Fri, Oct 4, 4:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: JessiG2 is here

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 4:33 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:33 PM

At CP there is JessiG2 and the face room installer and an update for G2 available.n It's free at least for PP members, may be also for normal P6/ P/ users. Serial No necessary.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 5:05 PM

From the promo pics her eyes look very suspiciously like Sydney's...

My Freebies

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 6:50 PM

I'm downloading her now along with the other stuff. Should be interesting to see how she's rigged.

My Facebook Page

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:00 PM

Quote - I'm downloading her now along with the other stuff. Should be interesting to see how she's rigged.

She shares the same body as Sydney G2, being part of the G2 line.

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:27 PM

Getting a little stressed out here. Is she free for Poser 6/7 users or not? I keep trying to put her in my cart, and it keeps demanding $19.99 from me. I have P6 and P7, and my serial for P7 is saved on CP.

Anyone else having a problem? It clearly says everywhere that she is free for P6 or 7 owners.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:29 PM

Suddenly there's a whole new productline for JessiG2 at CP and RDNA, they must have been planning this for weeks, at least the new jessi looks much more friendlier  (is that correct english?)  than the old one.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:30 PM

@ destro75,  I had no problems downloading her, but I had to give my P7serial number.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:32 PM

Quote - @ destro75,  I had no problems downloading her, but I had to give my P7serial number.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't get it. My serial number is saved on the site. I picked the option that said I am a Poser 6/7 owner, and yet I am still showing she is $19.99.

ARGH!

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:59 PM

This has happened to me numerous times, so I ask and am not trying to insult your intelligence.

Are you sure you're logged in to your account?  IE7 kicks my account closed alot these days and I have to relog to almost every site I have set up to remember me at.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:03 PM · edited Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:04 PM

Quote - This has happened to me numerous times, so I ask and am not trying to insult your intelligence.

Are you sure you're logged in to your account?  IE7 kicks my account closed alot these days and I have to relog to almost every site I have set up to remember me at.

No insult taken at all. I'm 99% sure I'm logged in. My name is in the upper left, and it shows the other items in my cart correctly. (All I have in there are the updates which all say they are free. It's just the G2 Jessi that is giving me a cost.)

Thanks for the response though. Every idea is appreciated!

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:25 PM
Site Admin

My P7 serial is being rejected so I can't get the G2 character update, posted in the support forum at CP and opened a ticket - sigh just once I'd like to have things go smoothly.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:28 PM

Quote - My P7 serial is being rejected so I can't get the G2 character update, posted in the support forum at CP and opened a ticket - sigh just once I'd like to have things go smoothly.

At least you aren't alone! (And now, neither am I.)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble as well.

Check your ticket though. For some reason, even though I submitted two different tickets tonight, neither is showing up for me on the tracking screen.

It's just one of those nights I guess.

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:42 PM

If you are a Passport member, and you select "Not a Poser Owner" You should also be able to check out the product for free without entering your serial number.  My apologies for the inconvenience for the few others, Support will get back to you as soon as they can.

Tori

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:45 PM

Quote - If you are a Passport member, and you select "Not a Poser Owner" You should also be able to check out the product for free without entering your serial number.  My apologies for the inconvenience for the few others, Support will get back to you as soon as they can.

Tori

Thanks for the response!

My situation is the opposite of what you described though. I am not a passport member, but I am a Poser owner. From what I understand, this is still eligible for the Jessi G2 model. Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Anyway, I guess I should just wait for a response from support. Thanks again for the post.

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:20 PM
Site Admin

The product description says:

The update requires a Poser 7 serial number. 

There is no place for me to choose passport member.  When I try to put it in the cart I am asked to enter a P7 serial.    In case I wasn't clear this is the product I'm not able to get.

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/poser_7_character_updater_for_sydney_and_simon_product_27471

destro75, yes it is nice to know I'm not alone :)  But let's hope we both get this resloved, it's the first time a serial is being rejected in my case.   Was I supposed to have registered P7 with E-frontier?  Because I haven't yet.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:42 PM

I used my poser6 number, even though I'm in the database it still asked me for it. I have poser7 but used the poser 6 number to be safe.
Marque

jefsview ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:46 PM

Wow, look at all the instantaneous support for the new women.

While the G2 men still have no extra skins, aside from one zombie pack from RDNA and the default skins. 

blah, blah, blah.

-- Jeff

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:52 PM

Quote - The product description says:

The update requires a Poser 7 serial number. 

There is no place for me to choose passport member.  When I try to put it in the cart I am asked to enter a P7 serial.    In case I wasn't clear this is the product I'm not able to get.

