Mon, Sep 9, 3:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Textures for props

bb2000dk ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 12:51 PM ยท edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 2:26 PM

Does anybody knows how to attached wallbricks to props. With only few bricks I need to tile them to fit wall. Thanks for helping

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 2:54 PM

I think there's a trick you can do with UVmapper to get an OBJ to tile the texture. The thread is in here somewhere, I'll have to hunt it down.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 2:55 PM

Normally a "Brick Wall" would be done in Poser with a solid flat obj and the brick "texturing" is created using a BUMP map. To tile separate brick objects you are in for a HUGE file!

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 3:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=129657

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=129657

Lovely Lady ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 3:46 PM

This is what Steve posted at the Poserforum a while back for the tile trick in UVMapper. I saved it. Okay, you're mapping a WALL So this should work. Open the prop in UVMapper from an OBJ file Select the geometries then EDIT/NEW UVMAP/PLANAR In the dialog box select DON'T SPLIT. The map should probably be allong the Z Axis as well. Hit OKAY. Hit the * key. Once, to tile 4 times. Twice to tile 16 times. Hit the HOME Key (why is unimportant, just do it) Hit ENTER Now go to File/SAVE MODEL Save the model, and import into poser.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 9:22 PM

THANK YOU! I've been going nuts with the same problem. No matter how big I make the 'brick wall texture' it still stretches like mad. I'm talking a 6 meg sized textures...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.