Sun, Oct 6, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: My new passion ... lookalike morphs

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 9:52 PM

let's see
Rachael (sp?) Ward (heroine in 'Dead Men don't wear plaid')
Diana Rigg (Emma Peel)
Carolyn Jones (Morticia on the Addams family)

that's all I can think of..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 10:17 PM

Are there any alternatives to FaceGen modeler? After visiting Singular's web site, it appears rather expensive for what seems to be a slight improvement over Poser's face room.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 10:25 PM

I seem to recall other threads on the Rendo forum where folks talked about something similar. But it might have been something that was under development or something. I can't remember which posts they appeared in. As far as I know, FaceGen is probably the most known one, but others might pop in if they are aware of something else.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 10:39 PM

I'm amazed! What a fun to read and see this while passing time waiting for some renders to finish!!

Do you still need ideas?
First: A big YES for Rufus Sewell!!
My ideas for some challenging faces (maybe you like musicians, too)
Men: James Hetfield (metallica), Brian Molko (Placebo) - very different types of faces.

Women (some interesting french faces): Isabelle Adjani, Fanny Ardant, Isabelle Huppert

they're all in their 50s now - so you may want to look for older photos - although they still look beautieful and of course more "typefull" now.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 10:50 PM

There's a program out there by n-sided called Quidam.

I can't personally vouch for it, but FPS has certainly done some wonderful work with it.

Here's a recent pic from FPS's gallery:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1410860

And here's his very basic tutorial on how to use it in conjunction with Poser:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/index.php?tutorial_id=1614

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 11:07 PM

That's the one I was thinking of ClawShrimp! Thanks.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 11:52 PM

I'll download the free trial tonight and have a tinker.

It's hard to tell just how useful Quidam will be to the average Joe as FPS couples his morphs with textures of a standard that most people don't access to (i.e. INCREDIBLE).

I won't really be able to spare much time to really put it through its paces though. It'll be hard tearing myself away from Apollo morphs!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Methastopholis ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 12:48 AM

Just one special request from me :)   JERRY GARCIA     :)

sebastel ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 12:55 PM · edited Wed, 28 March 2007 at 12:56 PM

very interesting.
my skills are not good enough to take part of this, still i got some ideas what models to try to model ...

i think it is perfectly easy to understand that most names mentioned so far are "celebrities" of recent times, coming from american showbiz.

now, what about those idols of the past, or different origin?

just to name a few:

marcello mastroianni
kirk douglas
frank sinatra
marlon brando
james dean
humphrey bogart
yul brynner
gregory peck
chow yun fat
tony leung
johnny weissmuller
john wayne
alain delon
boris karloff
spencer tracy

greta garbo
gina lollobrigida
sophia loren
audrey hepburn
katherine hepburn
lauren bacall
catherine deneuve
fay wray
faye wong
gong li
akiko wakabayashi
maureen o'sullivan

em, i think you got the idea ...
maybe it is just because i am getting old and miss some of the "old times" - but this should be a rich source of inspiration for you all.

:-)

cheers
sebastel

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:30 PM

I am shocked, SHOCKED that no one has asked for Alan Alda...;) just think of all the 'guess who' threads we could slay with that..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:35 PM

Been looking for a good photo of him ... if you find one straight on with his mouth closed I'll do it! LMAO

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:54 PM

file_373306.jpg

This is the best I can do so far ..... LMAO

fygomatic ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 9:35 PM

Not quite Alan yet, but if you stuck a helmet on him and dangled a cigarette from his lips, he'd look perfect in a 40's war movie :-)

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 9:38 PM

It was a bad scan of a TV guide cover that it came from. The problem with Alan Alda is that he always has a really wide smile in all of his photos. Makes it tough to get an accurate closed mouth morph!

majesticartist ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 10:05 PM

I would love to see some Charmed Ones!!!!

