Fri, Sep 20, 8:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Eyebrows with V4.1?

psnoobie ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 2:23 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:38 AM

file_383772.jpg

Here I have 2 renders, one is with the head made invisible in params and the other obviously visible. the eyebrows body part is visible in both renders. As you can see in the head_invisible shot, you can see the eyebrows. the head body part has a head texture map with eyebrows removed. I want to change the color of the brows. How do make the eyebrows show on the head with both visible? their are no params to transform any part of the eyebrow body part in v4.1 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 3:04 PM

The eyebrows for V4.1 require a transmap so plug one into the 1_Eyebrows node in the material room and render.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

psnoobie ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 3:28 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2007 at 3:30 PM

Thanx for the reply. Their is a transmap in the eyebrow node, and when the head is visible as above the eyebrows are not seen. the transmap is visible in the shot on the left side of the above pic. these are pics

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 3:53 PM

In the Properties box, did you enable the Eyesbrows for visibility?  If you didn't, they won't show up.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

psnoobie ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 4:16 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2007 at 4:17 PM

file_383783.jpg

Hi again. I did. Here's a pic, rendered in poser 7, the right half is using firefly with radiosity, and the left half is poser 4 renderer. How do i get firefly to render like poser 4?

psnoobie ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 4:30 PM

Hi again. I figured out my problem. I had "Use Displacement Maps" checked in the firefly render settings. Once i unchecked it, my eyebrows rendered as they should. Thanx for your help. I appreciate it. :)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 4:51 PM

file_383787.jpg

I'm not so sure that's your problem.  I've attached a snapshot of my default render settings and, as you can see, I always use the "Use Displacement Maps" because my characters always have displacement mapping.  I'll follow with the render.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 4:52 PM

file_383788.jpg

This is my render using the Firefly render engine and raytracing.  I included my properties box so you can see my settings for the eyeBrow zone.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

surreality ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 8:22 PM

Does the skin have displacement set on it? If so, it might be displacing beyond the normal bounds the spacing between it and the brows allows for, and 'covering' up the brows as a result.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

psnoobie ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 8:39 PM

Found it! You were correct surreality. the displacement map i had in the head skin map was getting in the way of the brows. when I cleared the displacement check box in the material room for the head tex-map, my brows rendered as they should with "Use displacement Maps" checked in render settings. Thanks to both you, surrealtiy, and Victoria_Lee for your help. I'm still a student of poser and i have just been taught. Thanx again.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:10 PM

You could, also, have lowered the displacement value to allow for the displacement map to work alongside the transmap for the eyebrows.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

psnoobie ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 12:57 PM

Thank you Victoria_Lee. It works! I have another question though. Is their any way to make an INJ pose to toggle visiblity of the eyebrows so that when the user click on it from the library the eyebrows become visible and hide when the REM is clicked? just curious. thanx. and thanx for your help.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:11 PM

Quote - I have another question though. Is their any way to make an INJ pose to toggle visiblity of the eyebrows so that when the user click on it from the library the eyebrows become visible and hide when the REM is clicked? just curious. thanx. and thanx for your help.

Can't do that because it's not a morph that's being injected, it's a material zone that has to be enabled to work.  I'm working on a new V4.1 character and I've put detailed instructions on how to enable and use transmapped eyebrows in the Readme.  I've, also, made sure my displacement mapping doesn't hide the zone, which is what was happening to you.  

You're welcome for the help.  I've learned a lot in these forums and I try to pass on what I was taught to others.  That's what makes the forums so nice.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

psnoobie ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:15 PM

Great! looking forward to the new character. especially the readme. I too have learned quite a bit from the forum here. clearly the best forum for ideas, and info on poser, and others. thanx again for the reply, and tute. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.