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/poser_7_character_updater_for_sydney_and_simon_product_27471

destro75, yes it is nice to know I'm not alone :)  But let's hope we both get this resloved, it's the first time a serial is being rejected in my case.   Was I supposed to have registered P7 with E-frontier?  Because I haven't yet.

Well, I registered on the e-F site, and then saved my serial in CP's site as well. And I still can't get to it. We're having problems with different products you and I though.

I can't get the Jessi G2 download. The one you're trying to get I did. (That was after I registered on e-F's site though, so maybe you should try that.)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 12:21 AM

My P7 serial number worked for Jessie but not for the update. Looks like another CP SNAFU.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 1:02 AM

I downloaded her tonight with no problems. But I am a PP member. But I downloaded Miki last night and now the file shows as corrupted...sigh. Got to go through all that again and my server has slowed my download speed to below dialup (I'm on broadband). It took my over four hours last night and I have to do it again. StevieG1965, yes there does seem to be a lack of G2 male textures but I'm working on that problem. Gonna soon have my JamesG2 tex done and a Kelvin and Koji in the works. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 1:13 AM

Had a bit of a snafu, but worked it like this:

For the Jessi G2 package, I used my P6 Serial #
For the Poser 7 update is used my P7 Serial #

No probs.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 1:51 AM

Maybe they only let you use the P7 serial one time. That might be why some of use can only get one item istead of both. I'm a CP Passport member and it doesn't help.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:01 AM

where do we install all this stuff? I understand the sydney update goes into P7 but what about the jessi G2 files?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:09 AM

Quote - where do we install all this stuff? I understand the sydney update goes into P7 but what about the jessi G2 files?

I would assume you could just install it into the P6 folder within the P7 install. Or, you could probably also install into the P6 install if you've linked your Runtimes. (Then again, I still don't have the file, so what do I know? 😉)  

Strangely, my tickets still aren't appearing. Do they not appear until they are responded to? I'm sure this will all work out in the end, it's just really weird.

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:56 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:56 AM

Ok, this is weird, but those whose P7 serial numbers that don't seem to be working, have you tried ticking the "save this serial number with my account" box? You may already have saved it at a previous time ( I certainly had), but my P7 serial number refused to work until I ticked the box.

Strange, but true 😕

curtskinn ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:57 AM

what hair will go with JessiG2? I am not sure on that. Will the hair for Jessi work on her?

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:58 AM

Quote - Ok, this is weird, but those whose P7 serial numbers that don't seem to be working, have you tried ticking the "save this serial number with my account" box? You may already have saved it at a previous time ( I certainly had), but my P7 serial number refused to work until I ticked the box.

Strange, but true 😕

Yeah, I actually did that right away. Now I'm wondering if that is part of my problem...

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:06 AM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:07 AM

w00t!

The process works now! When I got to the screen where it asks what type of download it is: (P6/7 owner, or not) there was an extra piece of text in the P6/7 owner line. It showed: (-19.99) now.

I had tried a little while ago, so it was either of two things:

1. The people over at CP are working too hard at 4am, or
  2. When I just updated my profile it did something to "fix" it.

If anyone wants to update their profile (you may not know where the option is, I just found it myself by accident,) here is the way:

In the upper left, where it shows your user name, right above the Image of the Day, just to the left of your name, there is a tiny button. If you hover over it, it will say that it is for your profile. (The opposite side of your name is the log off button.) Click on the profile button, make some minor change to your profile and save. Then try to make the download again.

Hopefully that will work for others the way it did for me. Good luck all!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:57 AM

I used my P7 serial last night and had no problem with any of the files as far as getting them in my cart and checking out. All went well in my case. Sorry so many other had problems.

QUOTE:

"what hair will go with JessiG2? I am not sure on that. Will the hair for Jessi work on her?"

All hair will work for her. If it's a prop hair file .HR2 you can just scale it to fit G2 Jessie and make sure it parented to her head. If it's a conforming hair figure you can rescale to fit G2 Jessie and parent it to her head. Or you can get one of those hair conversion kits at CP by Neitherworks that will help you fit the hair to Jessie. I know he has a Hair Conversion Kit for G2 Jessie because I saw it with the other G2 Jessie products blitz on CP.

My Facebook Page

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 7:26 AM

She's packaged with a new hairstyle, by the way.

And a bikini, for those of you who were asking earlier about a swimsuit for Sydney.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 7:27 AM
Site Admin

I was able to finally download the P7 character updater for Simon and Sydney after I had registered my P7 serial with E-frontier.  After that CP also recoginized it as a valid serial.

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 2:51 PM

Will Miki 2 be free for passport members?

