Tue, Oct 1, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Apollo- wha 'appen?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:23 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:41 PM

file_372056.jpg

Downloaded the free Apollo, installed, and I get this. Little long in the right sleeve..;) I'm sure it's something I did, but can't seem to scale him down right.

Only other thing is that I get Poser 4 thumbs for some medieval clothes, but they don't load. Suspect there's a misnamed directory on my part.

anyone have an Idee how I fix this?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pitklad ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:29 PM

looks like something wrong with the joint parameters
Figure-Symmetry-Left to Right and Yes will solve this since the left side looks ok ! 😉
Also the mat poses included for clothes are for the 4th part that includes apollos clothes that are not available yet 😉

My FreeStuff

jefsview ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:41 PM

Looks like you might have mis-dialed an ADS body scale part. 

The clothing should be uploaded by tomorrow night (Sunday).

-- Jeff

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:03 PM

Looks like Poser 7 to me! I had the same thing happen to James when I tried clothifying a second dynamic article for him after running a succesful dynamic sim on his pants. Tried running a new sim on his shirt and his head shot up into the air on a long neck. That's why I'm sticking to Poser 6 for now!

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:10 PM

nah..P5. All dials set to 0 (all the ones I saw). I did download some Python scripts, just don't know how they're run from Poser.

Thanks for the clothes notes. I spent 5 minutes just hiding the Johnson outboard (all 6 parts of it) before I found the utility that did it automatically..;)  Finally just faked the body texture. Welp, I await all the clothing. Looks like this is one handy character. I'll go back and check.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:35 PM

After further experimentation, it looks like something funny is going on with the right hand. Attempting to move it in any way causes it to 'pretzel' in unpredictable directions.

When initially loaded, both hands are crammed into his torso, the right one clear through the other side.

Figure|Symmetry works! Never had to use it before, but it's nothing too out there to worry about. Now if I can figure how to 'hide the salami', I'll be fine..;) thanks everyone for the help.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:10 PM

I think this is actually a poser 7 issue...I head about this elsewhere...Something about this happening when poser 7 has been up and running for a while?

Brandy

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:27 PM

What poses are you using, Pakled ?  Apollo ones ?

Eternal Hobbyist

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 12:52 AM

The joints are fine. Poser sometimes can mess things up when you copy from left to right. It is a known issue within psoer with hand poses etc. ALways work right to left.

The clothes aren;t out yet, which is listed on his downloaded pages.

The hand moving is likely do to either a poser glitch or a pose that has been applied to the hand assuming Apollo has arm IK, which he doesn't.

If the pose you used , assuming it was for another figure, had hand IK in it then it has tran dials that might have relocated Apollo's hand into a new region.

What you are seing on the screen is a tran dial that was activated by a pose. We used to see this in the past with some clothing/figures and people whop saved poses with IK on. Never save poses with IK on.

CHeers and regards,
Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:04 AM

file_372062.jpg

Then again, Poser sometimes just goes all wonkey for no reason. This is a screencap where I tried to tweak a pose and two fo the figures (parented together) kind of exploded.  It wasn't a visual artifact, either, I tried exporting as an OBJ, and it was the same mess. Wan't the fault of the figures, or the poses, that I could see specifically - just Poser oddness.

DokEnkephalin ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:09 AM

I've seen this happen with all figures and all parts. A brief workaround is to find the stuck part and change one of it's transform settings, and it will snap back into place, and any children that got warped.

But this isn't a fix, so the next time you move the figure you'll get the same effect. Best to just save the figure to the library, delete it from the scene, close up and reopen, reloading the char from the library.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:18 AM

Looks like a Transporter malfunction to me. Heh... :)

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 7:32 AM

Definitely a Poser issue, leather-guy.  It got fixed, I believe.

Eternal Hobbyist

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 8:22 AM

Ok, so how do you get rid of the genitalia on Apollo? When I make it not visible, it leavs a big gaping hole there. When I use the pose to get rid of it, it leaves a big hole there.

Any help is most appreciated.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 10:09 AM

Anton, I just wanted to take a moment and express my deep gratitude for your generosity.  I am looking forward to using Apollo extensively.  Now, it is time to release the hounds and take up the task of seeking out every Apollo freebie I can find. 

Oh, and when I try to use the werewolf morph, the muzzle doesn't form, but I'm thinking its because I don't understand the character fully.  I'll get back on that one.

Again, thanks!

Willber ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 10:49 AM

@Leather-Guy.... you finaly found the "Make Art" button. The Salvador Dali button.
I kind'a like that image....it would be impossible to pose.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 8:11 PM

hey, I'm happy; I got him organized, put the one-eyed wonder out of sight, and have a boatload of  poses and stuff to use. Just waiting for the clothes to get out of the dryer..;) thanks again...

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 1:54 AM

Quote - hey, I'm happy; I got him organized, put the one-eyed wonder out of sight, and have a boatload of  poses and stuff to use. Just waiting for the clothes to get out of the dryer..;) thanks again...

That should be Wednesday :)

-- Jeff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.