Sun, Oct 6, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: 64-bit Poser Pro announced.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 4:57 PM

Quote - This talk of hobbyist being "abandonded" by a new version of poser
is just just silly myopic,selfish,entitlement for life, netizen nonsense!!!
there are people still running poser 4-5-6
that fact that those versions are no longger being developed
has not stopped users from rendering in them.

On this point we agree 100%.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 12:02 AM · edited Fri, 10 August 2007 at 12:05 AM

Well....

Although I am not a fan of non-linear versions of Poser, I think this is fun news.  My guess is eventually this version, like ProPack, will become a base for all future versions of Poser.

I suspect this may actually have started as Poser 8, considering this have "marking department" written all over it. It will be interesting to see if like PhotoShop CS, this is a name change and/or how an actual Poser 8 will differ.

Personally I think the "professional" marketing angle is very last  decade, but I think it sounds great regardless.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

ghonma ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 1:27 AM · edited Fri, 10 August 2007 at 1:28 AM

Quote - Although I am not a fan of non-linear versions of Poser, I think this is fun news.  My guess is eventually this version, like ProPack, will become a base for all future versions of Poser.

Agreed... this how it works in most cases. The cutting edge stuff goes in the expensive version first, but eventually trickles down to the other versions as well. The early adopters pay for the bragging rights and the rest lag behind but also avoid the bugs.

Quote - Anyone considered that a version of poser with serious integration with other "high-end" 3d apps would make it a prospective aquisition?

Haha, 'Autodesk Poser 8 pro'

Or iPoser ?

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 9:38 AM

Quote - Dudes, you talk a lot

I simply hate 'Professional' word added to new Poser. Perhaps marketing people at eF thought 'Professional' word convert Poser in a serious 3D software (taking sounds of previous 'professional' versions of software like Office, XP, Nero Burning-Rom, etc). Using poser content in Carrara, 3DMax or Maya doesn't convert a software in professional, but its result. I mean: a software fully functional without waiting a second SR pack

I'll follow earn money with my 'unprofessional' Poser7 by the moment   :P

Interesting. Did you also have a problem with Poser 4 ProPack? :b_unbelievable:

jugoth ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 4:07 PM

Now will it work with vista 64 or be xp 64 compatible as vista 64 wont have a lot of drivers or software support, vista 32 will get most.
Again like xp home and xp pro vista 64 will have safety features that would not be included in vista 32, so vista 64 better for search Internet than vista 32.
If you look at what vista 32 can do then what vista 64 can do i bet ya a lot of 32 bit vista users gonna be screaming holy murder, as their are some very juicy safety features in vista 64 that will make vista 32 users green with envy.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 4:37 PM

I'm still betting that we may see either weightmapping or sub-D polys implemented, as well as a GUI facelift... The real question is going to be what the upgrade price will be....

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 3:40 PM · edited Sat, 11 August 2007 at 3:42 PM

This is what someone  in the C4d Forum reported fresh back siggraph 07

"I just came back from Siggraph. and did some grilling over at the EF booth, and at no time did they say that any rigging would be involved with ANY of the export options from Poser Pro, in fact they were very specific in saying that animation export would be completely handled using deformers."

Yep Just NON interactive "hosting"
just like the old propack4

meaning the physics/dynamics engine of LW /MAX etc. will ignore your "hosted"poser figure
you want to change clothes/hair/expression you go BACK to poser and resave.

Oh well i suppose a "guest appearance" in a high end app for rendering only is better than not  at all

My website

YouTube Channel

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 4:57 PM

thanks for that Wolf. So, it's about the same as the "BodyStudio" solution, which ain't that terrif. I have a Max 1-month trial and Body Studio and Poser 7, and in my attempts to get it humming, it does not "guest host" textures and shaders very well. Textures either not found (even though all my paths are easy and correct), or you get a memory error on V4 hi-res skin texture maps.

I am very much on a new belief system: Actual, live 3DS Max . I know, I know, $3500, but I am getting to the point of 'enough already.'

However, I would still want to get 'poser-universe' assets into Max, and ambiously would like to get more than just mesh. I'd like morphs and texture maps also. Rigging? I don't know....poser rigging ain't Max rigging. Shaders? They have to be at minimum tweaked, why bother. Just get me the mesh, the texture maps and the morphs into Max. 

I still look forward to Poser Pro.
Anybody want to make long shot speculation on price?
If Poser 7 now costs $249......

My guess is Poser Pro $499
Upgrades for Poser 4/5/6/7 owners: $199

If the new render engine turns out to be VRay in disguise, then all bets are off.

::::: Opera :::::

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 5:47 PM · edited Sat, 11 August 2007 at 5:50 PM

"thanks for that Wolf. So, it's about the same as the "BodyStudio" solution, which ain't that terrif. I have a Max 1-month trial and Body Studio
and Poser 7, and in my attempts to get it humming, it does not "guest host" textures and shaders very well. Textures either not found
(even though all my paths are easy and correct), or you get a memory error on V4 hi-res skin texture maps.

I ***am very much on a new belief system: Actual, live 3DS Max . I know, I know, $3500, but I am getting to the point of 'enough already.'

However, I would still want to get 'poser-universe' assets into Max, and ambiously would like to get more than just mesh.
I'd like morphs and texture maps also. Rigging? I don't know....poser rigging ain't Max rigging. Shaders? They have to be
 at minimum tweaked, why bother. Just get me the mesh, the texture maps and the morphs into Max."***

Yes "Hosting" does have it limits as we learned with the older poser4 propack.
Im so glad we have at least one dedicated Cinema4D prgrammer/user
who successfully took on the task of creating a plugin that truly enables all poser functionality
(Sans Shaders&Python),
 within cinema4D including morhp dials ,erc,and conforming to the point of not needing poser at all
 just a proper runtime that you browse and load from within Cinema!!

"If the new render engine turns out to be VRay in disguise, then all bets are off"

What "new render engine"???
from all the press ive read its just the same old slow firefly
that now recognizes on 64 bit OS systems and will do network rendering. 

My website

YouTube Channel

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 11:02 AM

That was fast!  We usually wait a year or two between versions!

I was expecting alot of this stuff from Poser 7, I wonder if they just should have postponed the release?

Kaji ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 12:23 PM

I just installed P7 on XP 64 and I have to say that it behaves horribly. Daz studio has no problems even though it is only a 32 bit app. e frontier needs to update P7 instead of making us buy another program! I'm sticking with Daz studio and only opening Poser to use Wardrobe Wizard.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.