been bounced back as non-existent, and of course we've also had problems with being blacklisted (i.e. AOL). This has been the case for some users but not all. After checking the logs on our mail server itself, in the past 30 days every single eBot we have sent to you since November 24 (186 eBots to be exact) have been successfully delivered to your Yahoo! account. Past that, your problems are beyond the scope of anything we have control over. I would check to make sure your eBots are not being delivered to your Junk box or blocked as Spam. Also, please add ebot@renderosity.com to your Yahoo! address book, and that of your local email client if you are using one. If you continue to not receive eBots from us, please contact Yahoo! support so that they can troubleshoot the problem on their end; your eBots are all being successfully delivered to Yahoo! servers.

Thanks,

N

-Nicholas

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 12:20 AM

UPDATES:

AOL's whitelisting has taken affect and since Thursday night/Friday morning at midnight, the only failed AOL eBots we've received back have been because of non-existent emails. This is great! 😄

As for Gmail users, our logs show that we are as yet having no problems with them. They seem to be accepting the traffic we are sending them without problems (go Google!). At the moment, Google doesn't have a whitelisting program, but this isn't a big issue for us since we aren't having a problem with them.

For our Yahoo! users, those eBots too seem to be going okay. Nevertheless, we are going to be proactive and apply for their whitelist after the Holiday break.

However, I'm afraid I have good AND bad news for our MSN/Hotmail users.
The good news is that, for the most part, we aren't having many problems with MSN/Hotmail accounts. There are a few random incidences that seem to be being blocked by MSN/Hotmail's servers, but other than that, most valid accounts are going through. However, at this time (and most likely any time in the future) we will not being applying for Microsoft's whitelist program. They have unfortunately decided to do away with their old method of whitelisting and have started charging businesses and organizations for "guaranteed inbox delivery". Their charge is an outrageous yearly license fee that is beyond the reach of Renderosity (and most other online communities I assure you). Most MSN/Hotmail users are fine...for now. However, if you are using an MSN or Hotmail email address, have done everything you can think of to ensure safe delivery of your eBots (checked Junk Mail folder, added ebot@renderosity to your address book, etc), and still are not receiving eBots from Renderosity, the only help we can offer you is to suggest you switch to some other email service such as Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, or one of the other many email services out there that aren't charging for emails to be delivered to your accounts.

Thanks,

N

-Nicholas

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 12:25 AM

UNICORNST: Hello and THANKS for the info. I DO use 'spysubtract' for a couple of years ..... By intermute/trend micro ..... pay service for it ..... suggested to me by H/P techs ....

WILLIAMSN: Hello and THANKS for the info! .... I have used my 'yahoo' addy here since joining as TallPockets .... Up until recently, I always received all ebots from this site fine .... then, I began getting SOME ebots from PARTICULAR artists .... and not getting SOME ebots from other PARTICULAR artists .... that's what was so puzzling to me ....

I saw prior suggestions above to change email accounts ..... I and many others might not want to do so ..... especially when 'some' ebots come through OK ..... I could see doing so IF NO ebots were coming through ..... just MY thoughts .... consider the source .... GRIN ....

I always check my 'spam' boxes in all email accounts ..... NO ebots were being sent indavertenly to them .....

I just now got back online to rosity since my last post above .... TerraDreamer's ebots are ALL coming through OK now,  also ....

For whatever reason, Williamsn, by 'deleting' the 'previous' favorite artists of mine I had NOT been getting ebots for and then 'renaming' them as 'new' artists seems to have done the trick! .....

Might be something to keep in mind IF it happens similar to someone else as to me? .....

*(Not bad for a first time, old, grumpy member, huh? WINK) ..... LOL .....

MY BEST to you and yours,

TallPockets

NOTE TO LENORD: TRY doing this on YOUR favorite artists list with a 'few' of YOUR artists and kindly let me and others know IF that works OK for YOU, also! .... T.P.

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 12:38 AM

WILLIAMSN: Since it appears only UNICORNST has replied to my above browser question, which I have asked many times before, I'll try it again in hopes you might have some insights ..... THANKS MUCH, in advance, for any/all help ..... TallPockets ....

Question: Is there an inherent incompatability with NETSCAPE browsers (I use 8.1.1) and the Forum area here?

