Sat, Oct 5, 12:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WOW! What a difference in View Counts!

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 5:28 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:42 PM

I've only been posting my free items here in the forum for the past two months and linking the posts to my Gallery. Saturday I actually submitted 5 of my freebies to the freebie section here and nearly tripled my views on those items in just the past 17 hours that they've been available in the freebie section. People really aren't reading the forum here as often as they check the freebie section are they? What an eye opener!

My Freebies

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 6:25 PM

If I need something in particular I always check the freestuff and do a search for it.  And yes, I do that more often than I visit the forum. :D

Annie

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 6:30 PM

AFAIK, approx. 1 - 2% of members here read the forums.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 8:14 PM

There you go with that AFAIK stuff again miss nancy!

Runs away >   :b_crying:

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 9:09 PM

AFAIK=As Far As I Know 😄

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 9:15 PM

Well it definately shows. 😉

My Freebies

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 10:02 PM

man, I gotta remember: AFAICT, L_S hates it when I type "AFAIK". oh, wait, I get it - A FAIK as in "a fake". nobody here is "a fake" IMVHO. they're are real persons and as right as rain, I tell ya!

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 10:04 PM

Yup! I'm peeing in the shower as I type this. 😊

My Freebies

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 11:10 PM

You have a waterproof keyboard? :blink:

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 11:59 PM

Matrixworkz - if someone surfed the first freebie from here, then collected the rest from your sharing webpage, the freebie hits here at Rendo may not reflect all the downloads happening.  So, they could be even more popular, eh.

Eternal Hobbyist

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:06 AM

Quote - You have a waterproof keyboard? :blink:

Haven't you ever heard of Keyboard Condoms? 😉

Quote - Matrixworkz - if someone surfed the first freebie from here, then collected the rest from your sharing webpage, the freebie hits here at Rendo may not reflect all the downloads happening.  So, they could be even more popular, eh.

Oh I understand that completely but when i saw the download counts here after only the first 12 hours or so of being online in the freestuff here, i was amazed.  I just wasn't aware of how low the forum readership was compared to how many people puruse the freebies section here. It was an eye opener.

My Freebies

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:17 AM

Wait, wait, wait...keyboard condoms? :huh:

:lol:

~Jani

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:34 AM

Quote - Wait, wait, wait...keyboard condoms? :huh:

Known as ziplock bags to the rest of us

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:49 AM

condom: n.1. The protective plastic bag that accompanies 3.5-inch microfloppy diskettes. Rarely, also used of (paper) disk envelopes. Unlike the write protect tab, the condom (when left on) not only impedes the practice of SEX but has also been shown to have a high failure rate as drive mechanisms attempt to access the disk — and can even fatally frustrate insertion.

1. The protective cladding on a light pipe.

3. keyboard condom: A flexible, transparent plastic cover for a keyboard, designed to provide some protection against dust and programming fluid without impeding typing.

1. elephant condom: the plastic shipping bags used inside cardboard boxes to protect hardware in transit.

2. n. obs. A dummy directory /usr/tmp/sh, created to foil the Great Worm by exploiting a portability bug in one of its parts. So named in the title of a comp.risks article by Gene Spafford during the Worm crisis, and again in the text of The Internet Worm Program: An Analysis, Purdue Technical Report CSD-TR-823.

My Freebies

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:57 PM

snickers@ziplock bags Thats about my speed :lol:

@Matrix: Ohhhhh I know what they are now...never knew they were called condoms tho....how odd :laugh:

~Jani

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 5:41 PM

Yup! And here I'll bet you thought I was making it up. :tt2:

My Freebies

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 8:06 PM

Quote - Haven't you ever heard of Keyboard Condoms? 😉

Is this a hint of what you are working on for your next freebee??????? :woot:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:30 PM

Hrmmmm....I think that's more likely someone else's speciality. :tt2: While I may be a Poser Perv with Puddin' Pop's for Laura, I keep my Freebies strictly PG. 😉

My Freebies

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 1:32 AM

Quote - Yup! And here I'll bet you thought I was making it up

I sure did LOL!

~Jani

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 3:05 AM

Clowns scare me.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 3:07 AM

Quote - Matrixworkz - if someone surfed the first freebie from here, then collected the rest from your sharing webpage, the freebie hits here at Rendo may not reflect all the downloads happening.  So, they could be even more popular, eh.

Matrix sorry I cheated you out of some hits, as ^that^ is exactly what I did.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 10:41 AM

LS, that doesn't cheat me out of hits. I get credit for each page of mine viewed on that site independant of how many hits I get on this site. Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

My Freebies

Rose ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 5:13 AM

Attached Link: Rose

> Quote - AFAIK, approx. 1 - 2% of members here read the forums.

That's too bad!  I LOVE reading the forums!

BTW the 1 - 2 % that read the forums surely do make the forums look quite busy/popular and if that's just a percentage of the total member number then that means that renderosity has a lot of members!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.