Sat, Sep 21, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: To Be or Not To Be Downloaded

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:29 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:38 AM

This is a proposal to the Renderosity Administration to make available the system, since it is used for example in RuntimeRDN, where each member specifies whether their pictures can or cannot be downloaded.

Each member of Renderosity who decides their pictures not to be** **downoladed can state the decision here, so the members of Renderosity an the Administration can make a recount.

Many thanx to all of you**

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:36 PM

Yeah ...but its USE LESS .... i will say it again..
When i see the IMAGE in FULL on my Screen ..ITS ON MY HARDDISK ..
So only a Copy to a other folder does the Trick...
This is Useless .. for non knowhow's its a OK thing but those dude know how to get it.

ALL IMAGES you have seen on screen on the Internet are on your HD ..always .. until you clean em out...

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:50 PM

Iñaki, no llego a entender muy bien lo que quieres decir, me lo puedes hacer en español por fa'.... 😄

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:53 PM

Iñaki, no llego a entender muy bien lo que quieres decir, me lo puedes hacer en español por fa'....

Dat wilde ik net gaan zeggen maar je was me voor met deze alles zeggende zin hoe toevallig is dat he.....

C.

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:02 PM

For Valerie-Ducom and  for the spaniardens
¡Cómo no! Y tratándose de usted, ¡***Cómo no!x2

(In Ispanis)
Esta es una propuesta a la Administracion de RR para que habilite el sistema ya existente en otros lugares, como RuntimeRDN, de que cada miembro pueda decidir si sus cuadros pueden ser o no descargados.
Cada miembrode Renderosity que no  desee que sus pictures sean downloadeds(descargados), puede hacerlo constar aquí, a modo de recuento para todos los miembros así como para la Administracion de Renderosity

Thanx***

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:05 PM

Well that's all greek to me but what BAR is saying is when you view an image a copy gets dl'd to you HDD and if you really want to steal the image it's as simple as going to, C:Documents and Settings
and locating the picture and moving it to some other location.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

gradient ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:07 PM

I think this along with the many other ideas tossed around is a great idea.....

It seems like the naysayers are quick to jump in..."this won't work" or "this won't stop them" or "they can get around this"......BUT....if it just stops 10%....or even ONE thief, it is one less rip we have to worry about.
THAT is a  benefit to the members of this community!

To close ones eyes and take no action when a crime is committed, is a crime in itself.

Thanks for the suggestion Arbelain.

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:09 PM

There is NO way to protect images on the internet but LOGO'S and NAME in the image..
But i think everybody is starting there own stolen image threads now ...
Its trendy i think .. i have to start my own soon             "soon is copyrighted by DAZ" ...

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:23 PM

*-------------------
Yes, i agree with gradient, and maybe can be more than only a 10%, that seems they are all an experts. 
About technics questions like **bobbystahr *** and BAR-CODE, be sure that i am almost an ignorant despite of moreless undertanding the point.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:26 PM

Gracias cielo !!!

I see that a very good suggestion...

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:30 PM

I will explain if you like..
To see any image if its a arrow to the Next page or a little thing like your Avatar..
Anything i see is downloaded to my and your hard disk for displaying...
So when you go to a site all little images you see or animation gifs are downloaded to your harddisk.
So when you see a image here on renderosity gallery its not just on your monitor to see it,
its downloaded to your hardisk.. 
Thats always so ..
So when you Lock an image for saving .. the image itself is already on the hardisk..
Alsmost nobody knows that .. but the people doing the ripping know that for sure...

I hope this makes sence.. im not  english too ..
Im a dutchman doing his best to make you understand this :}

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

mansco ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:31 PM

This doesn't help Iñaki, it's as easy to stole a picture like making a capture of it, any of our propgrams like PSP, etc... has this option, even with the right click of your mouse you can save a picture to your computer.
I really think that the only way to protect them is with a watermark or uploading them in a smaller size but this second option even doesn't help alot because there are splendid programs to change the resolution of a captured image.  ;(

quim2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:33 PM

Yo creo que esto que propones es justo y al mismo tiempo tambien hace valer el esfuerzo que todos los que exponemos graficos, no tengamos que verlos por ahí como si carecieran de todo valor. Yo respeto nuestro trabajo y me encanta disfrutar de el, pero siempre hay fariseos por la red.