In the 'old' forum set up I had NO such problems ..... is the 'rich text' editor box format/set up a possible cause? THANKS, again. T.P. (I'll copy/paste my above, original post for you review):

As for the Netscape browser issue: (Repost)

When I click onto the forum page it loads up at first, normally. Next, however, it 'pauses' in mid load cycle or freezes for a number of seconds, then it 'moves' again and finishes loading the full/entire page.

On some instances, however, this 'lock up freeze/pause' is PERMANENT. I have to shut down/restart my p.c. from scratch. Even using the 'escape' key or the 'control alt delete' keys don't help in those instances. ONLY restarts/shutdowns work to get me 'unlocked'.

Awhile back, I posted this same re-occurring problem (again, agree with Lenord's comments above). WILLIAMSN told me to UPGRADE my Netscape browser from the 7.2 version I was then using to 8.0 version. I did as instructed. I have since upgraded to Netscape 8.1 and now to Netscape 8.1.1 version browser. I believe this is the MOST current such browser for Netscape?

My simple question is, again, is Netscape browser incompatible or problematic with your, new and improved conversion of this most wonderful site?

Or, if it is compatible, should I, or anyone using this browser, expect such 'hiccups'? ....

I also noted above, I can no longer use the BACK arrow key like I always had been since upgrading to the 8.0 Netscape browser series. Now, all of a sudden, like Lenord said above, it's NOT working again??

As I said, above, I have to click onto the ''top of forum'' words in order to bring me back up to the front page, full forum.

I also used to hit 'reply' and then be able to type in 'text'. Now, it no longer allows that. I see no 'blinking' "I" bar symbol as before. I experimented around and found I had to now hit the 'source' box, twice,  in order to type text.

Finally, I went to my 'homepage'. My normal welcome pic was not viewable nor was my featured image pic. So, I re-uploaded them both and they now appear.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 11:00 PM

**TP, you're welcome. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

But I can add to the ebot complaint. Notice I didn't say solution. grin

I'm getting them, but several hours after the comment was made. For example, I had someone comment on an image at 11:14 this morning and just received the ebot telling me there was a comment at 10:53 this evening. Almost 12 hours later. Other ebots letitng me know I have comments are lagging as well. Some I haven't received yet. Also, I made a reply to a thread in the Vendor Support Forum, checked it a bit ago and there are several replies to it. I have yet to receive any ebot telling me this.

And yes, I check junk mail and have rendo in my address book. I'm getting some ebots. Just way past the time a comment is made or a thread replied to.**

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 11:49 AM

FYI, the last eBot of any kind that I receive from Renderosity today was at 9:42 EST. I know that I've had a bunch of gallery comments since then and seen faves post images. I have an AOL email addy so if the whitelist is in effect, I should be getting eBots, right? Any word on what's up?

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 12:40 PM

UPDATE: It seems that admin emails come through fine however. Still no eBots though.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:03 AM

Just to update things, 24 hours later and still no eBots and I am getting emails sent to me multiple times, even one that I read a day ago!

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 9:39 AM

The newsletter was pushing out yesterday so anytime something gets sent as large as the newsletter, it slows down the ebots which is why there was big delays in receiving them in your email account.

Also for any yahoo, gmail and hotmail accounts, because of the "blacklist" thing we are having to "throttle" the ebots so they will be received. This means we are sending 1000 at a time so there is going to be a delay on these ebots.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:27 PM

Ahhhhhh.....that helps explain things. Thanks Stacey!

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:35 PM

You are welcome:)

Hope you are having a "GOOD" 2007 so far!!!

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:43 PM

Not as "GOOD" as it was. But not as "BAD" as it was, either.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:04 PM

Try one more time to delete all of your cookies – close all browser windows and then try to log back on.  Even though you may have deleted them,  without closing the browser window it’s likely to not clear up the problem.  

Let me know:)

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:12 PM

Quote - Try one more time to delete all of your cookies – close all browser windows and then try to log back on.  Even though you may have deleted them,  without closing the browser window it’s likely to not clear up the problem.  

Let me know:)

Huh?

