Sun, Sep 22, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Version 1.8 - Whats Up With That

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:12 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

Why did they change how it renders but this I mean the following

When I put everything in my scene, I hit  the Render settings button and click the first tab to do a pass render to see what its like, if I like it I hit Render Settings again then actual render the file

Can someone please explain why this is not needed anymore and why if you do it this way it will show the graphic likes not not rendered with the first pass

Why oh why did I upgrade I just did a render and it looks like rubbish.

Angela

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:22 PM

DS1.8  hung really really badly when I used the 1002nights party light set with the 1002 nights model.  I had to re-boot my computer, and it is a new pc, not an old deadbeat one.

Eternal Hobbyist

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:37 PM

No to mention all these poses crashes it now, what the hell did they do to this upgrade, the last one was fabuolus apart from all the plugins being wiped out but that was easy to fix just install them in daz content folder but this is totally bizzare.

And you have a brand new pc go figure, I have a dinosaur, one thing I noticed it sped up searching the folders for poser thats for sure, but took longer rendering

Heztia ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:38 PM

I don't understand why they did this, i find this very sluggish and even a patch test can take 30 mins for a little tiny spot, errrrrrrr I want my old version back!, but when I lauched Daz it told me there was a new version so I say hey why not? now I'm just pissed!

"KnowThyself And Be Ture, Let Karma Do The Rest"
Mystic Images Freebies

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:52 PM

I don't really know why you are having problems with 1.8
I upgraded to it and it's all I use other than Bryce sometimes and even then I use D/S to bring things into Bryce. I haven't had any probs yet knock on wood  and my PC was built in 2002 so its pretty old.. lol

Maybe try uninstalling and installing it again?

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:55 PM

Tell me about it I am searching for my old version 1.7.5 dammit this is not good enough
Okay they want to add new stuff sure go ahead, but bloody leave everything else alone, I am so mad I could spit, I set up everything I like and thank god they did not touch this.

Off to look as its driving me crazy and If they think I will upgrade to 2.0 just becasue it will have a material or cloth room well think again, will not until 6 months have passed and they iron out all the problems

The gnashing of teeth has begun

Angela

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 10:00 PM

Annie, dont know why you are not having any problems, my pc is a dinosaur too.

I have heaps of content and not all in the daz studio content folder, I have about 12 poser folders as I dont primarly use Daz Studio content.  If it has a daz mat thats fine I use it but I use up to Poser 5 content this is why my structure is different

What I want to know is why poses that worked last week will not work now, there is an error message posted about it in the Daz Studio forum at Daz, another lady got the same problem, dont know they keep changing stuff and dont get me started on Eye Mats that have to be corrected in the Surface Tab

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 10:16 PM

Angela..I'm really sorry you're having so much trouble..I know how crazy it can make you.
I have poser 6 and install everything into it.... but I never open it because D/S is all I use anymore...I just use poser for my content..and I put daz stuff into daz if I happen to have it.
Thats why I thought that maybe uninstalling and reinstalling might help..in case something went wrong when you installed.  I read where some ppl had to do that.
Maybe someone else who has had the same problem and fixed it will come along. 

Annie

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Heztia ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 10:59 PM

I could  try uninstalling but I don't think that will help as most of the issuse is only when I use my poser content which sucks since I got more then 100megs of just Poser content and I really don't like using Poser cause I find it to be more headaches then it's worth.  I got use to Daz the way it was before the makeover and had to adjust when it got it which was fine cause it worked great.  This version however, well I've lost my muse for Daz and went to Photoshop to make my next image.

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 11:35 PM

I would uninstall if I could find a copy of the last version, had a look at daz but nope they have this version, I am pulling my hair out and cannot find where I burned the last version too, I must of deleted it,

The render I just did is so ugly I could cry, its not rendering like it should

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 11:43 PM

I just spent part of my lunch hour ( my time planet-side) tweaking my render settings and rendering that 1002 Nights Party Lights scene again - NO GO.. 

Sickening - runs up to 99 per cent of the render then hangs, hard disk light lit up continuously, indicating a fatal loop somewhere - 3Delight render engine.  I switched to hardware rendering and guess what - instant bad hang.

Cheech.  Dustbin time.

Eternal Hobbyist

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 1:43 AM

In the open source community some times last versions of programs are left up for download just in case because stuff like this happens. When DAZ introduces the next one I might play it safe and install it to a separate directory(if I can) to keep the current copy I'm using intact until I'm sure the next one works. Probably safest that way. I hope.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 1:44 AM · edited Tue, 06 November 2007 at 1:45 AM

file_392656.jpg

I got it rendered at last.

My settings for my computer are show in the googlepages link above, for reference.

Eternal Hobbyist

3Dillusions ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:43 AM

Thank you so much that did the trick

Now if I could figure out how to stop it from reverting to the original before it renders the actual image file I would be happy.

Its weird when you do the first pass to see if you like it, then go to render settings and then render the image file and it goes back to what it looked like before you did the first pass render, its freaking me out lol

If anyone sorts that out dont forget to post, at least I am not getting the Severity 2 or 3 errors

Angela

Heztia ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 7:54 PM

I think I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall 1.7 I liked it much better and I still have ALL the old Daz versions.

