Sun, Oct 6, 5:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: New gripe and whine thread!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 5:05 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:22 AM

Please feel free to post your random OT gripes and whines!

Our company just laid off about 20% of it's staff here... due to a slump in the housing market.
Can I say, I'm pooping my pants! sniffle

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 5:23 PM

Ouch Connie...

Victoria 4's Morphforms are currently pissing me off. The control morphs for posing the arms, torso, etc, are great BUT when you want to save them as poses for distribution, you have no choice but to save the pose with morphs, and then go into each pose with a text editor and strip out all the extraneous information. So far it's taken me about 3 times as long to edit all the files as it did to make the 30 poses in the first place.

Also, one of my cats (Forum Cat) keeps waking me up in the night by scratching on my wardrobe door. I even got up last night and opened the door - I was ready to shut her inside the bloody wardrobe - and she looked at me as if to say "Duh" and walked back around to the door, leant on it to shut the thing, and recommenced scratching. I'm shutting them in the kitchen tonight.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 5:36 PM

oh can i ... 
i dont like people asking  things and when you give a anwser ... they dont even bother to say "thnx" or anything for that matter  ..but just hop to the new question they have...
Sooo that clears my day 😉
Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 6:34 PM

It really ticks me off when I'm waiting for oncoming traffic to clear to make a left and the last two or three on coming cars race up to the interesection with no blinkers on and make abrupt right turns and I could have easily made my left safely long before.

Turn on your friggin' blinkers, signal your intentions and think of the other person.

::::: Opera :::::

cindyx ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 6:46 PM

operaguy... I'm with you.  That makes me really mad too.  In fact, it just happened to me about an hour ago!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 7:01 PM

I tried ordering an item from air miles for the second time in 3 months, and both times when the item arrived it was the wrong model number! So now I have to go through the inconvenience of returning the same fan I returned to them 1 month ago!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 7:51 PM

I just want to complain that this isn't the "New grapes and wine thread". Sorry. My mind just did that to the words when I was reading the title. :laugh: My biggest gripe is all the politicians in Washington are still there! Haven't we shaken it out over a trash can yet?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 8:56 PM

A 15 MPH speed sign in a school zone means you go 15 mph,  NOT MULTIPLES OF 15!
(I.E. 30, 45, 60 etc.)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:18 PM · edited Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:19 PM

Silly people like SoCalRoberta who don't understand that you're supposed to reverse the digits and then go the higher of the two speeds ;p

j/k - yeah, they annoy me as well, especially when they're behind me. "hello, you cannot go faster than the car in front of you!". And then, 5 minutes later on a major thoroughfare, where 98% of everyone is speeding, I get stuck behind either the 1% who are going the speed limit (annoying, but ok) or the 1% who are going WAY TOO SLOW!!!

Or idiots who slow down/clog the lane/access road, when they could have pulled into the huge parking lot much sooner. Attention morons: you only need to slow down right before your turn, NOT 30 minutes before.

People who only have to drive 10 minutes to get to work, but complain when it takes them an extra couple of minutes. For the reasons above. /looks at self ;p

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:23 PM

Too freak'n many content sales going on here and elsewhere right now! My poor debit card is about ready to scream!. :cursing:

I'm a freak'n guy for petes sake, and I can't pass up a sale on Girl's clothes, Girl's hair styles and Girl's makeup(texture-character sets). I think I need to see a shrink!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:46 PM

Quote - Too freak'n many content sales going on here and elsewhere right now! My poor debit card is about ready to scream!. :cursing:

I'm a freak'n guy for petes sake, and I can't pass up a sale on Girl's clothes, Girl's hair styles and Girl's makeup(texture-character sets). I think I need to see a shrink!

Finally a guy that's beginning to understand us wimminz :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:50 PM

I have absolutely nothing to gripe or whine about.

