Sat, Sep 21, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 5.5 is now free

areno ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 11:29 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Haven't seen this posted anywhere and should be of interest to those that grabbed Bryce 5 when Daz released it for free well Download.com has Bryce 5.5 for free now it's under Design Tools and in my opinion well worth it just for the taskbar fix. Be forwarned it's a 123MB download.

Enjoy...

hewee ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:50 AM
Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 5:08 AM · edited Tue, 12 June 2007 at 5:11 AM

Using a Download Manager with a 5Mbit Broadband connection it took 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds to download.

Note:
**"You'll have to register your copy of Bryce 5.5 on the publishers web-site to gain access to your free Bryce serial number."

**I'll have to figure out how to do this, since I'm already registered on Daz.

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 6:41 AM

All comes to he who waits...   Someone once said that.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 8:20 AM
Forum Moderator

I think you did!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 9:29 AM · edited Tue, 12 June 2007 at 9:41 AM

They revamped the site, which explains why it was down all morning.

To save everyone some time, you can go to

www.daz3d.com/bryce55

and it will generate a serial number for you.

and as an added bonus if you look at the bottom of the screen there is an offer for a FREE Master Series Item.  available for the next two weeks.

You get too pick out of 4...  I picked Rudy's "The Block" Tutorial.  It was either that or the City Sky one, but I think Rudy's city is a better deal. :) its almost 500MB Download.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 9:45 AM

I sent a Support E-mail to Daz.  The system would not process my order.

FarawayPictures ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:52 AM

I got to say I'm in 2 minds about this.
I think it's great they have the guts to give this away, but at the same time, it's only just had a new version. What about all the people who've bought 5.5 not too long ago? Can't help but feel sorry for them.

PORTAL

boekenwuurm ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 1:49 PM

Analog-X, have you found a solution? When I try I get the same problem

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 1:58 PM

Quote - Using a Download Manager with a 5Mbit Broadband connection it took 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds to download.

Using AOL downloader on a 28k dial-up phone connection it would take me...
Ah, forget it, I'd never be able to finish the download.

Guess it's lucky I already have it.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

boekenwuurm ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 2:08 PM

I can't instal bryce 5.5? I get the message
 "setup cannot write to the destination file C:programfilesDAZBryce 5.5BlackBox.dll"
What am i supost to do with this?

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 4:04 PM

could be worse, it could be in 5 parts on Megaupload..%$#@  I hate that..;)

Well, I know what I'll be doing tonight...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hewee ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 4:07 PM

I never even installed Bryce 5.5 and when I went to www.daz3d.com/bryce55 it too me to http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/bryce/-/breg55? and it said...
You have already registered Bryce
Congratulations on downloading Bryce 5.5
and had the SN.

How it know that because I downloaded from C-Net and I never register it or installed it yet.
Then I clicked on Available Downloads and there it is listed along with other free Bryce software.

But I downloaded 5.5 from Daz too because I bet the SN is for there download and not the one from C-Net or I am not sure.
I know the C-Net 5.5 was "Bryce5_5_Free_Setup" was 122 MB and the Daz "br_ap003_Bryce55" was 118 MB.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 4:09 PM · edited Tue, 12 June 2007 at 4:13 PM

Ouch!. I just paid $40 for 6.0 upgrade(limited sale now for $20), and Bryce 5.5 $100(now free?) not to long ago. Oh well I guess thats how the computer software market goes. Same happened with my other 3DCG software. Paid $200, approx a little over year ago, now its $100. 😉

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 5:19 PM

boekenwuurm: Havent got a responce from support yet, but I still get this error
"ST: 0 --- totalcart: 12.48 We had a problem processing your order. Please review your order and then click 'Place My Order' if ready."  When I find out what the problem is I will let you know.

I installed Bryce 5.5 download from C-Net and it worked just fine.

**hewee: ** I downloaded "Bryce5_5_Free_Setup" from C-Net than wentn to the Daz3d.com/bryce55 page and got a serial number.  After reading you're post, I went back into my account and available downloads now I see that I have 2 Downloads  "br_ap003_Bryce55.exe" and "br_ap003_BryceLightning2.exe" and now under "Available Serial Numbers" I got "Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com" with the serial number.

fpfrdn3: When Bryce v6.0 came out, I bought FULL Version for $45 (Half Price)

I know it can feel bad, buying something for $100 and few months later on sale for $20.  But with Daz3D and the weekly freebies that we get, It balances all out.

I'm subscribed to receive e-mails from Daz3D and if you havent you should.  They release free stuff all the time.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 7:17 PM

Downloaded - Check
Installed- Check
'Free Content' - wants $12.48...(wt..?)