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 3:12 PM

Miki 2 will be free to Miki 1 owners, but Passport Members receive a discount on Miki and Terai Yuki 2.

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 4:22 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 4:22 PM

Are there plans for any more G2 characters?

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 4:23 PM

Olivia, Kelvin's G2 counterpart is still to be released.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:34 PM

There's some weirdness when I try to use the G2 Female poses with her...

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:34 PM

file_369081.jpg

One thing I really don't like on the new Jessi G2 are her feet.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:36 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:37 PM

file_369082.jpg

Reminds me a little on her feet . But I think that Sydney and Miki has the same problem.

regards,

Thijs

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:49 PM

Quote - There's some weirdness when I try to use the G2 Female poses with her...

Did you download the new ones or are you talking about the ones in Poser 7?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 8:33 PM

There are no new poses in her zip.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 9:23 PM
Site Admin

There are new poses available to download from CP.   However, the older free Pinup poses now do not work with Sydney or Jessi, will those also be updated?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 10:46 PM

I've not tried the pinup poses on Syd but I have used Venux Poses and they work fine for me. And I haven't used shoes on her yet (except boots and I hid her toes for that) but I like her feet so far. The thing I really like on the G2 figures feet is that you can pose each toe separately. I think it looks more realistic than just bending all the toes together.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:40 PM

I sure hope that Miki 2 looks "different" to Miki 1. Not that there is anything wrong with the first Miki - it would just be nice to see the G2 Miki have a different look ----- like they did with Jessi G2....

... and like they DIDN'T do with Koji and James.

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:53 PM

I downloaded her. She's really quite pretty. I actually think I like her better than Sydney.

DustRider ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 12:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_369105.jpg

I'm disappointed with the G2 Jessi, she's just Sydney with a different head. Really, she is the same figure! Load both of them, and only the head and the upper insides of the breasts are different. I don't have P7, but had a friend check it out and send me the image, Sydney is in gray. I'll stick with Jessi, and Glamorous Jessi for now.

On the up side, for those of us that haven't upgraded to P7, we get "Sydney" (or pretty darn close) for free :-)

I would guess that the textures and body morphs for Sydney would also work on JessiG2.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 12:09 AM

I like her head and face better but I liked the P6 Jessie's body much better. The P6 Jessie's head was odd shaped on top. From a top view it looked like a ufo. :)

efstarlet ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 5:36 PM

Quote - I sure hope that Miki 2 looks "different" to Miki 1. Not that there is anything wrong with the first Miki - it would just be nice to see the G2 Miki have a different look ----- like they did with Jessi G2....

... and like they DIDN'T do with Koji and James.

Miki will not be G2 compatible, she will "just" be 2.0.  I don't expect her to look too different, it's her look that people love!

efstarlet ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 5:38 PM · edited Fri, 16 February 2007 at 5:40 PM

Quote - There are no new poses in her zip.

The updated G2 Female poses are here:
http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/g2_female_poses_product_27475

Make sure you also get the character updater for Poser 7 as well:

efstarlet ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 5:39 PM

Quote - There are new poses available to download from CP.   However, the older free Pinup poses now do not work with Sydney or Jessi, will those also be updated?

Yes, I have requested this, and I'll send an "update mail" from CP when they get up.

darinlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 6:34 PM

Quote - Ok, this is weird, but those whose P7 serial numbers that don't seem to be working, have you tried ticking the "save this serial number with my account" box? You may already have saved it at a previous time ( I certainly had), but my P7 serial number refused to work until I ticked the box.

Strange, but true 😕

Wish I had read your post earlier . Ticked that box last time , never had a problem until I did . Working fine now , so Thanks .

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 6:47 PM · edited Fri, 16 February 2007 at 6:51 PM

Quote : "Miki will not be G2 compatible, she will "just" be 2.0.  I don't expect her to look too different, it's her look that people love!"

Piffle.

That's not good enough .....in fact its a downright flimsy argument.

I realize its her look that people love, and so if people love that look so much, then why can't they just keep using version 1 ??? Why on earth do you release a new version of exactly the same character .... with the only catch that its a new character and she won't be compatible with the previous version ??? Why can't you make her a TRULY NEW CHARACTER ??

It frustrates me no end that you released James 2 and Koji 2, that look identical to their respective predecessors .... but with the catch that you have to build up a whole new library of clothes, textures and morphs, i.e. you can't use anything from the predecessor. It makes no sense to me.

DAZ create a COMPLETELY NEW AND  UNIQUE CHARACTER for each invocation of Victoria, Michael and Stephanie. Why can't eFrontier/CP do the same ???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.