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:25 PM · edited Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:25 PM

Sorry I forgot to address it to the specific person...That was for Star4mation in the post before yours I think:)

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:34 PM

LOL.... thought you were losing it for a minute there. I was going to ask you if you needed another vacation. smart-a$$ grin

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 7:22 PM

You know what? I do need another vacation because I have lost my mind. This isn't even the thread that Star4mation posted in, LOL. No wonder I had you all confused. Sorry bout that:)

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:05 PM

May I just say......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:😉

Tell the boss you have our permission to take a vacation. grin

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:17 PM

You know I am taking my first vacation in a long long time in February (well its a mini vacation but still...) with Debbie M, her daughter and my son to New Orleans to see the parades!!! I am sooooo excited. I've never been to New Orleans so it ought to be great fun and some time away is always good huh?

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:29 PM

**For Mardi Gras? If so, you'll have a blast. Just stay off the side streets. It can get dangerous.

I grew up 2 hours away from New Orleans. I loved Mardi Gras on the coast. Be sure to catch lots of necklaces. grin Bourbon street is a fun place, too.**

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:31 PM

Yes to Mardi Gras!!!  Debbie is from LA you know and relocated here after Hurricane Katrina so she knows the ropes there for sure and can keep us safe. We aren't going to the wild things at night because my son is only 9 and that would be too much for him to see LOL. She is got it all planned out as to what is appropriate for him to see but still enjoy and have fun.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 8:35 PM

**Deb will be a great guide. And there's the French Quarter and you can get your portrait painted by a street artist. And don't forget the biegnets and chicory coffee. I miss those.

Boy did we highjack this thread. lol**

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 10:06 PM

heehee, we sure did.

We are going to take plenty of pics so I will post some when we return home!!

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 10:34 PM

**yeah....make me homesick with the pics. LOL

Have to go test some second skins for Cami. Be back later!**

Sekadhar ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 4:38 PM

What is with my ebots last three days? Please fix it as I can't surf all day.
Vjera (Sekadhar)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 9:26 PM · edited Sat, 10 February 2007 at 9:27 PM

"What is with my ebots last three days? Please fix it as I can't surf all day."

Wow...those E-Bots must be extremely powerful to disable ones ability to "surf ".

8 )

Has anyone noticed any "Patterns"?

For example...does this happen every time the Newsletter is deployed. or perhaps when your ISP does an "Upgrade"?

Noticing patterns can play a big role in troubleshooting the problem, As does posting your specs, like "Browser type and version", The "E-mail Client"(Reader) you are using if any (Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.)

ISP (Roadrunner, AOL, Verizon, etc.)

Simply saying "I don't get any E-bot's" doesn't help the programmers troubleshoot the problem, especially when it only happens sporadically, and to only some folks, but not others.

Try to help find the common element...this will help narrow down to possibilities.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Dajadues ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 6:57 PM · edited Tue, 27 February 2007 at 6:59 PM

Im the opposite. I can't stand the ebot spam.

I just had to delete a hundred of them & I wasn't subscribed to any of the threads nor did
I post in those threads. :(

How do you turn them off please?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 10:10 AM

Hi Dajadues

Are you just referring to forum ebots?  I don't show you subscribed to any forums so can you forward me a few that you get that you didn't post in (stacey@bondware.com ) so I can research this for you?

Thanks

Dajadues ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 7:04 PM · edited Wed, 28 February 2007 at 7:04 PM

Hello, yes just the ebots and I'm not subscribed to any forums. They have slowed down some. ;)
Just that a hundred ebots that I didn't subcribe too were killing my inbox. LOL.
I'm sure it will sort it's self out.

Thank you for the reply.

evielouise ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:23 PM

One of the artist suggested I come here and post my problem re:ebots
as I have been sending emails to Renderostiy for months re:not receiving
any at all
I have not changed anything,ie e-mail the same I check spam always
I have windows XP and hotmail,however I do have aquestion
how is I get all the advertisments for marketplace??they never fail
to be there in my inbox? does that work a different way(or is this a silly question?)
it's so hard not getting them as it takes so long to go to fav page and start from there
If  this is going to be a long term problem,perhaps there's another way to get to artist easier?
(but I'm no buff don't ask moi?lol)
I sure to miss getting them especially when someone adds my image to 
thier favs who do I thank??no one because I do not know who he/she is:
thanks have a great week-end:signed evie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.