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 10:05 PM

My hubby likes them too. 8-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 12:48 AM

file_373313.jpg

"And that brings up another point. None of the morphs that I have done would look like the person without textures. It's the combination of the two that has made it work. Lordy, I couldn't imagine doing a clay render that accurate! LMAO"

Well, I have a small collection of celebrity life masks, and I'm often struck by how generic even a famous face can look without the coloration of the original donor.  Older faces, generally seem to carry the resemblance best.
As an example, here's Gina Davis from about the time she did Beetlejuice.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 4:15 AM

Any fans of professional wrestling on WWE ? How about the WWE Divas ? :

Melina
Trish Stratus
Mickey James
Victoria
Sable
Ivory
Ashley
... and of course
The Fabulous Moolah

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 10:41 AM

I would love to see...

Males

David Boreanaz
James Marsters
Brad Pitt (been done...but he is so pretty...another go is always welcome)
Liam Neeson
Ewan Macgregor
Colin Farrel
Alexis Denisof

Females

Salma Hayek
Allyson Hannigan
Kate Winslet

Brandy

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 9:47 PM

Would love to see and purchase these morphs

Catherine Zeta Jones

Salma Hayek

All great work thanks for the thred

Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

3DVim ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 12:26 PM

Very interesting thread and full of excellent works here!

I'd like to see Christopher Reeve morphs -- let the quintessential Superman live on.

Also,

**Males:
**Ernesto Che Guevara
Bruce Lee
Curt Cobain
James Dean
John F. Kennedy Jr.
Gary Cooper

**Females: 
**Natalie Wood
Grace Kelly
Ingrid Bergman
Marilyn Monroe (Daz3D seems to have one of her lookalike morphs already)
Princess Dianna
Aaliyah

celeb morphs 1

celeb morphs 2

HeRe ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 2:26 PM

Mother Theresa??

Jochen38 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 3:01 PM

Quote - I made a try to make Lucy Liu, see the pic

That´s my attempt, done with a V4 but completely without makeup.

scott8539 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 3:57 PM

i would also like to see bruce lee sonny chiba sandra bullock sigourney weaver eddy murphy jet lee robert patrick that alan alda looks good.just need to thin his face out.

panko ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:33 AM · edited Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.doctormacro.com/index.html

Deecey, you might like to take a look at the above link. I found it by accident while doing some research work. Lots of high quality movie stars photos there.... :)

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:46 AM

OH YES, I stumbled upon that too!!! And I also got some photo colorizing photos for black and white pics.

8-)

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 9:38 AM

I am in love with the Jessica Alba morph by fygomatic. Too bad he does not want to sell it! 
Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 9:40 AM

I agree ... that morph is phenomenal (he's my lookalike idol! LOL). He did that all himself, nothing automatic about that.

THAT is what I would love to aspire to!

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 9:54 AM

And it is not his only creation....

Although he defines it still a "work in progress"  (  :laugh:  ) and he has uploaded only one image with it, he has created a morph of The Most Beautiful Woman Of All Times (in my opinion, but not only in mine): Audrey Hepburn.

Check the pic....  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1359110

Absolutely amazing.

Giò

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

panko ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 10:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1391749&member

He also made a wonderful Sophia Loren (WIP he says...:), in my opinion one of the most beautiful non-anorexic women of all times.............😉

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 12:09 PM
Site Admin

I also really like his Salma Hayek morph too :)  Ah well, I guess it's best he doesn't want to sell/give them.   Can you imagine the whole gallery full of them? 😄

Barrelhaus ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:16 PM

Ginger and Maryanne
Jennifer and Bailey

Better still, Maryanne and Bailey!

"Have you ever made a just man?"
"Oh, I have made three," answered God,
"But two of them are dead,
"And the third--
"Listen! Listen!
"And you will hear the thud of his defeat."

-Stephen Crane

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2007 at 9:44 AM

Attached Link: http://cecile.defrance.online.fr/

What about the androgynous French beauty Cecile de France ....

fygomatic ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2007 at 11:13 AM

Hey! I like the direction this thread took :-) Thanks everybody!
  That audrey hepburn character is still in the really early stages. I pretty much like the morph but i'm going to completely redo the texture.
   My salma hayek character is in limbo. I think I actually made it worse with my last revision I posted, so i've been too bummed to work on it :-)

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2007 at 9:36 PM · edited Sat, 14 April 2007 at 9:41 PM

Attached Link: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0208426/

fygomatic, as I have just referred to, I am a huge fan of Cecile de France .... any chance of you doing a character for her ? ...

