Sun, Oct 6, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Jumpy's First Freebie

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 3:15 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:35 AM

Here's an example of how you can advertise your freestuff at Renderosity with thumbs. Just remember that your freestuff must be here at Renderosity and go thru the testing protocol first. 😉

Mysticals Vol 1
by jumpstartme2

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 4:06 PM

Just remember that your freestuff must be here at Renderosity 

Okay now you lost me ... there are NO freebee's @ this site ... all the freebee's are on other places/Site's   BUT R'O ..
So how can you ever put this Rules to work ??

I dont see the harm in : hey guys there is a Cool freebee at DAZ now ..orso ...

At DAZ freebee forum loads of link to R'O are placed without any rules or trouble.. 

So ??.... are we losing this on the first day on rules  : {

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 4:17 PM

This forum was created for our Renderosity Freestuff providers and potential providers to advertise their items. Altho we don't actually host the files here, we have set this up to bring recognition to our own freestuff providers here at Renderosity.

You can still tell people where a cool freebie item is that might be over at Daz etc..just cant advertise it here in this forum.

~Jani

SGT2005 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 4:39 PM

Jani  wonder if we could  host free stuff here .....might be pushing it but hey we could ask :P

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 4:59 PM

Lot of bandwidth Im thinking..we can ask, but no promises made

~Jani

thewishmaster ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 6:19 PM

Lol You don't need to host the files here... This is a abslutly free fil host for that all can use and there is no problem with bandwidth :) http://posershare.com just thought I would tell you ;)

Rendergirls

SGT2005 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 6:30 PM

thanks wishmaster :thumbupboth:

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 6:52 PM

Oooo I got to go copy that thread I have in the other forum for free hosts..and thanks Brian for that link ;)

~Jani

BeyondVR ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 12:49 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you get a link to your free stuff?  I have a lot of stuff here, but I can't even search for it.  I type in BeyondVR, and it says no results.  How do you get a link to all your stuff?

Thanks!

John

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:13 AM · edited Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:14 AM

Hey John :)

Click on 'Freestuff' at the top there..then click on 'search' once you are on the freestuff page, then type in your username in the second search bar where it says 'search specific user' 😉

Here is the link to all your freebies :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=476

~Jani

judee3d ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 3:00 AM

Quote - Pardon my ignorance, but how do you get a link to your free stuff?  I have a lot of stuff here, but I can't even search for it.  I type in BeyondVR, and it says no results.  How do you get a link to all your stuff?

Thanks!

John

Another way is to simply go to your homepage - there will be a link on there near the top, just under your bio, and it will take you to all of your free offerings here on Rosity.

BeyondVR ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 12:55 PM

Thanks, Guys!  I forgot about the homepage.  Is it safe to put things there again?  I had an image and stuff, but it got wiped out when they redid that part.

As long as you're in a helpful mood, there was something I just saw in another post here.  It had a link to the freebies page, then two links to renders.  Since there's only one box for a link, how do you do that?

The other thing is a signature, but I think it's some kind of cult secret.  I went to set up a signature last year, but couldn't see how to do it.  I just want a banner and a blurb.  I don't want to publish the whole Sunday supplement, like some vendors, just a banner.  As I remember, it was like this box, so you could add an image, and a link, but no way to "marry" them.  It's less a priority now, because I can't find the place anymore.  It must be a link on the right side, but I can't find it :(

fog bound,
John

SGT2005 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 3:09 PM

Up at the top of this page . See Forum options...Click on that and you can adjust your signature.

also there is a link name (Name of  picture) and URl link at the bottom of the box.  Works the same way it does here or in the gallery

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 3:11 PM

file_375382.jpg

For the links to renders, the way I do them, is I go to whichever image I want, highlight the url in the address bar, come back here to the editor, paste that url in the text box here, {or any word like "LINK", highlight it,   then click that icon on the editor of the world with a chain..when that opens, rightclick and paste in the url box, click ok, and your link is then on the page :)

{See attached}

For The sigs, you will go to 'Forum Options" then there is the editor you will see..if you want to place text in there for your sig, just type in that box {not the lower CSS box} and click save..for an image, there is the 'source button' on the upper left corner of the editor.. you will click that and will type in the url of the image....then click save.

~Jani

SGT2005 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 3:49 PM

Woohoo I did it ....thanks Jani .  Now the banner links right back to here in OUR  (snickers) Forum.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 4:19 PM

Way ta go SGT! :thumbupboth:

~Jani

BeyondVR ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 10:43 PM

Thanks a lot!  I'll try this tomorrow.  It's been a long day :(

John

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:01 AM

So, if i spot a cool freebie on another site i can't post a link to it here? 