Looks interesting, even the Daz Studio button works. However, they sure skimped on the mats..;)
(there goes the evening...2,000 mat files, what to choose?..;)

but whaddayawantforfree?...;) I'm not complaining...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hewee ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 8:48 PM

Quote -

I installed Bryce 5.5 download from C-Net and it worked just fine.

**hewee: ** I downloaded "Bryce5_5_Free_Setup" from C-Net than wentn to the Daz3d.com/bryce55 page and got a serial number.  After reading you're post, I went back into my account and available downloads now I see that I have 2 Downloads  "br_ap003_Bryce55.exe" and "br_ap003_BryceLightning2.exe" and now under "Available Serial Numbers" I got "Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com" with the serial number.

Funny how there was Bryce 5.5 in are account to download but if you go other places there and click on 5.5 to download it your taken to C-Net. Maybe it is that way so those who are not members can get to the download. Then they would have I think sign up to register the software.
So did the SN you got work on the C-Net one you already installed?
In the "Itemized Order History" it shows for today the "Bryce 5.5 Free Download Web Registration" but that was there I think before I even downloaded 5.5 from my account.
Then there was the other downloads like br_ap003_BryceLightning2.exe and br_ap003_BryceLightning2.sit along with me getting br_ap003_Bryce55.sit (Mac) and br_ap003_Bryce55.exe (PC) but they are not listed in the "Itemized Order History" or did I get a "DAZ Order Confirmation" email about the order like I always do. But seeing how it was already added to the downloads and I did not go tru doing the order that may be why or because of the site upgrade the email are not going out.

Then when your here at http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/bryce/-/breg55? look below and your see...
One Free Masters Series Product!

Get the most from Bryce by choosing any one of the Masters Series tutorial products for free! Choose one and enter the code BRY55MASTERS at checkout.

Free for 2 Weeks Only!

Pick Your Free Product Now.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/catmain/-/?cat=179

But after clicking the link i see 4 things listed but nothing is free.

1. Bryce Masters Series The Block
  2. Bryce Masters Series Smoke and Mirrors
  3. Bryce Masters Series Cloud City
  4. Bryce Masters Series Great Hall

All listed for...
sale price: $12.48
platinum price: $8.74

Then if I go to my account, Gift Certs & Credits and click on "View Balances" it has this...

You have no currently available Gift Certificates or Vouchers.

You have the following unclaimed coupons in your account which you can enter into an order:
Code                          Description
BRY55MASTERS    Free Masters Series Item

So do I put the code in the get them for free and do I get 1 or all 4 for free with the same code?

hewee ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 9:13 PM

Ok I added all 4 to a order and clicked the checkout.
Got this window...
Gift Certificates and Coupons
You have the following coupons in your account:
BRY55MASTERS    Free Masters Series Item

I put the code in the right side but then at checkout I get this.
Charges and Discounts
Subtotal:    $49.92
Shipping (via ELECTRONIC):    $0.00
Tax:    $0.00
Coupon BRY55MASTERS:    -$12.48
Total:    $37.44
To be paid now:    $37.44

They are all tutorial too.

So I went back and only got "Bryce Masters Series: Cloud City" and now have...
To be paid now: $0.00

I keep getting this here below.
We had a problem processing your order. Please review your order and then click 'Place My Order' if ready.

Does this have something to do with the coupon and or the Paypal. I do not or have a every gotten and thing online but what is free.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:12 PM

**hewee: ** If you look at my last post in this thread.  I have the same problem.  I picked "The Block" went through all the motions but I get the same error as you did.

There must be a glitch in their system. I'm waiting for Daz Support to e-mail me back.  As soon as I hear anything I'll post it here.

Interestingly enough I dont see Mac Version of Bryce 5.5 in my Download Area.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:18 PM

Just out of Curiosity I downloaded "br_ap003_Bryce55.exe" and installed it and there was no prompt for Serial number.  After it was installed I even went to Help/About and no indication of a serial number or if it was registered or not.

hewee ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:42 PM · edited Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:51 PM

**Analog-X
**Sorry I missed reading you had already said something above about the checkout trouble.

I posted over there too with screen shoots.
[url=http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=60189]One Free Masters Series Product![/url]

All or most all the things every listed in the "Available Downloads" has both a Win and Mac version and I always get both. Don't even have a Mac but if and when I do then I got the downloads. But I am dreaming of the Big Mac. :)

I had all these here below and still had another listed from the other day but these below I never added to the list but was able to download...
File Name - Product Name
br_ap003_Bryce55.exe (PC)  - Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com 
br_ap003_Bryce55.sit (Mac) - Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com 
br_ap003_BryceLightning2.exe - Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com
br_ap003_BryceLightning2.sit  - Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com

Edit: Just found out how to remove all the add paypal you see in the screen shots at DAZ I posted.
Go to your account and click on "Payment Methods" and then your see more.
I had this here listed...
Your payment instruments on file :
paypal                Remove
paypal            [Preferred]    Remove

So removed all but the [Preferred] one and man it was slow and then having to click around to get back to remove the next one. Lots and lots of added clicking to get around over there now after the upgrade I hate. It worked great the way it was before.

dogor ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 2:21 AM

I never see the high end app's given away like that. Paying customers pay so they can equip dead beats. Hobo 3D. I think I'll wait next time.

