Sat, Sep 21, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Rolling up paper animation

morphious ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:01 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:31 AM

Does anyone know how to animate a peice of paper rolled up, then unrolling? Thanks.

whkguamusa ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 5:24 PM

file_392065.txt

Try this: Rename the attached file from roll-up.txt to roll-up.car and load it into Carrara. It is a grid with a bend modifier set to 600% at the start and 0% at the 2 second mark.

wayne k
guam usa

the file is Version 6 of Carrara, I can upload a version 5 or 4 if you need.

whk

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:39 PM

thx fr the file, wayne it looks like this in c6proX Image Hosted by www.postmyimage.com

whkguamusa ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 12:27 AM

file_392108.gif

For extra credit animate the limits sliders of the bend deformer

wayne k
guam usa

morphious ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:51 AM

Thanks, I tried that, but didn't get the same result as the Second one you uploaded. I'll give it a try. Thanks a bunch :)

morphious ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:57 AM

The file won't allow me to change it's file type in the properties. Any suggestions? I have full permissions too.

morphious ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:00 AM

Also, I don't see this "first" and Second" mark in the bend and twist modifyer box?

whkguamusa ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 5:18 PM

file_392176.txt

Not sure what you are asking. Here is the file that shows the second effect. It is a Carrara 6 file - you should be able to just change the .txt to .car and it will run in Carrara. If it still won't work let me know.

wayne k
guam usa

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:21 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:22 PM

file_392185.jpg

Morphious. About the name change. I just click on the (.txt) file, select Rename, and then just retype the name---- Rollup.car.     You should get a little dropdown asking your permission to allow the change, which you do!

Have you tried that?

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:49 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:49 PM

Wayne.

The rollup2 file does not download with the .txt suffix and will not convert to .car?

An odd one?

bwtr

whkguamusa ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:57 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:57 PM

Attached Link: http://3dsplash.com/WayneK/test/rollup2.zip

> Quote - Wayne. > > The rollup2 file does not download with the .txt suffix and will not convert to .car? > > An odd one?

Must be the full moon and it being Halloween here today.

Lets try the attached link instead
http://3dsplash.com/WayneK/test/rollup2.zip

wayne k
guam usa

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 8:30 PM

We don'thave Halloween. Blame the NZers---the big white cloud drifted up your way and confused you---too/also/as well as!!!!!!

It's great when people live in proper time zones!

bwtr

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 10:50 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2007 at 10:51 PM

o.k., thx fr the zip, wayne. looks like this in c6proX Image Hosted by www.postmyimage.com

morphious ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 8:19 AM

No worry, I finally figured how to do it using the constraint sliders. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.