If not then what's the point of the forum because i browse the freebies here every day, which is much easier than coming here only to be pointed to the freebies section.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:18 AM

No, This forum was set up so our members could announce their freebies offered here, get feedback, make requests, etc.

The freestuff area is pretty active, so its easy to miss some really nice items being offered...this way we have a central place to see what has been posted recently instead of having to scroll thru the freestuff area...

Also potential providers can come here and get feedback on what items members would like to have..see whats in demand etc...

~Jani

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:40 AM

Hmmm okay then.

Hang on, here's an idea... How about a forum where say, if we spot a freebie on another site, he can post a link to it? Now THAT would be useful.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 3:58 PM

Well, thats already happening in the other forums. I actually think this is a wonderful opportunity to give back to our own freebie providers here that dont get way enough recognition.

~Jani

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 10:01 PM

Quote - Just remember that your freestuff must be here at Renderosity and go thru the testing protocol first. 😉

But... but... you don't even test the marketplace stuff! Dude, not trying to pick a fight here or anything, but ...WTF? Someone want to kick the PTB and ask them how they came to that decision? /P

SGT2005 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:08 AM

um ..nobody said marketplace stuff.  2). Some of us do help out in the testing department for free stuff.

Here are examples of what are excepted:

Product that has already been approved in here you can say hey check out my cool freestuff
in your comments, you can say I have quote this new product available check it out. Describe what the new product is (even post a thumbnail) of the new product.  Or like ones already posted you may offer suggestion on what you would like to have or see. How often have you been in Poser or a program of your choice and can't seem to find that prop your looking for, make that type of suggestion here.

Like Jumpstartme2 suggested we dont want just links to free products listed elsewhere.
we want members that want to give back to the community have a voice in here and suggest what they have to offered as free items.

You can post freestuff from other sites in several other forums or drop hints of some nice items
but this forum is for products exclusively from members of renderosity too members of renderosity or like stated prior give suggestion on what you would like to see made available.

Like posted in another thread in this forum. I'm offering the original artist a chance for me to transfer there product to make it available to Vue members as well. Kind of like partnering up with them and make the same product avialable to a wide range of members. If approved
then I will post here with a thumbnail and quote it as now avqailable for Vue giving the other artist credit for the original design of the product. I dont nessassarly have to link the item to my
freebie because I know if you look in free stuff under vue you will find my products.

Hope this makes some kind of sense. Basically this forum gives bragging rights to members here who contribute back to our members.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:18 AM

Wth said the MP stuff wasn't tested??!

~Jani

SGT2005 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:28 AM

SGT  points  (up yonder)   lol :p

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 5:53 AM

Just to chime in here really quick

Yup, Renderosity marketplace items are tested. ( I used to be a MP tester)

As far as the Freestuff items go, being the Bryce Mod, I am usually the one who will grab the Bryce freestuff items and "test" them, which (for me) normally just pertains to;

-Seeing if the download actually works.
-Seeing if the content actually opens up in Bryce.
-And, I'll give the zip and its contents a quick ant-virus scan.

That might take 1-2 minutes. VERY simple compared to what the MP testers have to go through, but the Freestuff "test" is damage control. If we didn't quickly check out the item, we could have a bunch of members trying to get an item whos download didn't work, or was full of viruses, etc.

2 cents.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:11 AM

We also check for trademarked/copyrighted items.

~Jani

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:18 AM

Woops, yeah, that too.
(just kinda important...)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:24 AM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:25 AM

Quote - We also check for trademarked/copyrighted items.

Since when?  I can't remember who said it, but I definitely recall someone saying that the only concern about copyright with freebies is the name given to the item during upload.  So long as the  name doesn't violate copyright/trademark apparently the file content doesn't matter.

For example let's take "Darth Vader"...if an uploaded item is called "Darth_Vader" and has an image of Darth_Vader in the thumbnail, that would be some kind of violation. However, if they uploaded the file and called it "Black_Invader" or something, that would be fine, even though the contents of the file are morphs to recreate Darth Vader, and the files inside carry names like "Star Wars_Vader" or something.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:31 AM

Quote - Since when?  I can't remember who said it, but I definitely recall someone saying that the only concern about copyright with freebies is the name given to the item during upload.  So long as the  name doesn't violate copyright/trademark apparently the file content doesn't matter.

