Fri, Oct 4, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Sorry ... can't post FREE stuff here anymore

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 11:23 PM

So, when I model something I have to put it up for every dick and harry to download, only because they have to download it, not because they need it, in the freestuff forum. I can't just offer it to the forum that would have a use for it? ie, dynamic clothes or poser shaders, you know, something only poser users can use.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 11:30 PM

I daresay it's understood that most freestuff items must be for poser, the most popular app here. but let them work out the details in their meetings and discussions. no need for undue haste in forcing a decision that might be unfortunate.

Zarat ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:41 AM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:43 AM

Quote - I will say that I can't see posting the freebie links in the other forums now that we have a freestuff forum. My push will be to allow any linking to freestuff items in the Renderosity Freestuff forum. Just as the Product showcase is for all commercial posts, I see the Freestuff forum being for all freestuff links.

Quote - As I stated originally, there was some miscommunication and we (admin) haven't made a final ruling on freestuff links posted that are not in our Freestuff area so please hold tight and don't get too worked up yet, lol:)

I have to say that what you, StaceyG, have written so far, sounds pretty acceptable. The wording is good too.

Yours quest for new rules is remarkable, no doubts about that.

To avoid misunderstanding it might be helpful to say clearly what is OK.

What is written leads me to the conclusion that someone has to post said links first in "freestuff forum" and than link to them from whatever else post here.

For example if someone is asking for a certain free battleship-model and someone else knows about such a model, then this someone has 1) to post the link to to the model in "freestuff forum" and after this 2) post the link to the "freestuff forum" - where the link to the external site with the said model can be found - in the post of the person asking for a free battleship model.

Umm yeah...
I can see that it helps to concentrate all freebies.
I can also see that this appears a bit clumsy if I stumble across such an request, know an external source and want to share the information about this source.

That's better than to disallow but it lacks some aesthetics.

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:06 AM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:18 AM

Simply, I think the method that has worked here for several years now is best left alone.

Personally I am fine with either decision. It doesn't matter to me; except that for almost a decade, posting freebies freely and without unnecessary hoops, has provided new and saged makers a venue for relaxation, inspiration, education and enjoyment. It isn't appropriate to impose policy that is invasive without valid purpose.

If this is "for the artist", it is inappropriate and condescending to presume to tell them what you have envisioned is best for them. If this is actually for "the company", to encourage marketplace traffic, it isn't going to work and will just turn the forum into a dust bowl like the other dormant forums. The need for a central spot is a fictional one.

While I am sure much of what has been said sounds plausible, it just keeps ringing insincere. While I appreciate your role is a diplomatic one, and while I realize this is a private store site with private staff and moderators, I hope truly sincere consideration is taken in respects to the bigger picture. For once the damage is done, it may be unrepairable for this site. Employees can always just move on to other jobs while community members are left with the impact.

Providing the option of a freebie forum is quite different that forcing the use of a freebie forum.

It would be a shame to discourage the authors/creators of freebies, while simple loopholes exist like just having someone else post it or starting a "what hairstyle is this" threads and other loopholes that make these governing policies pointless from the day they are instated.

They just don't work. You have rules and trolling and those don't get enforced either so why both making new policies. Regardless, your site.  Your rules. Will be interesting to see the final decision and how it differs from the original policy.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:01 AM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:18 PM

Stacey,

Before I forget. I posted in the new forum to add Apollo but.......

The Original Aiko section has only 6 items in it. Every Daz figure has a section of their own. Miki was given her own section as well with fewer freebies than Apollo has now. I think Apollo has enough to be on par to get a section.

Could you add an Apollo header to the Freestuff drop down menu please. All figures are 3rd party if they aren't made by efrontier. Most don't post their Apollo freebies at Rendo because they complain of poor visibility. A header would be great and help change that. And I am sure it would be good for site traffic. I do have Rendo linked to from my site btw. I would appreciate it.

And Apollo has enough equal to what you have given other figures headers for. I think he qualifies. Not sure what your policy on that is.

Aiko 1
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=279

Hiro
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=285&

Miki
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=315&

Apollo

Thanks!!!

Cheers.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:30 AM

WHY exactly is this being messed about with ? I like it all mixed in as it is. I am not against change per se but I am fed up with hearing how changes are being done with the memberships best interests at heart. Personally I only ever check out 2 forums here with any regularity and I won't make time to specially look at a freebie forum . Its frequently said this sites decisions are led by it's money-making aims. Well I don't post that much in the galleries anymore but I certainly still spend a fair amount of money in the marketplace however over the last year it's becoming less and less my first site of choice to exercise my credit cards in !! More time I don't have....but money I do have . Silly changes don't just drive off people who take advantage of a free place to post pics but also those of us who help the site make money. My loss to a point but it will be R'osities loss ultimately when it becomes just too irritating a place to spend money in.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Zarat ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 9:01 AM

Quote - More time I don't have....but money I do have . Silly changes don't just drive off people who take advantage of a free place to post pics but also those of us who help the site make money.