Quim Abella Ojeda

Barcelona - Spain

www.quim-abella.com

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:42 PM

Explicaré si usted tiene gusto.
Para ver cualquier imagen si su una flecha a la página siguiente o una pequeña cosa tiene gusto de su Avatar.
Cualquier cosa que veo se descarga a mi y su disco duro para exhibir…
Tan cuando usted va a un sitio todas las pequeñas imágenes que usted ve o los gifs de la animación se descargan a su harddisk.
Eso está siempre tan.
Tan cuando usted traba una imagen para el ahorro. la imagen sí mismo está ya en el hardisk.
Alsmost nadie lo sabe. pero la gente que hace la rasgadura 
sepa eso para seguro…
Espero que este tenga sentido. im no inglés también.
Im un remiendo que hace su mejor para hacer que usted entiende esto:}
 Chris
 hice una esperanza i de la traducción en línea que trabajó

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:51 PM

For BAR-CODE, bobbystahr and **mansco
**------------
Yes, i undertand it, as welll as mansco´s reply.

So, question:
***Theres any technic as they sure may have some special places, to become to bussy to download and print images?
***There are antivirus and antivirus. I had the experience with the AntiVIRA german and i didnt have inside the PC nothing since two years, when i buy it.
In some places i wanted to download an attractive sportwoman(for my particular Collection), and was not possible, even with the Corel Capture. But suppose this can be extracted if one is an efficient ripper.

Thanx **quim2001 ** and VALERIE-DUCOM.

Better write all in english if it is possible

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:54 PM

Thanx for the translation, Sir Chris!

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:56 PM

oups, it's a little complicat for me :lol:

quim2001: estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo, pero a la verdad que no sé si esto podria parar las mafias de imagenes, no sé, no tengo muchas experiencías informaticas para saber cual es la mejor solución...

Iñaki : veo tu idea muy buena pero es como la musica, siempre hay gente que va saber hacer trampas :(

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:00 PM

Thank you Chris for your traduction 😄

quim2001 : I agree completely with you, but to the truth that I do not know if this might stop the mafias of images, do not know, do not have a lot of computer experiences to know which is the best solution...

Iñaki : I see your very good idea but it is like the music, there are always the people who goes to be able to do pitfalls :(

daali ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:02 PM

I am  absolutely in agreement with Inaki, I underwrite its proposal 
I am indeed ignoring but I am sure that a system exists in order to avoid all this
Enough to find it and to want to apply it

Alida**

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:03 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:05 PM

file_371605.jpg

its SIMPEL .. ALL images you SEE NOW are on your HARDDISK to.. ALL the Tricks we do to STOP it makes the Site slower..  But the THIEVES have still ALL ACCES to the IMAGES... So all we do is slowing down the site ..you CANT STOP IT.. Put a LOGO in YOUR image OR put YOUR NAME IN the IMAGE thats ALL you CAN do....

EDIT cross post i see its ALL english now ..so nothing said..

Greets
Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:17 PM

For **BAR-CODE and bobbystahr

What about this that i mention:
*In some places i wanted to download an attractive sportwoman(for my particular Collection), and was not possible, even with the Corel Capture. But suppose this can be extracted if one is an efficient ripper.

***Many thanx Chris. I understand it again.
So, definetively, for you, or both, and mansco, is impossible.

En algunos lugares he descargado fotos de atletas femeninas para mi particular coleccion. A veces no era posible. Existia un mecanismo que lo impedia, y que incluso inutilizaba el Corel Capture.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:25 PM

sure there are way to disable the right click /save as option "lock the download" on the images
But even with those LOCKS on the image its Downloaded Automatical to YOUR HardDisk
So the Thieves HAVE to DO NOTHING to get the IMAGE on there HARDDISK
All you do with the lock is stopping the Normal person saving your image as a desktop or something like that..
Im doing Computers and windows Building repairing and solving problems for 15 years now....
I think i know what i say when i say ..when its ONLINE, its out of your hands..

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:40 PM

Thanx Sir Chris. I understand

So, maybe we are the most unprotected creators. Given free all what we do.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:41 PM

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! you stole my avatar !!!! :lol: well i don't if my face is good for you :lol:

Yes, I translate my spanish words, it's a little complicat for me and now, I just receive a message for make taht in french  and I'm french :

Français :

Arbelain dit : C'est une proposition à l'Administration Renderosity pour rendre disponible le système, comme il est utilisé par exemple dans RuntimeRDN, où chaque membre spécifie si leurs peintures peuvent ou non être téléchargées.

Chaque membre de Renderosity décide leurs peintures pour ne pas être exposer, donc les membres de Renderosity l'Administration peuvent faire un deuxième compte.