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 2:46 AM

Hey I got Bryce 5 when it was new and I think it was in sale for around $150.00 or was that after rebate. I got it for xmas so can not remember. But it may of been less because my sister got it I think tru http://www.journeyed.com/home.asp because was in school taking Photoshop classes.

Sure don't save any money there on Bryce.
DAZ Bryce 5.5 Mac/Win or Daz Bryce 6 Mac/Win - Your Price: $79.98

But you can bet Daz makes money from the add-on people get and upgrades for those who want the new version now and can't wait for it to cost less or be given away when a newer version comes out.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 6:58 AM

They make their content very affordable. 

When you see items for $6 and $9 you dont hesitate to buy them, I've bought more stuff from Daz than any other 3D Content provider, because of how affordable they are.

dogor:  High End apps can still give away lighter version of their apps.  Music Software companys give away free version of their apps all the time.  Giving stuff away does not deminish the quality of the software.

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 10:29 AM

Quote - Ouch!. I just paid $40 for 6.0 upgrade(limited sale now for $20), and Bryce 5.5 $100(now free?) not to long ago. Oh well I guess thats how the computer software market goes. Same happened with my other 3DCG software. Paid $200, approx a little over year ago, now its $100. 😉

If it has been less than thirty days that you bought it you might want to make use of their money back guarantee.

ysvry ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 10:37 AM

right look at blender too , that is always free :P

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

dogor ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 3:33 PM

Anolog-X: You said it, lighter and with a time period in most cases 15-90 days and with limitations like no export. If all they all keep giving away full apps then nobody is going to rush out and pay full price anymore. Others offer content also. Free is great for people who like free stuff, who doesn't? Free stuff is not the life blood of the cummunity though. The people who paid full price just got stung. The sites still selling the app just got stung(can't sell it when it's free). Who besides the obvious reap benefits? Everyone concerned? Your have your opinion. That's okay by me. Freebies attract dead beats sometimes and they don't keep the community healthy with money they aren't spending if they don't have to. Freebies have gotten darn good and probably to plentiful. Band width costs money. Hard facts, sorry if it offends. My opinion only. Happy renders everyone!

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 4:31 PM

Your see more then one thread now over at DAZ on checkout troubles and on the getting  "One Free Masters Series Product!"
Was said do not copy and paste the coupon code but to type it out works.

But I no longer have the coupon code so still things are not working right.
Where did it go?

Plus there is the Platinum Club that cost but you get to buy things for even less and they have lots and lots of things for $1.99 and you get a $5 Voucher FREE Every Month.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/platinum/0/-/?

So a great deal for those who spend money all the time buying.

But I say there is lots of great free software and free version of the paid version that are the same or limited in some way. Some are limited more then others and some may have a nag that drive you crazy were other you may not even know your using a limited free version. Like Terragen I think the free version your only limited in the size of the image you make.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 7:21 PM · edited Wed, 13 June 2007 at 7:23 PM

hewee: Thanks for the tip that worked!!!!.  I typed bry55masters all in lower case and it worked.

Hey I have an idea.

Maybe we can each download one of the Free Bryce Masters series and do an exchange?

I'm downloading "The Block" which is split into 15 Files.

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 10:09 PM

**Analog-X,
**Glad you got it to work but you also had a coupon to use and I don't so till I get one I can not even try to download any of the "Free Masters Series Item's".
The one I was going to get is "Bryce Masters Series The Block" that is also over 400MB so is now.

They most be doing something there because not many new post over there or I don't thing there is.
Firefox keeps locking up. At first just at the Forum Index page and then other parts of the forum.
After 6 to 8 times I gave up.
Maybe that is why there was not many post because others are having trouble getting there or it is locking things up for them too.
I had to keep doing a CAD to shut down Firefox that had a (Not Responding) by it.

Wow Bryce Masters Series The Block is in 15 files for a very good reason and that is the size of all of it. 

I would wait as it has only been a day and you got two weeks to get the software and they know things are screwed up so they got things to fix over there.
Reason for the Gift Certificates or Vouchers code is so you have it in your account there because if you don't have it in your account you can't use the code because it's no good. I can see that because it keeps one from getting the code and giving it out to others. Protects what they have there.