My loss to a point but it will be R'osities loss ultimately when it becomes just too irritating a place to spend money in.

True. I don't wanna know how much money I've spent already at the marketplace...

Actually I prefer buying here over buying at DAZ for the way things are set up here.
But with some more of these invaluable "improvements" to our best, the few reasons to spend money here will be gone.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 10:01 AM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:19 PM

Quote - Stacey,

Before I forget. I posted in the new forum to add Apollo but.......

The Original Aiko section has only 6 items in it. Every Daz figure has a section of their own. Miki was given her own section as well with fewer freebies than Apollo has now. I think Apollo has enough to be on par to get a section.

Could you add an Apollo header to the Freestuff drop down menu please. All figures are 3rd party if they aren't made by efrontier. Most don't post their Apollo freebies at Rendo because they complain of poor visibility. A header would be great and help change that. And I am sure it would be good for site traffic. I do have Rendo linked to from my site btw. I would appreciate it.

And Apollo has enough equal to what you have given other figures headers for. I think he qualifies. Not sure what your policy on that is.

Aiko 1
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=279

Hiro
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=285&

Miki
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=315&

Apollo

Thanks!!!

Cheers.

Hey Anton,

Can you sitemail Karen1573 with this information so we can get this taken care of for you:)

Hope you are doing well!

Stac

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 10:26 AM

Quote - Simply, I think the method that has worked here for several years now is best left alone.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:32 AM

The freestuff forum is a good place to consolidate all the freestuff advertising posts and a place to give feedback to the freestuff provider and also to tell freestuff providers things you may be interested in.  
Of course as with everything in life, everyone is not going to agree.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:34 AM

file_375731.jpg

If it ain't broke.......

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 11:39 AM

We listened to the members from the Community Survey suggestions and from the Suggestion forum threads. 

And I have listened to the Poser members in this thread for a compromise :)

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:02 PM

I agree with Anton.  Add the freebie forum but don't strangle the poser/bryce/etc forums with more rules and regulations.  Leave them as is.  The poser forum is as much about content used within poser as it is the program itself some of which is links to free items as well as marketplace items.  

The more you tighten the fist the more things slip though the grip. 

...... Kendra

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:18 PM

Please please please

The freebies forum is a good idea if it works like announces of freebies BUT WITHOUT CHANGES IN FREE STUFF. I receive hundreds of ebots from Rosity and sometimes is difficult to know which contains freebie info and which not (some nice people use [FREEBIE ALERT] to help we receivers). It would be sweet  forum where each ebot is a freebie announce

But please Rendo admins, don't change freebies rules!!!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:29 PM

stacey, Your compromise should be simple. Have your Freebie forum for members searching exclusively for free items. It would make a mods life easier, if they check the link to find out where it goes. That is something I thought they did, might be wrong about that. But, this is what I think has a lot of people Hot Under the Collar Copied from the forum...Quote Welcome to the Renderosity Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all Renderosity freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on the various freestuff items offered at Renderosity. unquote The way I read it the only time it would apply if I offered a free item through the Freestuff area. IMo someone is making a lot of work for themselves that they don't really have to. Here is the comprimise: leave the linking alone when is shows up during the discussion of a thread since it wasn't requested per say. All of the linking back and forth between forums is not too productive considering the site's reputation for slowness. A lot of memebers do surf from work and don't have the luxery of waiting for a page to display. Nuff said on the mattere.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:38 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:39 PM

I feel silly considering how many years I have posted here. Did IM change? I can't find how or where to IM Karen? I lclick on her name and get either her homepage or her gallery but don't se an IM or mail option anywhere.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:42 PM

That is EXACTLY what I am proposing:)  

So the end result is, that the Freestuff forum will be for freestuff providers to announce any freestuff items that would like whether its Freestuff from Renderosity's freestuff area or if its a link to a freestuff item that hasn't been uploaded to our Freestuff area. Its a place to give feedback to the freestuff provider(s) and place "wishes" for future freestuff items you would like to see.

The software topic forums...ie, Poser, Bryce, etc can still have members helping members showing them links during a discussion or what have you. Or if you fun across something cool and you would like to share this cool thing you found with others in a specific forum.