And if you believe that, you may be interested in a bridge I have for sale.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 1:54 AM

People that do 40mph in a 60 zone AND brake to 20mph every time the road has the slightest kink in it, then STILL do 40 when they enter a 30mph zone.............Steve

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:13 AM

We have  a section of road that drops from 70 to 50 mph and what pisses me off is the dick wads that brake when entering the zone instaed of just lifting off the accelerator and letting the engine do the braking!!!   Aaaaarrrgrgghghhhh!!!!
It's like "I must brake now or 50 yards into the zone the cops'll get me!!"
Tossers!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:17 AM

Having to go to work on a Saturday morning when you'd just rather have a lazy day spent in the 3D art world.

wus ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:27 AM

where i live, there are hundreds, if not thousands of help-centers of all kinds for women. there are 3 (three!) for (hetero) men.

smallspace ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:47 AM

Just got moved from swing shift to day shift, so instead of getting to work at 3:30 in the afternoon, I have to get up at 4:00 in the morning to be at work by 5:00!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:53 AM

I second Sorm! Saturday is not for work in my mind.

btw, happy to see you again Storm!!

My Store

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 6:21 AM

I hate truck drivers who try to force me to go over the speed limit just because they're in a hurry. I slow down that'll teach them.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 1:00 PM

Has to be taxi drivers who park in the middle of the road to let a fare in/out when there is a space available only a couple of cars length away.... i mean why?

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:21 PM

Oooo I second the tailgaters trying to make me go faster :mad: I either slow down to a crawl when I know they can't pass, or I tap my brakes and scare the crap outta them. EG

Welcome back Storm!!

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 3:27 PM

Quote - Having to go to work on a Saturday morning when you'd just rather have a lazy day spent in the 3D art world.

Oh! Welcome back! Is it just a stop in or permanent?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:06 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:07 PM

I really hate whiners (present company excepted, of course! This IS the gripe and whine thread, after all ;))

You know the kind....always complaining about SOMETHING.....never happy.....can't please 'em for nothing. Wakes up whining that they woke up....LOL!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:17 PM

madame, i ain't got anything to gripe about, but thanks for the nice v4 gown!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:25 PM

I do but it wouldn't do much good. Until humanity wakes up and smells the coffee as they say things aren't going to change much.

My Facebook Page

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:34 PM

Taxi drivers who keep trying to kill me by pulling out without looking !!!
HELLO I HAVE MY BLOODY HEADLIGHT ON - LOOK FOR MOTORBIKES !!!! for we have been known to get aggressive
fsckers
In fact - make that taxi drivers in general - I dunno where most of 'em buy their driving licenses but it's about time the damn place actually tested them

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:49 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 4:49 PM

Quote - madame, i ain't got anything to gripe about, but thanks for the nice v4 gown!

Why thank you, Miss Nancy! It's very nice of you to say that. Got another one (night/house dress) that I'm planning to submit, too. ;)

Ok, peoples, carry on....

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 7:11 PM

Woo hoo, Stormy is here!  
Well, now I got nuttin' to complain about (for a minute anyways) ;)

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 7:39 PM

My main grip is that the vast majority of folks hate Poser 5's Judy,    She would like more  wardrobe for herself instead of stealing Vicky's and Victoria's-and there are very few cousins for Judy-the ones that do exist are great eg ViktorinaP5f, SatomiP5f, LilianaP5f, FedosyaP5f and Christy P4 all here in the freebie section.  Plutom 

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 7:56 PM

My gripe is all the people who gripe about how ugly the default Poser people are when they come out of the box!  I think the DAZ people are just as ugly til you add morphs and good textures to them!

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:24 PM

Quote - My gripe is all the people who gripe about how ugly the default Poser people are when they come out of the box!  I think the DAZ people are just as ugly til you add morphs and good textures to them!

Nah, I strongly disagree with that.  Posette was, IMO the last good native Poser female.  That's excluding Sydney, because I don't have P7 so I can't comment on that one.

What really let the P5 people down was the lack of morphs.  Maybe Judy can look good (in fact, both Quarker and 3Dream proved it) but it's impossible to make Judy look human without buying third party add ons.   Sure, you have to buy morphs for the DAZ people but at least they're directly available from DAZ.  Remember, the Gen 1 and 2 figures had the morphs built in, also.  Oh yeah, Judy also bends about as good as glass.

As for the P6 creature, I mean, woman...  Well, she doesn't have arms for a start.  She has flippers.  I honestly doubt the modeller even referenced any anatomy books when that hideous thing was being built.  No amount of morphs can allow for that, since clothes are built for the default shape.  Scaling Jessi's arms makes clothes go bananas unless she happens to be wearing nowt but a bikini.  Not to mention that great big balloon head she has.  To be honest, she reminds me of a very bad copy of the original Stephanie, but remade when the modeller was on some serious drugs.

