Fri, Sep 20, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: The Sorcerer's Apprentice-help, how do you stop the **** Cloth Room working???

Colin_S ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 7:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:26 AM

Frames set to 30 on the New Simulation button and the counter at the bottom, and the thing's gone beresk (as we say in the wilds of Geordieland), 118 frames and counting, at high speed too,.... I can't switch Poser off, it even overrides the Task Manager End Task button. When I stopped laughing  I pulled the plug out.......

The real problem is the Cloth Room is failing to drape Carib98's excellent peasant gown to Vicky 3. Following the tutorials here, the gown arms go nowhere near Vicky's arms when loaded in the Pose Room, zeroing her and the gown makes no difference at all. There is no way the gown can be scaled or moved so that the arms fit Vicky's arms while the rest of the gown stays on her body.
If I physically move her shoulders and forearms in the Pose Room to fit the gown arms, the Cloth Room moves them back again. The drape fails every time, I'm stuck. 

Is theren a way of 're-matching' figure and clothing, perhaps by parenting  and saving to the library and bringing back??
Carib98 - beautifully done piece of kit.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 8:05 AM

I've used Carib's wonderful dynamic stuff loads of times with P6 and 7 so I'm thinking you have something else wrong here!

Which version of Poser are you using, is it up to date with all the required updates?
What's your pc spec?
Do you have anything else running that might be interfering with it?

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 9:02 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2007 at 9:07 AM

your mistake i'm afraid, not Carib's, you are starting your simulation with the "Start draping from zero pose" option checked, in the simulation options, you need to uncheck this to start the simulation calculations from the adjusted pose, and not the "zeroed pose"

with it checked it is gonna alter the V3 pose back to zero, which is how it was before you adjusted the pose to fit inside the gown, you should always adjust the figure pose to fit the gown as you do not know whether the cloth was actually made for the default vicky or one that had had a morph already applied to it.

also worth checking (as i can't see your results) that you have the cloth colliding against V3 figure ( that's where you will see the checked "start draping from zero pose"option) and maybe the ground (if nessersary) a good tip is to hide the hair (if already placed on figure) before selecting the "collide against" options, as with it hidden you get into less trouble during the simulation calculations.

hope that fixes it for ya.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 11:56 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Colin_S ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 4:20 PM

Thanks vince.

Unchecking 'Start from zero pose' makes the thing work. Also needs great care that the cloth does not touch V3s arms when fitting.

I wasn't slagging Carib's work; the other clothing worked first time, with a beautiful flow and form when rendered.

vince3 ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 6:32 AM

i was only windin' you up,

glad it fixed it, i always make sure that there is no poke through too, others say they don't get problems even if they have poke through but i always have, so i always pose the arms, shoulders,forearms to fit the cloth, sometimes i scale the cloth a bit x,y,z if i'm playing with big boobies (but that's another story)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.