Wed, Sep 18, 6:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Who's good with Python on here?

Nebula ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 12:11 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:00 AM

Wanting to have a script written or maybe have someone explain to me how to do it.  Would like to create a script that will detect and avoid collisions with body parts (arm thru chest and such) in an animation.  Would also like a script that will automatically adjust feet in an animation for high heel use.  I'm a programmer by trade, but I don't fully understand the form of a model from a numerical standpoint.  (What numbers do I have to compare and such).  I'm probably asking for the moon but I think it's better to ask than to never know.

Thanks!

Nebula

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 6:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~masasi/Service/FemMotion.html

Easy one first. ;) Masa's high_heel.py from the link is for the P4 woman, but should be adaptable to others. Collision detection is built in to later versions of Poser - what version are you using? Doing it by Python would be a tall order, I fear. There's a lot of maths to do and an interpreted script wouldn't be very fast.

Nebula ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 6:56 AM

EnglishBob,

Hey, thanks for the post.  I have Poser 4 - Poser 7.  I know about the collisions on/off feature but I was wanting to find a way to limit Posers animation movements when a collision was detected. 

I bought the Hot Moves 1 set from Eclipse (es3d.com).  It has some nice motions but I think it required a little more tweaking than I had hoped.  There are several areas in the particular motion set I am working with where V4's arms are transitioning deep into her torso.  And it's not just the torso issue.  I am trying to generate a skirt simulation for her with this.  But when her hand goes thru the fabric and comes back out, it brings the skirt with it.  Therefore, her wrist is holding her skirt up and out very near the beginning and it stays that way throughout the simulation.

I have been working frame by frame to try to tweak out these areas but it is VERY slow going.  (So a long python script that would do that for me wouldn't bother me so much. lol)  I'd say it's less than 15% of the animation, (999 frames), but each section averages 12-20 frames to be tweaked.  I have been trying to cheat by going into the keyframe editor and selecting the entire animation for say left shoulder twist and raising/lowering it to avoid the issues and keep the motion smooth.  It's been running overnight.  So I'll see how it turned out this morning.

I will look into the link you supplied tho.  If you have any other ideas on the collision part, PLEASE feel free to comment.  I'm sure I may not be using it to its fullest.  Should that function halt limb motion when it contacts another body part??

Thanks for your time!!!

Nebula

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 7:07 AM

Attached Link: Poser Python Scripting Forum

I'm not an expert in Python, nor in the use of the collision detector since I rarely make animations, so I'm probably the worst person to advise further. ;) I suggest you ask in the Python forum for a definitive answer - your post won't get buried as quickly there, and stands a better chance of being seen by someone who *is* an expert.

fuaho ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 10:19 PM

Two things:

1- there is a checkbox for "ignore hand collisions" in your clothroom simulation setup. simply check it and the Hand lifting the skirt issue will go away.

2- go into the animation palette, select the entire arm or forearm or whatever you feel will be the easiest to modify and then delete all the associated keyframes and just put in a few appropriate keyframes to get the movement you want.  Pay close attention to your Animation Layers. 

Also, before you give yourself too much additional work, remember that only what is seen by the camera matters. Once a figure is in motion, it will not matter as much if the farside hand has some collisions if they are not apparent in the animation. 

HTH,

<;))%%%><<  

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 10:55 PM

*"Wanting to have a script written or maybe have someone explain to me how to do it.  Would like to create a script that will detect and avoid collisions with body parts (arm thru chest and such) in an animation."

*If you wanted to reposition body parts instead of adjusting vertices or polygons, collisions might be made to run decently fast using bounding boxes.  Hmm....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.