She's not all that well-known in the English-speaking world. Her filmography is attached. She's probably best known from films such as Haute Tension, Russian Dolls and The Spanish Apartment.

fygomatic ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 12:13 AM

mathman, I hadn't heard of her before, she's got a very unique look. It's better though if I'm really familiar with the subject before I start a character.
  Speaking of French language films, I plan on doing a Virginie Ledoyen or Laetitia Casta eventually.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 12:33 AM

You know for as long as Poser has been around I am surprised that you can't find just about any kind of star or any one 1/2 way famous.

Think the only Star I've seen was a Britney Spears at DAZ.

RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

madmaxh ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 5:37 PM

Some fantastic lookalikes on this thread.

For my two cents, I'd like to see these great character faces:

Chris Walken
George Orwell
Audrey Hepburn
Yosef Stalin
Vincent Price
Robert DeNiro
Bruce Lee
Greta Garbo
Jayne Mansfield
Yul Brynner
Groucho Marx
Pablo Picasso

madmaxh ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 5:44 PM

Wow! Just saw Fygomatic's Audrey Hepburn. Got that one covered!

kristinf ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 1:19 PM

Quote - But ... can you guess who they are?

Oh they are wonderful! George, Elvis, Clooney, Zeta-Jone and Betty Davis... :)

I am a HUGE Fygomatic fan, his Jessica Alba, Sophia and Salma are just gorgeous!  I wish I could persuade him to do a Jude Law, Johnny Depp and a Deborah Harry :D

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

scott8539 ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 3:56 PM

file_374911.jpg

i just started a christopher walken.he's cool.

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:07 PM
Forum Moderator

**Dayam!  I do not even recognize half of the names of "celebrities" that people are posting.  

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:37 PM

Wonderful work people!!!!!!!!!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:05 PM

Is there a Look Alikes FC2 area in Freestuff with any of these neat look alikes?

CeeBee84 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 3:18 AM

Here's one of mine.
I use Facegen with the native mesh then cut its silly thick neck off and integrate fairly crudely with V3 or V4.
The FG mesh is OK but the 500x500 pixel textures are a big limitation, hence no close-ups.

CeeBee84 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 3:25 AM

Oops file was too big.

Here it is at Imageshack

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/569/jennifer3xu1.jpg

CeeBee84 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 3:30 AM
mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 3:39 AM

It would be great to have a Alan Alda just because. :D Then for a Sandra Bullock(from her earlier pictures) because she's one of the coolest funnest actresses. :) (^_^) :DDD

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

panko ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 9:39 AM

Wouldn't that be great if someone figures out how to work out a rather easy and not incredibly time consuming method to enhance the FG mesh and then use it with millennium figures in Poser. I'd pay for a tutorial like that and I presume many people also will.... :)
UVDan... you are not alone in this (not to recognize that is any of the current celebrities). Trouble with me is that most of themodern day screen and stage "celebrities" look so much alike that I marvel how people could tell who is who. In the good old times it would have taken some effort to confuse, say Ava Gardner with Marilyn, Joan Crawford with Rita Hayworth or Marlon Brando with Stewart Granger............😕

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 9:51 AM · edited Sat, 28 April 2007 at 9:52 AM

Wouldn't that be great if someone figures out how to work out a rather easy and not incredibly time consuming method to enhance the FG mesh and then use it with millennium figures in Poser. I'd pay for a tutorial like that and I presume many people also will.... :)

In order to get it to work properly, a custom neck prop would have to be created so that it blends properly from the FaceGen head to the millenium figure. And that would also mean that multiple neck replacements would be needed (one for each figure you want to use). 

Aside from that, the geometry in the default FaceGen head isn't as detailed as in the millenium figures. No nostrils (they are flattened), and the mouth and eyes aren't poseable. That probably explains why most images that use the FaceGen head are usually from straight on, and have similar expressions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.