BAR-CODE : Vraiment ... mais ça use moins .... je le dirai de nouveau..
Quand je vois l'IMAGE en grand sur mon Écran.. C'EST SUR MON DISQUE DUR..
Si seulement une Copie à une autre chemise fait le Truc...
C'est inutile... pour ce qui ne connaissent pas c'est ok, mais ceux-là ne savent pas comment les recevoir.

TOUTES LES IMAGES que vous avez vues sur l'écran sur Internet sont sur votre HD .. toujours .. jusqu'à ce que vous les nettoyez à fond...

Bobbystahr : Bien c'est tout du grec pour moi, et que  BAR dit est quand vous voyez une image une copie est reçu dans le disk dur et si vous voulez vraiment voler l'image c'est aussi simple en allant à, C:Documents et outils et en trouvant la peinture et en le déplaçant à un autre endroit.

Mansco : Cela n'aide pas Iñaki, il est quand même facile de volé une peinture comme la réalisation d'une capture de cela, n'importe lequel de nos propgrams comme PSP, ext.. a cette option, même avec le claquement juste de votre souris vous pouvez sauver une peinture à votre ordinateur.
Je crois vraiment que la seule façon de les protéger est avec une marque d'eau ou le fait de les télécharger dans une plus petite grandeur mais cette deuxième option n'aide pas plus parce qu'il y a des programmes magnifiques pour changer la résolution d'une image capturée.

quim2001: Je crois que ce que tu proposes est bien et en même temps il fait valoir aussi l'effort que tous ceux que nous exposons, nous les avons pas à voir par là comme s'ils manquaient de toute valeur. Je respecte notre travail et j'adore ce plaisir, mais toujours il y a des pharisiens dans le réseau.

Arbelain : Il y a une technique comme ils peuvent avoir quelques endroits sur et spéciaux, facil pour télécharger et imprimer des images ?
Il y a l'antivirus et l'antivirus. J'avais l'expérience avec l'allemand AntiVIRA et rien rentre à l'intérieur de l'ordinateur  depuis deux ans, depuis que je l'ai acheter.
Dans quelques endroits j'ai voulu télécharger sportwoman attrayant (pour ma Collection particulière) et ce n'étais pas possible, même avec la Capture de Corel. Mais supposez que cela peut être enlever si on est un éventreur efficace.

daali : Je suis absolument d'accord avec Inaki, je garantis sa proposition J'ignore effectivement mais je suis sûr qu'un système existe pour éviter tout cela
Il serait bon de le trouver et pouvoir l'appliquer

BAR-CODE :

son SIMPLE.. TOUTES les images que vous VOYEZ MAINTENANT sont sur votre DISQUE DUR .
TOUS les Trucs que nous faisons pour l'ARRÊTER font le Site plus lentement..
Mais les VOLEURS ont toujours ACCES A TOUTES LES IMAGES...
Donc tout ce que nous faisons ralentit le site .. vous RETOURNEZ A L'ARRÊT..
Mettez un LOGO dans VOTRE image OU mettez VOTRE NOM DANS L'IMAGE c'est TOUT ce que vous POUVEZ faire....

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:48 PM

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! you stole my avatar !!!! well i don't if my face is good for you

Well if all over the world we whould see this face ..we will be much more happy..
In other words ..its a good looking face no ? ..
Chris Barnier ..and yes my great great great gand uncle was french

Jaillissez si partout dans le monde nous whould voyons ce visage.nous serons beaucoup plus heureux.
En d'autres termes.son un No. beau de visage ? ..
Chris Barnier.et oui mon grand grand grand oncle grand était français

But no, i cant speak or write it long live translators :}

Chris

My Free Stuff

Arbelain ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digimark.htm

VALERIE-DUCOM How efficient you are. I think that the FC Barcelona can contract you. Que eficiencia la suya. A ver si te va a fichar el BarÇa! -------------------- **Watermarks are not good for the quality of the picture as can be of interest this website:** (watermark, digimarcs, con su inclusión en la picture, deterioran la calidad de ests, como puede comprobarse en esta web, y muchos que lo utilizan bien lo saben)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digimark.htm

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:27 PM

*So to sum it all up.....If you can see it on your monitor it's in your computer already and unless you have flush temp upon closing browser or some such thing all you have to do is search  .jpg and today for when, and it will pop up on a list....watermarks, sadly are the ONLY EFFECTIVE way to stop image theft but they ruin the viewing experience for the non thief viewer....sigh