So to give some examples,

This type of post would need to go into the Freestuff forum
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2694985  (good job Anton)  or

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2694543

**And this type of post would still be okay here in the Poser forum or whatever forum it relates to
**http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2669000  or

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2669009

Let me know if further clarification is needed or if we are on the same page :)

I feel this is a good compromise that will not change things too much and keep things consistent throughout the site in regards to how the Product Showcase works along with the Freestuff Forum. 

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:44 PM

Quote - I feel silly considering how many years I have posted here. Did IM change? I can't find how or where to IM Karen? I lclick on her name and get either her homepage or her gallery but don't se an IM or mail option anywhere.

We were trying to confuse you Anton, lol:) j/k

You can click the Site Mail link at the top of the pages in the header between the "who's online" and the "Marketplace link" or you can sitemail from her homepage (its toward the bottom on the homepage)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 12:59 PM

I am not sure it went through. I didn't get any message saying an email was sent. Perhaps you could mention it to her next time you interact. Thanks.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:04 PM

Woo hoo, now I can start modelling things for apollo.  
I think he needs some nice 19th century gentlemans clothes to take them flirty society ladies out for a ball!
(daydreaming about some classic literature I just read)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:05 PM

Quote - That is EXACTLY what I am proposing:)  

So the end result is, that the Freestuff forum will be for freestuff providers to announce any freestuff items that would like whether its Freestuff from Renderosity's freestuff area or if its a link to a freestuff item that hasn't been uploaded to our Freestuff area. Its a place to give feedback to the freestuff provider(s) and place "wishes" for future freestuff items you would like to see.

The software topic forums...ie, Poser, Bryce, etc can still have members helping members showing them links during a discussion or what have you. Or if you fun across something cool and you would like to share this cool thing you found with others in a specific forum.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2694985  (good job Anton)  or

**And this type of post would still be okay here in the Poser forum or whatever forum it relates to

I feel this is a good compromise that will not change things too much and keep things consistent throughout the site in regards to how the Product Showcase works along with the Freestuff Forum. 

Thank you :)  So the majority of us can keep doing what we've been doing, and the only thing that is changing is where freebie creators announce their freebie offerings....regardless of the site they  have them hosted.

I can't speak for others, but that is a working model that I am happy to live with because all freebies will still be available to everyone :)

bnetta ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:06 PM

ok the only thing i have to put in  is.........
if were going to have to surf to more than one board here for poser related things.
can we at least move the freebie forum up higher in the main listing.......as if not for this thread i would never had known it existed as i don't scroll down past poser!...lol
and maybe put a link at the top of this forum?
and when you move over the freebie links from poser to freestuff can you sticky the hair thread?? and maybe a few others if requested so as they don't get lost?

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:08 PM

Go look at the freestuff area Anton:)  Lightening fast, heehee

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:09 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:11 PM

Quote - when you move over the freebie links from poser to freestuff can you sticky the hair thread?? and maybe a few others if requested so as they don't get lost?

netta

I haven't heard that they are moving any old threads.

Also, according to the examples Stacey gave, the hair thread can remain right where it is...nicely tucked in the Poser forum where it belongs as it was created with Poser users in mind :)

I would be happy to add it to the Free Stuff forum though if people feel it's warranted to be there too.  But I like the idea of it being in the Poser Forum as it's mostly links to Poser items.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:14 PM

Okay I have moved the Freestuff forum up to the first one under "Topics" and I'll ask the mods to post a link to the Freestuff forum in the headers of all the different forums:)

And you are correct Acadia, we won't be moving any old threads over.

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:32 PM

Stacey, I do belive I'm on the same page as you now:) There is only one mute point that comes to mind. Is there a way to tag the posts by request and offering? it would save a bit of reading if it was possible.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Zarat ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:35 PM

Quote -
That is EXACTLY what I am proposing:)  

So the end result is, that the Freestuff forum will be for freestuff providers to announce any freestuff items that would like whether its Freestuff from Renderosity's freestuff area or...

That sounds great! :woot:
Have to give you a hug for that solution and for providing good examples. HUG
But don't get used to it, Admin... :tongue2:

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 1:48 PM

:ohmy:  I have to earn my hugs then? heehee 

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:02 PM

While I don't want to have R'ocity get too anal about it  :):

I'd like to echo the request someone made to ask that people posting in the Freestuff Area put in their subject line what program the items are for (of course, if it's something like an obj or texture, which can be used in many programs, that could be written there instead).  It would make it easier to find things that pertain to a program you actually use.  As a good example, Anton posted his subject like this:

Apollo Maximus: Free Poser Figure for Poser and Daz Studio

PS - Poor Stacey - {{HUG}}  freely given...[

](../../mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2694985)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:15 PM

Stacey, are these "rules" the result of the meeting or still at the proposal stage (by you)?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:18 PM

First off, I agree aprocter. I would like to see the titles of the threads be like the one Anton did. That was a good example.

