Fri, Jul 19, 7:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 19 11:16 am)

Subject: Textures for P4 Lo-res people?

deljs ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 9:42 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:07 PM

Where can I find free textures for the P4 Lo-res man and woman? Are these characters mapped? Thanks!

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 10:28 PM

P4 came with a compete set of templates in TIFF format.  If you don't 
have them, you can run the OBJ files through UVmapper and get some 
templates to work with.   

I doubt that you'll find lots of interesting textures.  If any are still
around, Posetteforever.com will likely have them.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

deljs ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 10:39 PM

I don't see them (P6). Guess I'll make some. :-) Thanks for the reply!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 10:53 PM

I have a texture/character set for Posette that I had in freestuff for awhile. It was removed due to losing my server for a bit. Now I have a new server and a new site so I will put it back in freestuff for all to use. And in a few minutes I'll shrink an image so it will fit here for you to see. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 11:01 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_385099.jpg

Okay, the image of my set...Mahania. The hair is African Princess by Darkworld and not included with the package.

deljs ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 11:22 PM

Cool, Looks good. Will this tex fit the Lo version? Looking forward to the re-up. Thanks alot!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 11:58 PM

I'm not sure about the lo-res version. I'll need a day or two to go through my backup files to get the correct file and then i'll upload it here. Anyone who wants to to adapt it for the lo-res version is free to do so. :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 3:55 PM

IIRC, the lo rez figures are mapped differently than Posette and Dork.

I don't think I've ever seen textures for the low rez people actually. Too bad because they will act well as background fillers.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

deljs ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 4:26 PM

Yep, that was my plan for their lives - background fillers. At only a couple thousand polys each, they're mighty light. The other side of this is that as bg fillers, you probably can't see much texture detail anyway. I'm seeing that a matte shader with a touch of SSS is looking pretty reasonable from a distance.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 4:38 PM

if seeking P2 textures, there are several in the top level of the textures folder in the P7 runtime. dunno about P6.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2007 at 5:07 PM · edited Sat, 11 August 2007 at 5:10 PM

I once re-mapped the P4 Lo people to the standard P4 maps using UVmapper Classic but I don't know where those figures are now. Didn't take much work.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 12:02 AM

Hmm, well I'm just about to finish my M3 text.character so I'll give it a try to do a couple of textures for the lo-rez folks anfd I'll make then freebies.

When they're ready i'll post a notice in the Freestuff forum.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 12:13 AM · edited Sun, 12 August 2007 at 12:22 AM

Any interest in a Ultra Low Res Figure that takes Unimesh textures and poses? Can you tell who is who?How bout now?

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 1:06 AM

Joe, is your reslo available? Can I have a copy?

deljs ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 1:57 AM

BluEcho, Thanks so much for your time and trouble! Appreciated! Joe@HFG, Absolutely got my interest! I could use 30. Thanks All This community rocks!

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 10:27 AM · edited Sun, 12 August 2007 at 10:30 AM

I'm planning on submitting him to DAZ3D as soon as I finish all his morphs. He's close enough to M3 that if DAZ rejects him, I'll have RTE encode him to M3. He was SUPPOSED to be done by June 31st, but I've been plauged with computer trouble all summer. I've had 3 machine go down for NO LOGICAL reason. Not Power, not OS releated. Just poof. I'm currently working on a 128MB Celeron 1.1Ghz system with 4MB built in graphics :-( Moving vertexs is like play golf. You wak it, see where it lands, and then switch tools to take another hit. I'll see if I can package up an LE version with no morphs for beta testers. One note. Reslo saves on memory not only by lower res body, but by removing his hand articulation. In the final version this will be handled by hand morphs rather than an articulated hand rig. You probably don't realize it, but each hand by itself is just as complex a rig as the rest of the figure without them. 16 joints to push around 208 polygons seems waistful. Reslo also has no toes. Even on M3 the toes aren't articulated, and for the distance he's supposed to be used at it shouldn't really matter. Displace This is an example of M3 in front, and Reslo in back with a custom Displace map to add definition. If I ever get functional again, I'm planing on making and including a series of Displace maps to add defnition to Reslo. It will be an SVG file so you can render it out to any bitmap resolution you want. If there is enough demand, I may try to make toes with a displace map.

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 6:25 PM

file_385215.jpg

1. Yes the P4-Lo Res figures are mapped 2. I use them a LOT 3. Only thing I changed was the mapping of the head in uvmapper free 4. I did morph them extremely 5. I'll try to include a sample

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 6:30 PM

file_385217.jpg

a second sample Remember, these are the P4 LO RES female figures. But Morphed in anim8or The clothing is in the texrure and the displacement map The long jeans is just the morphed origional figure The boots are in the texture and the displacement map

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 6:32 PM

file_385218.jpg

And a third sample P4 LO Res female

Click pics to enlarge

Tony V

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 6:39 PM

file_385219.jpg

Save her please. Just to show that even the Lo Res figures, you can include emotions by playing with texture and morphs.

deljs ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 6:45 PM

Wow! Impressive work for sure. I'm definitely getting inspired!

