Fri, Oct 4, 9:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Polite?

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 9:20 PM

I know people outside the US like to eat horsemeat. But I've always had and ridden horses and consider them friends, so the thoughts of eating a horse makes me feel ill, although if I was starving to death I might feel differently.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 9:22 PM

That is the true downside of the written word. Humourous banter becomes aggressive argumentativeness when read in the unintentioned tone

Also, some misunderstandings occur because we do not all speak English or German or whatever. Sometimes I have offended someone and could not figure out why they were offended.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 1:01 PM

Quote - Could you really cook and EAT me?????? I am so cute!!!!

Not for for another month, then it's Wham Bam, Thank you ham (with barbecue sauce of course).

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 1:31 PM

It is funny that this has come up. I collect old books and I was reading through an old turn of the century (early 1900's) book on ettiquette. The section on communicating applied to present day due to the changes in the way we communicate. In the 1900's, we communicated by writing mostly and we received our news by reading. Delivering of information went from the written word, to sound (radio) to images (Movietone News then the Television) to the internet where we have a mixture, but mostly reading. 

Communication changed from writing (letters) to verbal (phone) back to writing (e-mail)... those rules for writing from the 1900's apply today as well as it did then. The problem is, letter writing is a skill that takes practice and many of us fall into the bad habit of writing the way we talk. Sometimes, that does not come across as intended and that leads to all sorts of issues. 

ratscloset
aka John

Tiari ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 2:04 PM

See, there's a simple explanation to this, besides PJZ's (in my opinion) apt description of a few wanderers that like to stir the pot.  All is civil and peaceful in the rendo posting world, as long as you do not:

Claim V4 looks like crap

Post 45 Images of a poser female with unrealistically huge basketball boobs (and name it something grandeos like, "She walks with wind in her hair holding the earth in her palm and all is well".)

Claim poser isn't art. (or claim its easy, instant or the "cheaters way" to do art).

Claim you are a professional expert extrordinaire in poser when your on your fifth all time render and tell everyone else they are doing it wrong.

Start asking how to get comission work when you just bought your first copy of poser five minutes ago and havent downloaded it yet.

get on the thumbnail TOS issue.

avoid those, and it will be all smooth for you :)

dasquid ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 3:31 PM

Sorry but theres nothing like frying a pound of bacon and using the still hot grease to fry about a half dozen sliced potatos and onions.(best thing to fry eggs in too :P )

I had lamb in Turkey when I was there  in 02 and it was good but  it can't beat a good bacon sandwich.

Now on  the animals when alive? Then the lamb beats the pig without any problems pigs are just filthy stupid animals (yeah I know people say pigs are smarter than dogs but you cant prove it by me)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 3:43 PM

As a teenager, I knew a guy who picked up a piglet from a small group of them in his grandmother's backyard.  The piglet started to squeal.  Next thing that he knew, a 500 lb. (or so) momma sow came charging around the corner of the house -- and she took out after him.  Now 500 lbs. of angry momma pig isn't very funny (at least not at the time -- it is later on when the story gets told).  So he dropped the pig and ran.  Fortunately for him, it was just a short distance to the screen door and into his grandmother's kitchen.  He made it inside just before the sow had him for lunch.  She stood outside of the door, oinking and screaming for some time thereafter.  I don't think that he ever picked up a loose piglet again.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 5:17 PM

That's interesting, because I always thought pigs were vegetarians, but evidently they eat meat, too. We had two hunters go missing years ago in Michigan, and only last year the police caught the guys who murdered them and fed their bodies to hogs, yecchhh!

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton

> Quote - That's interesting, because I always thought pigs were vegetarians, but evidently they eat meat, too. We had two hunters go missing years ago in Michigan, and only last year the police caught the guys who murdered them and fed their bodies to hogs, yecchhh!

just 2?

looks like this guy did 49.....

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 5:45 PM

Quote - That's interesting, because I always thought pigs were vegetarians, but evidently they eat meat, too. We had two hunters go missing years ago in Michigan, and only last year the police caught the guys who murdered them and fed their bodies to hogs, yecchhh!

I don't know if the pig would literally have eaten him -- although she might have.  I've heard that pigs will eat just about anything.  But no -- what the sow objected to were her offspring's squeals of distress at being picked up & handled.  Her actions from there were to protect her piglet from what she interpreted as an attack.  She might not have eaten him.  But she very well might have killed him.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 5:47 PM

In MICHIGAN. That other guy lives somewhere else. Evidentily the hunters looked at these guys' girlfriends and got in a fight and killed.

SUGGESTION: I am going to suggest that RR have a totally off topic forum for us to chat in. I hate "Chat rooms" but I enjoy talking to other people about non-art stuff.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 5:50 PM

Now that I read that wikepeida story "human flesh might have been ground up with pork..." I can't imagine ever eating pork!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 6:16 PM · edited Tue, 08 May 2007 at 6:18 PM

I've read elsewhere that human flesh actually tastes like pork -- and not like chicken.

The similarity between pig flesh & human flesh is a part of the reason why pig's heart valves can be used to surgically replace human heart valves.  And it's also one of the arguments occasionally used as to why humans shouldn't eat pig meat.  The flesh of pigs is thought (by some -- this isn't my opinion, it's just something that I've heard propounded by others) -- to be so similar to the flesh of humans as to cause a danger of various nasty things happening from the eating of pig meat by humans.  Sort of like the way that mad cow disease is spread by feeding renderings from cows to other cows mixed into their feed.