On the other hand, the P5 and P6 males are pretty good by comparison.

DAZ's models may not all be ravishing beauties out of the box but they are more or less realistically proportioned.  Apart from V4's ridiculously oversized eyes and that stupid ribcage cut on the default shape.

My Store

My Gallery

smallspace ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:27 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:29 PM

file_391282.jpg

I hate kidney stones...especially mine!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:34 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:35 PM

The problem is I happen to personally know someone (My old supervisor at work) who looks like Judy straight out of the box so I have to disagree that she doesn't look realistic out of the box. And my point was you have  to buy morphs to make her look good just like you have to buy morphs to make the DAZ ladies look good. Doesn't matter who makes the morphs. If you need em' to look good you need em' to look good.

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 9:18 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 9:22 PM

Attached Link: Click here to see the source of the fantastic Eternal Judy

file_391283.jpg

Ok now I am pleasantly annoyed and griping and whining about the dis on Judy. 

You guys know I am lurking in this thread, and you are possibly aware of my advocacy of the best figure EVER in Poser/Daz world, until the birth of V4. And of course, that is Judy/EJ.

She is easy on the poly load. She is shapely. She is bendy. Add there is no problem whatsover making her cute as a button. The set of morphs on this character is so laughably better than anything you can throw at me.

Your complaint is that you have to purchase a product to bring her to life? Your complaint is that the purchase is not from EF or Daz.?

Can you guys afford $12.00 for the love of Morph? And why do you have a problem buying the morphs directly from the brilliant author of this concept?

Long Live EJ and all honor and respect to 3Dream.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 9:54 PM

Good point, OG.  I'll concede that one.  I stand by my comments on Jessi, though.

I guess my main gripe about the morphs - or lack thereof - was that CL/eF seem to have abandoned the figure as soon as she escaped.  Little or no support from the creators hardly bodes well for a figure.  IIRC, it was quite a while before 3Dream worked his magic with EJ but I could be wrong with that one.

To be fair, I have used Judy once or twice but with Quarkers Farrah morph.  Never tried anything else.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 10:06 PM

No problem.

When V4 came out, with limited morphs, I wrote to 3Dream and asked....no, I begged him to create a 'conception' and system for V4 as he did for Judy.

He wrote back and simply said he would not be doing it.

I am a gigantic advocate of V4, considering this model a complete class above all other pre-made models in 3D. But I wish for the exquisite control and exhaustive range of morphing inherent in EJ.

Both models, by the way, I use for male characters as well as female.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 10:07 PM

I don't expect you to back away from your comments, but even Jessi can be made to look georgeous with the right morphs and posing. Just because you personally don't want to do it, doesn't make her crap. I could dis the DAZ figures for a lot of the same reasons.

I've done some images with Jessi that I've been very pleased with and seen my efforts outdone by others using her. She's not as ugly as all that and she's certainly no less useable than any other female figure, just because you don't want to use her.

Everyone has their own personal preferences and ideas of what's good and bad. I just don't like seeing people knock things for reasons that are completely subjective and expecting the world to accept those reasons as iron facts.

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 10:10 PM

Quote - I don't expect you to back away from your comments, but even Jessi can be made to look georgeous with the right morphs and posing. Just because you personally don't want to do it, doesn't make her crap. I could dis the DAZ figures for a lot of the same reasons.

I've done some images with Jessi that I've been very pleased with and seen my efforts outdone by others using her. She's not as ugly as all that and she's certainly no less useable than any other female figure, just because you don't want to use her.

Everyone has their own personal preferences and ideas of what's good and bad. I just don't like seeing people knock things for reasons that are completely subjective and expecting the world to accept those reasons as iron facts.

I'd use Jessi if her arms weren't disproportionate.  The balloon head ain't so much of a problem but the arms are a pretty much insurmountable problem.

My Store

My Gallery

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 10:35 PM

Opera, that is a wonderful morph of Judy-I was wondering what the heck was wrong with me, I really like the Judy figure--she looks like a girl I knew in grade school many, many, many years ago  (had a crush on her).  The combination of the face and poser room morphs can really transform her into a beauty--but not Jessica Alba.