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 10:47 AM

Nice work on the P4 Low girls. I almost considered using them as a base for Reslo, but decided I was better off starting from scratch. I have delusions of making him a sale item in some fashion and figured being connected M3 was legal hassle enough. :-p He's about 900 Polys less than the Second Life Avatars. So I'm hoping I can convince DAZ to offer him under a commercial licence that will allow people to use the actual geometry in their games. I imagine the same licence could be applied to second skin texture makers, allowing unimesh texture providers to enjoy a new market.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 1:16 PM

Joe, should you use geometry swiching for the hands? Could do the same for the head but I did get good expressions with morphs on the P2 heads. What every you come up with I hope I can afford.

Vilters, your figures are so cool. I have not gotten close to that in my own attemps.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 6:08 PM

file_385311.jpg

This remapping was the only liberty I took on the basic P4 Lo Res model. All the rest is in the morphing and the displacement and texture mapping. Even the hair, the pants and boots are in the morphing and mapping.

I do adapt the chest for clothed or naked people. You can see the difference between the first and the second pictures above.
Also : I have made a lot of expression morphs for the face. = easy, not a lot of points. ==> Even the pony tail in in the basic figure. = Not visible above.
And the first pic has a "proper" hair prop. And was rendered without the displacement map. So, no boots, pants  or nipples displacement on this one. ==> All those details go in the displacement map, as there are so few points .
Easy, Easy, maybe I am lazy? ? LOL.

Mouth and eyes morphs are quick. You will not use these people for close -up work, so it can be rather " brute".
The difference will not be visible from a normal posing distance.

TonyV

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 11:05 PM

I made a texture for the Lores female but when I did a render all I got was the skin color. there are no templates so iused the existing map as a template and made a new texture but that doesn't work. Or have I just used the wrong model? I used the Lores nude female in the poser3 folder.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 4:15 AM

The obj you need is in the Poser 4 Lo folder, Blendlowom.obj.
You can use uvmapper to create a skin map.

They came with Poser 4, 5, 6, 7, but did NOT come with Poser 3.
Poser 3 has the Poser 1 figures, Poser 2 High and Lo res , and Poser 3 figures.

TonyV

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 3:18 PM

vilters, thanks. I've made my templates for both, the male and female, and now can work on them. My Mahania for Possette won't work on this but now that I see the correct map, I can and will adapt it(except for the morphs). You'll now find Mahania in my freestuff here, it's BE4Mahania for P$ Female.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 2:39 PM

file_385583.png

i've been working on the lo-res female and here is what I have so far... wish the lips, eyes and nose were better defined on the template.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 2:40 PM

file_385584.png

Here is a back view...

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 4:24 PM

That mapping looks promessing.
Did you remap the face area also?

Next step would be the morphing, right?
The breasts are too big ( as usual ) and too high on the chest ( as usual )

They are great little models to work with.
TonyV

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 5:17 PM

no remapping at all.

Just opened it in UV mapper and saved as BMP to see what I could do.

I'll leave the morphing to someone else unless I can figure how to do it with magnets. LOL.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 6:08 PM

If you know what you want the result has to look like, i'll be glad to help you out.
Feel free to mail the info to :
tony.vilters@pandora.be

I export the different groups from Poser onto anim8or to do the required morphing.
the results are morph targets, you can import back into Poser.

The P4 Lo res figures are Poly wise Lo Res, but a detailed (read rather large texture of about 3000x2000 ) can bring them to live.
Even eyes and lips and facial expressions become possible, if needed for your project.

TonyV

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 3:48 AM

file_385814.jpg

I've finished the texture set for the female.

As for morphs, I'll leave that alone for now.
The set,  MahaniaP4Lo-Res Female,  was just uploaded to freestuff and should be available soon.

Here's an image of the results....

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:52 PM · edited Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:55 PM

Quote - Joe, should you use geometry swiching for the hands? Could do the same for the head but I did get good expressions with morphs on the P2 heads.

I don't want to use Geom Switching for the hands (Like the old Poser people did) because morphs will actually allow for animatable hand movment between poses. There is just no benefit to using Geometry switching on the hands. Here's a little sample of some included face morphs. ResloFaces> Quote - What every you come up with I hope I can afford.

It's really going to be up to DAZ. I'm going to try for under $10 sale price.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.