Francemi,

The information I posted is based on the outcome of the meeting we had today. So no more proposal stage but the real deal, lol:)

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:58 PM

Quote -

Acadia,

I will say that I can't see posting the freebie links in the other forums

Maybe look a bit more carefully? Arcadia has mentioned repeatedly that people come to specific forums, such as Poser, looking for specific things (such as a raccoon) that might be available for free, but if it isn't, they would be interested anyway. As I follow R'osity's "reasoning," those people would get a response from the well-behaved member something like this:

Dear PoserNoob: I know where you can find a free raccoon. Come over to the FreeStuff forum and dig around. If you can find the thread where I posted it, you are in business.

[Note: Under the "rules" for today, would it be wrong for the person to include a link from the Poser forum to the Free Stuff forum? Who can guess? And if it is, will it be when the moon is in the seventh house?]

Of course, if the helpful person knew of a raccoon that was NOT free but was reasonably priced, then the lawyer puffery in here might convince him that there is nowhere, except maybe a PM, where he can reveal this RMarket-threatening fact. He can't very well post the link in Free Stuff, now can he? Even if the well-behaved PoserNoob asked the question there. Because it's not free, don't you know?

The "pigs is pigs" folk at R'osity will argue, I'm sure, that PoserNoob was WRONG WRONG WRONG to look here for that raccoon instead of going to the Free Stuff forum (which I didn't even know existed until I noticed this squirrel fight and came over to watch), and if he posts requests for free stuff here in the future he will be slapped with many, many demerits and a sound scolding both public and private, the latter not to be reported to others [TOS and all that]. And if that doesn't work, then the TOS will be changed quietly to make his actions actionable.

Whatever, folks. If a BnM treated its customers like that, they'd shop somewhere else or go without. If you can't treat me civilly, then at least keep your hands off my wallet.

M

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:03 PM

StaceyG

Okay, so far I think I'm understanding. Your post above with the examples was excellent.

--Death

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:06 PM

Thank you Stacey. I think this makes real good sense. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:08 PM

Quote - > Quote - Acadia, I think you are really stretching what I said. For what reason I guess only you know.

Apparently the snide dig was edited out? Y'know, attacking somebody like me may get folks cheering, but attacking someone like Acadia shows a real lack of common sense. She was trusted before she joined the dark side, and it came as no surprise that her sojourn there was brief.

My take on this situation is that R'osity is, as ever, trying to pull something, and in a duel of words between admins and Acadia, admins have zero cred. Too many instances of arrogance, prevarication, and hypocrisy to undo, I'm afraid. I've watched this site for nearly ten years, and the only thing that seems to be consistent is a polite contempt for the members. "Polite" slips sometimes, of course.

M

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:23 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:23 PM

Um.  while many of us were upset at the initial info about the Freestuff forum rules, and whether this is a necessary step or not, I think you are a day behind here and a little overly angry - have you actually read the result of the meeting that Stacey wrote about?  The Freestuff forum is for freestuff PROVIDERS to post about their freestuff.  They're the only ones that will be asked to post in that forum only.

If someone asks,  in the Poser forum, where to find a racoon, there is no problem, under the new policy, with someone posting a link to it...in the same thread, in the same forum that it was asked in.

Quote - [ As I follow R'osity's "reasoning," those people would get a response from the well-behaved member something like this:

Dear PoserNoob: I know where you can find a free raccoon. Come over to the FreeStuff forum and dig around. If you can find the thread where I posted it, you are in business.

[Note: Under the "rules" for today, would it be wrong for the person to include a link from the Poser forum to the Free Stuff forum? Who can guess? And if it is, will it be when the moon is in the seventh house?]

Of course, if the helpful person knew of a raccoon that was NOT free but was reasonably priced, then the lawyer puffery in here might convince him that there is nowhere, except maybe a PM, where he can reveal this RMarket-threatening fact. He can't very well post the link in Free Stuff, now can he? Even if the well-behaved PoserNoob asked the question there. Because it's not free, don't you know?

The "pigs is pigs" folk at R'osity will argue, I'm sure, that PoserNoob was WRONG WRONG WRONG to look here for that raccoon instead of going to the Free Stuff forum (which I didn't even know existed until I noticed this squirrel fight and came over to watch), and if he posts requests for free stuff here in the future he will be slapped with many, many demerits and a sound scolding both public and private, the latter not to be reported to others [TOS and all that]. And if that doesn't work, then the TOS will be changed quietly to make his actions actionable.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:26 PM

Mickma, things have changed since the start of this thread.