I eat bacon, because I like it.  And I eat sausage for the same reason.  But I don't like pork, ham, or pickled pig's feet. 😉  Although I know some people who love pickled pig's feet.  I don't understand why they do -- it's just one of those mysteries of the universe, I suppose.

It's interesting to note that human heart valves aren't replaced with the heart valves of apes -- but rather with the heart valves of pigs.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 7:32 PM

I have nothing against pigs. If they stayed little and cute they make geat pets I guess. Pigs indoors can get bathes and they say they are not by nature dirty at all.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 1:07 AM

As a former hunter of feral hogs {wild} I can assure you that they will kill you if they are big enough  and def will eat you.

When I used to hunt, we were ever watchful of a 400 lb monster boar hog that roamed on his own..I was instructed, that if I couldn't shoot him, that I better find a tree to climb and fast.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

12rounds ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 3:56 AM

"Why not hire the dude with the cat pictures?" Well then ... then there will be the 2 fellas who 1) get annoyed with 'em cats and post a roadkill image 2) get annoyed with 'em cats and start shouting the images are too big and unnecessary and OT and masking the actual topic posts ...

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 4:10 AM

I'm truly happy. People CAN get along AND make jokes without insulting each other. That's nice!

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 12:35 PM

Yes, we need an OT thread or forum to discuss things like pigs, whatever, but as my grandmother would say, "If you want to keep your friends, never discuss religion or politics, "LOL!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 12:43 PM

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that pigs are omnivores. Eat just about anything.
And to tie it to the felinistic (is that a word? seems to fit ;) ) trends in here, my darling kitty Tigger has gotten very lazy and pudgy in the last couple of years. Now I when I baby talk to her I say: "Tiglet, mommy's little Pot Belly Piglet"

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 1:08 PM

Quote - Yes, we need an OT thread or forum to discuss things like pigs, whatever, but as my grandmother would say, "If you want to keep your friends, never discuss religion or politics, "LOL!

For some, such as Jews and Moslems, discussing pigs IS a religious abomination.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 3:23 PM

ppppeeeeeeeepppp

Foul! mention of religion. free throw against dphoadley.

play on!

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 5:31 PM

Yes, Dave, i thought EATING pigs and non-Kosher foods was the abomination, not poor little live piggies. Actually, right now my horse is an abomination. The bad boy stepped sideways (he knows I can't get on him fast because he's tall and I'm short) and I twisted my right knee, they think I tore ligaments, am in a brace, on crutches and pain pills. The pain pills aren't half bad, LOL!

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 7:58 PM · edited Wed, 09 May 2007 at 8:02 PM

regarding humor:
Humor in forums can be cool or uncool. Some people have very dark humor, almost cruel. Some people are funny though just the way they phrase things.

Flames usually result from people trying to force someone to accept their attempt at humor, or humor as veiled excuse to troll. ("you are a %^$# ... just kidding. lighten up")

Regarding pigs:
I think I read somewhere even a cute pink barnyard pig will quickly revert to a dark, coarse, wild pig within weeks of being released into the wild.

There was also a great story about Hogzilla, a massive MASSIVE pig that was eating the growth hormone on the banks of a fish farm.

Pigs are highly adaptive multiple quickly and I thinkt here was aslo a story that wild pigs might eventually become as big a problem as killer bees.

Back to humor:
Anyone remember a post from years ago where a woman wanted to make a cat texture so she sandwiched her cat inside the scanner and posted the pic of the scan? One of the funniest things I ever saw. The cat did not look happy. :)

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 9:30 PM · edited Wed, 09 May 2007 at 9:31 PM

Quote - Pigs are highly adaptive multiple quickly and I thinkt here was aslo a story that wild pigs might eventually become as big a problem as killer bees.

Yup, and actually in Texas, we are over run with feral hogs..there is a no bag limit/open season on them, and has been for some time...the game wardens dont even require a certain caliber rifle to take them down with

~Jani

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 9:41 PM

my typing up there was pretty bad. Glad you speak Typo. :)

This will always be my favorite pig.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 9:59 PM

file_377099.jpg

> Quote - > Anyone remember a post from years ago where a woman wanted to make a cat texture so she sandwiched her cat inside the scanner and posted the pic of the scan? One of the funniest things I ever saw. The cat did not look happy. :)

I don't remember that one, but there used to be a website where people would get their cats to sit or lay on the scanner and scan it. it was cat-scan.com. Looks like it no longer exists, but it was very funny while it lasted!  I found an image very similar to the ones that could be found there!  ...errrmmmmm... here I go with kitty pictures again LOL

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:18 AM · edited Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:18 AM

Quote - Glad you speak Typo. :)

Heh, heh..I speak, read and type typoese :laugh:

~Jani

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:33 AM

I know a song about cats...
My little boy made this up and sings it to my pudgiest cat.

"You're a fatty-catty in disguise
You have eaten all the pies
And those pies went to your thighs"

(repeat in singsong voice until boredom threshold is reached, or cat runs away)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:45 AM

:lol: Cute!

~Jani

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:49 AM · edited Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2592163

> Quote - > > Back to humor: > Anyone remember a post from years ago where a woman wanted to make a cat texture so she sandwiched her cat inside the scanner and posted the pic of the scan? One of the funniest things I ever saw. The cat did not look happy. :)

Hmm, I think I do recall that. I was livid because the cat could have been blinded by the scan light.
EDIT:  Yep. I did. Here is the thread.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 1:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.funpic.hu/funblog/allatok/allatok.html

Here are some weird "animal" pictures ... I hope some of our fine merchants would make a couple of these to Poser animals ... :D

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 2:06 AM

OMG How funny!

I like the hippo/crab, and the shark/cat :lol:

~Jani

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.