Thu, Sep 19, 9:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: How do you model a T-Shirt for A3 1 mm from her skin ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:43 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:36 PM

I am a experienced modeler in C4D my Skull avatar is my creation.

I am not experienced at modeling cloths off of another mesh in Poser

If A3 was mine I would just split off the A3 polygons to make the T-Shirt with.

But it is not so I can not.

So I took one of my females meshes and cut out a t-shirt from her polygons for a A3 T-Shirt.

The problem is getting the mesh 1mm from all of A3's polygons is a real pain.

The vertices are to high or there to low etc etc.

It is rather aggravating to try and get one meshes vertices 1 mm from another meshes vertices especially doing 1 Vertices at a time.

Tell me there is a better way, and what that better way might be ?

Thanks

RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

tekmonk ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 5:21 AM

Doesn't C4D have some sort of shrink wrap tool ? That takes one mesh and 'wraps' it around another ? Most modllers have this, i use it all the time in XSI and it works nicely for clothes.

Zarat ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 6:07 AM

Quote - It is rather aggravating to try and get one meshes vertices 1 mm from another meshes vertices especially doing 1 Vertices at a time.

:lol: That one was good...

You can do it 2 ways: Like tekmonk said with an shrink-wrap tool or by copying and moving.
I don't know C4D... shrink-wrap can be called differently. It is a tool to make one plane or mesh fit to the shape of another mesh. Similar to the way dynamic clothes fiting to the bodyshape in Poser or Maya.

If you copy the needed parts of the mesh without changing their location and move them away you get a similar result. That might work nice for a shirt but can be much work for gloves for example.
You should have an option to move an object by entering numbers for its new location otherwise it'll be hard to get exactly 1mm.

saus69 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 10:08 AM

a little OT, but is there a shrinking tool for Shade?

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:30 AM

Here is another option if you're interested - 2nd Skin by Dimension3D. When completed, the "2nd skin"  is a conforming figure that will accept all the morphs from the original figure.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=36265

~ Meow ~

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:39 AM

You might find some interesting info in the 3D modelling forum, this thread in particular: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2668504&page=6

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:06 PM

if you just want a skin tight layer on aiko, why use a mesh at all?  why not use displacement, bump, and layered materials?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 4:26 PM

file_375775.jpg

Shde has a shrinking tool. It" called ' LINE FIT " Select the open/closed lines you want to wrap and then click on Modify > Line Fit. works well.

Here are some examples of Line Fit used. In the modeling of these clothes. That is just part of the process I use but It is how I start most of my clothes.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:17 PM

Dunno if C4D has it, but Loft in any NURBS modeller can be one's best friend. It takes a little tweaking of the 'X' and 'Z' scale of each resulting curve (and ditching the extra curves that usually pop up), but it works very well IMHO. /P

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:33 PM

You should be able to extrude a mesh a short distance above the model, provided that it is in a separate layer. You can make a row of quads, edge select and extrude your way around the object. If you need to adjust the mesh, just pull the points.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 12:00 AM

I box model, moving vertice by vertice in the lowest poly form, then subdivide to get a better quality mesh and tinker, tinker, tinker :)  I don't use shrink wrapping or anything like that (although I believe Silo has this sort of option).

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 8:01 AM

Quote - a little OT, but is there a shrinking tool for Shade?

you can shrink wrap a line to a mesh with the Tools>Modify>LineFit...

you select the line or lines you wish to shrink (or grow) and the polygon mesh or meshes you want it to wrap and then select this command. A dialog will pop up for you to enter distance and direction.

To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to shrink wrap a mesh to a mesh.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.