So I will wait for them to fix things there. They may even add more days to the free Bryce Masters Series Free to make up for the days it has not worked right. 

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 10:47 PM

I Never heard back from support they must be super busy.

I use FireFox with and ad block program, and it works just fine.

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2007 at 12:47 AM

I think maybe the lockup troubles at DAZ may of been my PC or the Flash I should say. I disable the flash and things were ok. Turn the flash on and went to another site that I knew would load flash and it locked up. This happens now and then and only thing you can do is shut down the PC to clear what ever so it loads the flash right. Never ever had troubles with flash till Adobe took it over. But lots and lots of flash ads at DAZ so guess each time it locked up is because a flash ad was loading.
I use Firefox and have a batch file to kill the flash and a big hosts file to block most ads.
Maybe I should look into the ad block again. Had it on once but I seemed to be covered in  most ad blocking with the hosts file but it does not stop all ads and will not stop any if they are hosted at the same site you want to go to.

No I have not heard back from support but it's only been a short time really and you know they are busy with all the bugs at the site.
Just think how many go to the site and how many buy things and if they can't checkout it is a big lost to them.

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 5:12 PM

Last night I when to the DAZ support page and clicked my way around to get to the page you can send them a email. Don't know why they call it email because it's all done at there site.
Well was just over there and was at a page and seen another free thing I added to my list to download but got a error that my address was not right and to check it. So did it again because all my info on name and address was right. But then I went to the "View Orders" and did not see anything listed so that was why I did it again. Now the site is down so can't do anything there but I still had the "View Orders" page open and I had gotten two emails on DAZ Order Confirmation and looked at them. They were not on what I just picked on the order that did not go tru but it said...Bryce Masters Series: ... The Block Ma... 0 @ $12.48 = $0.00
The Backstreets By Nig... Explore the ... 1 @ $0.00 = $0.00
And the 2nd email only had...The Backstreets By Nig... Explore the ... 1 @ $0.00 = $0.00

Now I see I still did not get the Bryce Masters Series but I had it in the list still but changed the 1 to 0 as you can see in order above. 
But I then said what I get not 1 but 2 DAZ Order Confirmation and I don't see it listed in the download page. So I looked again and it was listed but it was at the bottom of the page and not added to the top like it has alway been in the pass. 
So I got the 'Backstreets By Night - North" listed at the bottom but can not get them because the site is down, keeps timing out or only get a blank page. Also when ever you have something added to your download list under the "D/L Attempts Remaining" you have 4 attempts listed. Well I have 11 each "Backstreets By Night - North (MAC)" and "Backstreets By Night - North (PC)"

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 7:42 PM

Ok I screwed up in the above post.
The Backstreets was what DAZ had added to the downloads for me to get when the new site came back and I had already gotten it the other day when I got bryce 5.5.
So that too the Download attempts down to 3 and the two orders I goofed up making today as the site was going down added 4 attemps each so that is 8 to the 3 I had from the other day so that adds up to the 11 and that was why it was at the bottom of the download list.
Maybe the site was screwing up too if it was to say no to the download because I already had it listed and that was the reason for the error I got but again it still gave me my order.
But now I have a DAZ Order Confirmation email where the other day I did not because I never added it to my download but DAZ did. 

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 8:56 PM · edited Fri, 15 June 2007 at 9:00 PM

hewee: Did you get the ad block program for firefox? Its one of the top 10 rated Add-Ons for FireFox, without it, Renderosity crashes on me.

I got this error when adding "Backstreets by night - north"

"There is a problem with the address you've selected for this order, or you did not specify an address, and so you cannot complete the checkout. Please correct this to continue.
There was no charge for this order."

But the file still appeard in my download page and only PC Version.  I used to get both Mac and PC version when I selected downloads, but now with the new version of the site, I only get PC Version.

Looks like they did an extreme makeover and didnt do a good job of testing it before going live with it.

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 9:53 PM

Analog-X,

No I never got the ad block program for firefox. It is something I tried and maybe I could some added ads I have most under control with my hosts file blocking out 71,971 sites. :) Just got the newer HostsMan 3.0.41 installed today. 
This site does not crash on me. It is the DAZ site that is all the trouble and I do kill the flash before going there now because that helps pages load faster or I think it does because it is hard to tell but I think it helps.
Yep that was the error I got twice. :)
Why don't you get both the PC and Mac version? Then on some things you get the Poser and Daz versions for PC and Mac.
Maybe we should start coping are links we have for the downloads and posting them. But I don't know if it effects your account or not. Guess it may work but don't want to get into trouble either.

Yea I know there are so many post on what is bad over there that I stop reading them because there are just to many.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.