One can always do post work in PaintShop Pro to fix stuff.  Plutom

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 10:56 PM

I had no idea about this, "EJ" until I read this thread. I so want her. But wait...I have P6 and the description says the obj file is only in P5. :(

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 11:49 PM

EJ requires that you own a copy of the original Poser 5 Judy. As a Poser 6 owner, you should have access to the Poser 5 Judy figure. It's certainly available to you as a download with a Poser 6 serial code.

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 11:50 PM

I have both P5 and P6 and I think the P5 content is included in 6.  Check yer Runtime.  I can't check mine at the moment.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:04 AM

Yes, Judy is included in the content of P6.

All V1 and V2 textures will work on EJ (not on Judy) because 3Dream completely redid the UV for that purpose (among others.) Then...if you have UTC (Universal Texture Converter) from Daz, you can make all V3 textures convert over and work on EJ. I have many renders/characters with EJ as the base and various V3 texture maps on board.

I don't worry about clothes very much because I am either rendering nudes or dynamic clothes that I can always make fit. The outfit in the image above, however, was custom-made by Batlab for EJ.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:13 AM

Okay thanks guys. The reiteration of ONLY threw me off. If the person had stated P5 and above, then I would've gotten it. I was devastated when I saw such a morphable figure and it said only for P5 and PP users. But now...Christmas came early. :)

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:14 AM · edited Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:28 AM

file_391290.jpg

> Quote - Yes, Judy is included in the content of P6. > > All V1 and V2 textures will work on EJ (not on Judy) because 3Dream completely redid the UV for that purpose (among others.) Then...if you have UTC (Universal Texture Converter) from Daz, you can make all V3 textures convert over and work on EJ. I have many renders/characters with EJ as the base and various V3 texture maps on board. > > I don't worry about clothes very much because I am either rendering nudes or dynamic clothes that I can always make fit. The outfit in the image above, however, was custom-made by Batlab for EJ. > > ::::: Opera :::::

Actually you can use V2 texture on the original Judy and you can use M2 textures on Don. This wasn't a 3Dream incorperation. 3Dream may have improved upon the UV mapping but the V1&2/M1&2  textures worked on Judy & Don before he made EJ.

Just to prove it here's the default Judy with a little ethnic faceroom work and a freebie V2 skin texture.

My Freebies

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:15 AM

On topic...gripe...

All the good clothing are being made for that wide-eyed freak named, Victoria4!

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:26 AM

LOL.

I heart V4!

But I must admit, she has stollen the show and it must be very annoying for anyone who does not like her.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:30 AM

Quote - It really ticks me off when I'm waiting for oncoming traffic to clear to make a left and the last two or three on coming cars race up to the interesection with no blinkers on and make abrupt right turns and I could have easily made my left safely long before.

Turn on your friggin' blinkers, signal your intentions and think of the other person.

That's why they don't use their blinkers -- because they don't want you turning in before they do.  They want to be the one in front -- like most other people these days.  And some people are willing to risk their own lives (not to mention the lives of others -- but who cares about them, anyway?) in order to get in front of you.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 1:58 AM

file_391297.jpg

Click for full

E: You are getting a lot of attention.
V: Well, I'm new, you know.
E: Is everything okay with you? I heard you had an eye problem.
V: No, that was just a rumor. I see things with eyes wide open, but it is under control.
E: You walk in that dress like you own it.
V: They made if for me.
E: You know, I saw that dress on Victoria. That's it, you must have borrowed it from your sister Vickie.
V: I am not related to "Vickie"
E: Then what does the "V" stand for?
V: Voracious
E: Voracious?
V: It comes from a Latin word that means 'to devour everything with a greedy appetite."
E: Oh.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:15 AM

lol @ Operaguy. She sure is eating up all the stuff around here! Stuck up "Voracious" princess. I can see why all the attention she's getting...

Btw EJ OWNS this scene. Take that... V "looking like a deer caught in headlights" 4!

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 11:33 AM

On EJ: Any idea which of the downloads from E-frontier actually contains
the proper Judy OBJ?  After checking through all my backups, it appears
that I did a scorched-earth elimination of everything connected to Judy,
and the P6 installer doesn't seem to contain that OBJ either.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.