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:22 PM

Iñaki !!! I hate the football !!!! grrrr

idiot_sphinx ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:58 PM

The best solution to this problem is to upload in a smaller view , so people can not quite capture the essence of a design, or one can water mark their image to prevent theft of their creation. It seems they have a point about this, but I have gallery sites that prevent this themselves as far as locking out right click. It is a good point, but we must all protect our own work if we worry about image theft.

daali ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:09 PM

I you announcement 
that the greater part of the images
 has been removed from the Russian site, 
have seen nobody of the images that I had recognized yesterday

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:37 PM

*"as far as locking out right click"

But for the image to be viewed on your monitor at all it has to be dl'd to your HardDiscDrive to a temp directory. There is absolutely no way around this. 
You can even copy the image from that directory while you're still viewing, or at least have it, in your internet browser. 
If you're worried about someone stealing your art then, sad to say, you should only show it in 'Real World Galleries'.....a sad statement on the honesty or at least integrity, of a lot of the www community at large.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

SGT2005 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:07 PM

How about password protect the galleries ?

If your not a member and it asks for a password "no hava,  no getta"

Oh great there stealing footballs tooo.....grumbles..

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:17 PM

Problem with password protecting..Rendo is free to join, so its no problem to join up and start collecting images :(

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

gradient ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:33 PM

I have offered a possible solution in the copyright forum....

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:19 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:20 PM

the thing with the password protection is this.  some people join rendo and sites like it to steal images. they join here in one name and somewhere else to show the work in another. i'm a member of a torrent site but in the same name i use here cos i use it for legitimate reasons.  i can tell you now that everything rendo, daz and ef sells can be had there. it can be had at any torrent site. if the mult inational companies can't stop this theft what makes anyone think rendo can. all you can do is complain with a c and desist personally. no one has to take an image down untill the owner asks them to. mtv are in the process of sueing youtube for 1 billion. youtube say sorry but we follow the law, you tell us its your work and we'll take it down. i'm pretty sure mtv will lose cos youtube has an history of removing areticles en masse if it's asked to. untill a new law is made or the old ones changed your work will be stolen. even then it will still be stolen. copyright theft etc being wrong should be taught at grassroots level in the schools. bigger penalties should be handed out to joe public. anti copyright police should be used where possible with 10% of fines and awards going to funding them. if teenagers do it then fine the parents and the list goes on and on. don't expect rendo to do your work for you though thats a cop out. rendo have a copyright forum wit all the info anyone needs. if you ask a question about c/r you'll usually get a reasonable answer. rendo is not your business manager or your mom. it's not here to make sure your images don't get stolen. 

the right click thing...they tried it and people complained. this has been stated many many times. rendo has a search function. type in right click, type in water mark, type in stolen images and you'll get all the info you need.  suggestions are always good, i asked for a suggestions forum which i think is being looked into.  now i'm rambling. so i'll stop

billy

Arbelain ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:53 AM

Very clear Billy, and thanx

So i give the confidence in this question in the experience of the most olders in RR and experimented in Computing, like **billy423uk, jumpstartme2, mansco, bobbystahr and BAR-CODE.

idiot-sphinx** proposal can be good depends for who. Thats what mansco does in her Gallery, manscostyles.com: cannot be bigger the picture more than 450pixels the side most long.
My calamities looks still more calamities, and i think the majority of here are not interested.

Thanx to all an excusses by my not experience in computings and in the precedents of this theme.

Till soon, or the next

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:54 AM

I think good the suggestion from **SGT2005 **and to put only some picture in exemple can see the new members but not all....

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:53 AM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:53 AM

Go ahead.  Stop right click.  I'll disable scripting and right-click download it anyway.  Switch to a flash based gallery.  I'll use Print Screen.  I'm no thief, but you won't be stopping me from saving artwork I enjoy.  All you will succeed in doing is annoying me slightly.  I've had my turn w/ shameless thieves ripping off my art, and I dealt with it as best as I could.

If you put something on the web, you're putting it out there for someone to steal.  What's the best way to protect yourself?  Don't put it up in the first place.  What's the second best way?  A hard to remove watermark. 

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:36 AM

Copy protection works only in the imagination of people that don't know how a computer works.

La proteccion contra copia solo funciona en la imaginacion de gente que no tiene la menor idea  de como funciona un computador..

Stupidity also evolves!