Since for ever Acadia.

~Jani

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 8:20 AM

Quote - > Quote - Since when?  I can't remember who said it, but I definitely recall someone saying that the only concern about copyright with freebies is the name given to the item during upload.  So long as the  name doesn't violate copyright/trademark apparently the file content doesn't matter.

Since for ever Acadia.

you could have fooled the rest of us. seriously. these 'tests for copyright / trademarks' have been a joke.
when some that have gone through, items that could ahve been found in seconds with a google search, we've been told you (the team), don't have time to look. I can find examples if you so wish.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 8:57 AM

Ooookay.... let's explain this a bit: I recall that as late as 2005, the PTB said expressly that MP items were only tested for the ability to unzip into the right files, and nothing more. (There was a wee thread I had posted called "Name 'Em and Shame 'Em" in early 2005 concerning some lousy quality items that I had found. That thread was 'disappeared' from Renderosity --e.g., it was stuffed into a locked forum and left to die-- but a similar one can be found at PoserPros to this day, and the relevant quotes were carried over there, as well as elsewhere). So - since when did the MP start testing for more than just unzip functionality, and what exactly is being tested for? PS: Acadia is right... see also all relevant arguments a long while back concerning JHoagland, Dodger, and their Star Wars freebie Stuff a long time back. (Please remember that some of us cannot be so easily fooled or lied to, campers... I just want the truth is all. No shame in telling it... I'm genuinely curious here). /P (thinking that this thread will be locked, erased, or moved in 5... 4... 3... 2...)

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:17 AM

This forum is not going to turn into another place for bashing.  

Marketplace items are TESTED  (this IS NOT the marketplace forum so if you have questions regarding marketplace items, please post in the appropriate forum...See the top of the page this forum is called Renderosity FREESTUFF forum, not marketplace)

Freestuff items are tested in the way that Jani and AS responded with.

If you don't agree with the freestuff so kindly provider by our members or this forum then fine, your choice but we will not allow this forum to be plagued with continual disruptive posts. That is NOT productive nor is it necessary.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:23 AM

erm Stacey? I wasn't bashing. I was pointing out that your collegue is wrong and telling ppl that wrong information. atm ppl are wondering what is going on.

on the one hand a User has been told that he cannot post ANY freebies in the poser forum and they must go through the freestuff area. this was clarifed by Jumpstarme2 in the thread there.

yet in here, when asked Jumpstartme2 is telling ppl thats it's ok to post freebie links in other forums.

so. what is it?

no, this is not 'bashing' or 'being disruptive' this is wondering what the hell is going on.

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:36 AM

*This forum is not going to turn into another place for bashing.  

Marketplace items are TESTED  (this IS NOT the marketplace forum so if you have questions regarding marketplace items, please post in the appropriate forum...See the top of the page this forum is called Renderosity FREESTUFF forum, not marketplace)

Freestuff items are tested in the way that Jani and AS responded with.

If you don't agree with the freestuff so kindly provider by our members or this forum then fine, your choice but we will not allow this forum to be plagued with continual disruptive posts. That is NOT productive nor is it necessary.*
So sit down or you'll ALL get detention!

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:37 AM

Did I single out your Khai? No.... I was making a general statement:)

I posted in the Poser forum thread. So please  hang tight while we discuss this further.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:47 AM

read your mail Stacey...

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:50 AM

Do I have to? heehee

okay off to read mail

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 2:55 PM

Quote - erm Stacey? I wasn't bashing. .

I think she was referring to me... though in all honesty I wasn't "bashing" either. Just stating what I know to be facts - and as late as 2005, we were all told in no uncertain terms that there was no such thing as testing in the MP - at least beyond basic unpackaging. If that's changed, cool.

Sorry - tact isn't something I even hope to want to be good at. OTOH, it makes people uncomfortable at times, no?

As for MP item testing? I'll pop over the to MP forum and ask when they actually began doing that, I suspect. :/

Still, the freebie policy of late is monumentally not-intuitive, to be charitable about it.
/P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 3:25 PM

PS: posted relevant MP query here, for all interested parties:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2694929

There... now no one can complain about relevance.

/P

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 3:47 PM

Peng, please keep the posts in the freestuff forum on topic about freestuff.

~Jani

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:50 AM

Err, that's what I just did :/ /P

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:38 PM

Umm no...you posted a link to the MP support forum asking about the testing of MP items ;)

~Jani

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.