The final ruling after their meeting today is that the only thing changing is where Freebie Creators can post  links to their  freebie offers.

The merchant's have a Product Showcase Forum to post links to their commercial items. They also have a Wishlist Forum where they can go and see if there are any request for MP items.

The Freebie Forum will do the same thing, only for the Freebie Creator. It will combine into one forum, what the merchants have 2 forums for.

The rest of us can still post free and commercial links in the other forums in order to help each other out.

Freebie creator giving away their latest model ...... posts it in the Freebie Forum

Person looking for a FREE pair of shoes for Aiko ..... posts in the Freebie Forum

Anyone finding a link to freebies, like I tend to do ..... still can post in Poser forum.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:34 PM

mickma,

You need to re read my post from today after the meeting as you are completely misunderstanding the outcome of this issue. You are off base so please read completely and hopefully you will understand where you were misunderstanding in your first post.  I fear that just the opportunity to make a negative post is really your only intent though.

And yes I did edit my post as after re reading, my words didn't come across the way I intented. I didn't attack Acadia at all, I felt she was continuing to misunderstand my prior posts so after re reading them carefully I could understand more of why it wasn't clear to her. I explained that to her and apologized for not being more specific and clear. 

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:34 PM

file_375765.gif

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Acadia, I think you are really stretching what I said. For what reason I guess only you know. > > > > Apparently the snide dig was edited out? Y'know, attacking somebody like me may get folks cheering, but attacking someone like Acadia shows a real lack of common sense. She was trusted before she joined the dark side, and it came as no surprise that her sojourn there was brief. > > My take on this situation is that R'osity is, as ever, trying to pull something, and in a duel of words between admins and Acadia, admins have zero cred. Too many instances of arrogance, prevarication, and hypocrisy to undo, I'm afraid. I've watched this site for nearly ten years, and the only thing that seems to be consistent is a polite contempt for the members. "Polite" slips sometimes, of course. > > M

It's ok :)  It was just a misunderstanding, nothing serious and all is well with the world. 

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:35 PM

Thank you Acadia and aprocter, summed up perfectly:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:35 PM

And thank you Acadia for understanding:)  Hugs back to you!!!!

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:36 PM

(clarifying my 'I give up statement' - with 2 hounds, 8 cats, one MIL and a darling Wifey, I was told I'm spending to much time on the computer. (I'm not) hence the I give up. I've had it upto here. the MIL buys me this wonderful computer and I hardly get to use it at times. ARRGHHHHH, not back to your normal forum viewing)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:38 PM

Aaaah gotcha Khai.  Computers are for spending time on huh?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:40 PM

well if I want to clear this backlog of models to sell... yup ;)

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:45 PM

file_375769.gif

Ok, seeing this has been ironed out now.....

My old girl Chynna. She is 15 years old. I found her sleeping in her favourite place in the cupboard and she was quite surprised when I opened the door :)

My doll baby Abby. She will be 9 years old on June 19th :)  She loves to lay on the dining room chairs.  I've since vacuumed them!  lol

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 4:49 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 4:51 PM

I'm so glad everyone else is happy n' hugz all 'round now. Yeah bring on the kitty pics. ( My Mom loves them ) HELLO RENDO It is actually possible to OVER organise things and rather spoil the community easyness and nice 'happenstance" feel of sites. I know other people felt this happened long ago here but me being slow on the uptake , well even I can see this now. All this is not making the site fell more 'professional' and organised, just more nitpicky and dull. The spirit is just being organised outta this place. Far too much "do this only here" and "do this like this" "this much showing but not that" . Just my humble opinion , as they say.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 4:53 PM

Chyna is the dreamer and Abby is the pragamist. Chyna reasons: Food comes in bowls. I eat out of bowls. Food MAY appear in one of this bowls and I'm GONNA BE HERE WHEN IT DOES!"

Abby is more the, "Humans sit on these to eat. I'm sitting (laying) here on them. Feed me when I wake up. It's dinner-time. Can I have a glass of milk,too?"

:lol:  Making captions for cats is just too easy.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 5:17 PM

KITTIES!!!

Dajadues ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 5:21 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 5:22 PM

Hmm so it's ok to have a Remapp topics on the Dork/Posette here then? But you can't post or request freebie links??? I find all this confusing so will stay out of it because topics have a way with turning into cat threads. Very strange. ;)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 5:35 PM

Dajadues,

I think you may still be misunderstanding things a bit. Please go read my post that I made today that showed some examples and maybe that will help:)  If not, you are more than welcome to sitemail me with questions if you don't want to post in this thread any longer.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.