RodolfoCiminelli ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 9:50 AM

Trataré lo mejor posible de explicar en los dos idiomas cual es mi sentimiento con respecto a este tema. 
 Estoy de acuerdo con Iñaki con respecto a poner un casillero en el que el autor del trabajo exprese su voluntad a que si desea que su obra sea bajada por otros  o no. 
El caso de RuntimeDNA es muy interesante ya que siempre elijo que no bajen mis trabajos, ciertamente todo lo que pueda implementarse para que nuestros trabajos no sean robados creo que es bienvenido. 
Rodolfo

I will treat the best thing possible to explain in the two languages which it is my feeling with regard to this topic. 
 I agree with Iñaki with regard to putting a pigeonhole in which the author of the work expresses his will to that if he wants that his work is lowered for other or nr. 
The case of RuntimeDNA is very interesting since I always choose that they don't lower my works, certainly all that can be implemented so that our works are not stolen I believe that it is welcome. 
Rodolfo

eyeland ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:20 PM

Except by mutilating an image through watermarks, there is no way to prevent digital images posted on the internet from being copied & misused. If the potential theft of your artwork is more important to you than getting your artwork out there to be seen & appreciated, then don't post it. I would rather see artists spend more of their time creating art than wasting it going around in circles trying to figure out a solution to an unsolvable problem...

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:50 PM

it's not insoluable, eye. it's just very difficult to implement, hence probably not worth the cost in coding time and extra server load.

Arbelain ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:21 PM

Thats why, maybe, following Miss Nancy reply, in some important places they must have a system that may work in this question with efficiency, as they do in companies, guvernement archives, etc.

To arque in themes where others knows far longer more  is a risk. One can say stupid things very easely, etc,.So, maybe, is another stupid question the following:

-Disable the right click with a system that also dont allows to Capture. As happen to me in the place i mention when i wanted to download that sport and pretty lady. Nothing to do, either to print it, and a little window appear with a note: "Your right bottom doenst work in this place. Thanks"
-***Clean the Internet Temporary Archives every time and and always just after uploading or seing the pictures of oneself.
***-Dont have the matherial and pictures in the same computer that one use for internet.

*** (Take in acount that the three last issues have to be applied).*** 

Better dont answers-reply if one doenst feel Ok to do it. I am not searching problems, debates or main character.

eyeland ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:41 PM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:42 PM

Miss Nancy - This has absolutely nothing to do with coding time or server loads, nor does it have to do with disabling right clicks, clearing caches, etc. Have you ever heard of screen capture uitlities? They are very common, freely available & perfectly legal & allow you to capture ANY image that is displayed on your monitor, regardless of how it got there. We could debate about this forever, so I offer the following challenge: If you think there is a technology in place that can protect images as you say, send me the url of any image on any site that you think is somehow protected from being copied & I will make a copy of it. If I can't, I will gladly admit that I'm wrong...

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:54 PM

Nothing will prevent someone from grabbing a picture if they want it. NOTHING. the easiest way around it? It's called print screen and it's been on keyboards for years.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Arbelain ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-482.html

About Print Screen, maybe can be of interest this place. They explain many systems to disable not only the print screen:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-482.html

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:12 PM

eye, try doing a screencap whilst playing a DVD. you'll see what I mean. most users won't know how to do it without some extra effort, and that effort alone is enuff to deter some amount of theft. the technical problems involved in implementing that in their gallery here are probly beyond the limits of this php software, however.

gradient ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:16 PM

I think EVERYONE will agree that there is NO 100% way to stop this.....You have been heard countless times....we agree!
But what I don't understand is why everybody is objecting to implementation of even the most BASIC measures.

If a simple disable right click stops one ripper....that is one less ripper that people have to worry about.

Out of all these threads/posts....there have only been very few members that have offered ANY positive suggestions.  It's easy to sit back and criticize and be negative.

BTW, we will never stop speeders and murderers either....but things like radar, photo radar and police do make a difference in minimizing the infractions.  Why don't we just throw up our hands and get rid of  the laws and the police?.....we'll never stop crime 100%....

I will now do as hawkfyr would say...."now pulls up comfy chair......"

Arbelain ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:28 PM

Sounds well your words,  gradient.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:29 PM

Disabling right click causes some other issues as well that need to be thought about, all the other options that you can use with right click would be disabled as well making things more difficult for legit members to use these functions.

And with all the other ways to grab images, I'm not sure that disabling right click would stop even one ripper.  

As we stated before, we did disable it and it was not well received by many many legit members and it didn't stop the image ripping so I don't know...

My 2 cents, personally.. not speaking as an admin just my view on disabling right click.

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:30 PM

I wish i could play a DVD, I could use screencaps for my reviews. but my computer won't do it due to whatever the guy that built it did wrong. And yes, I'm allowed to use screencaps in a review lol. NOT copyright infringement.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.