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 4:26 PM

And a big Thanks to Heztia, for sending me the link for 1.7 much appreciated, stupid 1.8 they can have it lol

Angela

Heztia ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 4:37 PM

So what'ca gonna do when they upgrade to 2.0? lol

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 4:45 PM

wait 3 months until everyone stops screaming then hopefully they will have fixed it and then download it, lol

Never will I download a new version without a couple of months going past again, here endeth my lesson LOL

Angela

Heztia ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 4:54 PM

Ah good words to live by lol I think I'll so the same next time too lol It will save me from reinstalling a older version l

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 5:54 PM

What I want to know is why did the change the rendering style, but this I mean when you actually want to render the scene either in JPEG or PNG or whatever you poison is for file formats, why it freaks out and when you click render it looks like its has not been rendered like in the first pass you do.  Thats whats giving me the complete fidgets lol

Nothing to much wrong with it, its just freaky

Heztia ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 6:06 PM

I'm not quite sure what happens when you render but I didn't have issues like that other then it was VERY sluggish, but render quality was go for me.

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 3:07 AM

Well check this out, installed 1.7.5 and now I am slow, lol
You cannot win, I might go back to 1.8 as it was faster, even if it was a little bit buggy.
Pulling hair our now

Angela

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 8:29 AM

ahh the troubles with studio:P i know em too well
 my scenes crash daz studio, and v3 hangs there forever almost sometimes when loading her otr  all figures really when i think about it

Heztia ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 11:12 AM

Well Angela that suck's!  Stuck between a rock and a hard place lol So your going back to 1.8?

Mystic Images Freebies

Star4mation ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 1:30 PM

I up-graded to 1.8 as soon as it became available and have had not one single problem with it!!!
I've tried to make it crash like the earlier versions did, Ive tried to confuse it by loading really old scenes, but so far it seems as stable as a rock!!! :)

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Heztia ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 2:15 PM

Quote - I up-graded to 1.8 as soon as it became available and have had not one single problem with it!!!
I've tried to make it crash like the earlier versions did, Ive tried to confuse it by loading really old scenes, but so far it seems as stable as a rock!!! :)

Star I guess your just really lucky, hope it stays that way for you.  All this stress is not good for creating.

Mystic Images Freebies

Star4mation ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 2:19 PM

Yeah, the random crashes of 1.7 were really starting to make me mad!!!

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 3:29 PM

See is that not funny, I never have had one shutdown or crash with 1.7, only one with the pose it did not want to add to the character

My pc is old so when I get my new one which will be soon, I will put 1.8 on by then they will have ironed out some bugs, lol

Angela

Heztia ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 3:59 PM

I never really had much issues with 1.7 I find I've got more with 1.8

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 4:11 PM

Yep I got 5 in 10 minutes with 1.8 lol.

From the day I had 1.7 I have had no problems, you know I think its just like microsoft they make products that do not work with everyones pc, the days of simple programs are gone I think, hell it makes you want to tear you hair out

Like my anti virus, Trend Micro PC Penicillin, works on my hubbys laptop with Win XP Pro, on mine it will not scan or  work, lol, the beast is so bloated you need at least 1 gig to run the stupid thing on hard drive space but do you think I go a refund, NO SOUP FOR YOU, those idiots told me.

Its all bloatware.

Angela

Heztia ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 4:17 PM

Damn "Soup Nazi's" lol I guess that's just the way it goes, and for me I know it ALL to well! My Virus programs don't pick up everything and there very sometimeish sometimes I have to spend DAYS just trying to clean out my PC with more then 1 virus and adware program.

Mystic Images Freebies

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 4:29 PM

Which one do you use, and what spyware removal do you have and what firewall are you running please do not tell you windows firewall as I will start howling right now lol

Lets take it private

Heztia ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 4:39 PM

No My main Virius software in McAfee, but I have tried Windows Defender, and AVG.  As for adware I use Lavasoft and Spybot Search And Destroy

Mystic Images Freebies

mysticgirl916 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 7:02 PM

I use 1.8 and it has crashed on me several times when I'm working on something

pointcloud ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 6:51 AM

I'm new to DAZ, well I have never got a figure to open? I have Vista and every thing I try just locks the program up during the building scene?

Is it my os? or is it me??? Please help....

Thanks

VISIT my site   www.cravenoriginal.com  I have made a few CHANGES, I have added a second fountain modeled in rhino and machined with rhinocam, using a machine I built...
Thanks... Marc

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 10:53 AM

I'm not sure what to tell you here...all I can do is say that I have been using DS for over a year and i update every time they come out with a new version and I don't really have any trouble with it...unless I try to load a file that was not made right.  That's something I've found I run into sometimes with the free stuff...lots of wrong paths or missing files.  Sometimes I think ppl get in a hurry and forget..or just get careless.  When I do find something like that ..if I can't fix it myself I just delete it and not fool with it anymore.

My OS is winXP home edition, service pk 2.   My pc is old...1 GHz  with 384 meg ram - AMD athlon (Compaq)  I'm not familiar with Vista and don't intend to get familiar unless they force me..lol

I think if you are having a problem that you can't open a figure there may be something wrong with your install.  Try uninstalling and doing it all over again from the beginning...and go to Daz and do some reading and ask some questions there...at their forums there will also be help and maybe someone who had the problem and figured out what to do.  

Good luck!!  I don't know what I'd do without my DS   :D

[Stuart Chase]

pointcloud ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 1:39 PM

I have now loaded DS onto my alein, it has XP.. All is swell on that computer?

I did load ds about 5 times on the Vista machine with NO success at all...

They will force you to change ONE DAY, just which one?

I concur on the FREEEE stuff, normally it's junk...

How do you deal with the speeds? Further more how do you deal with large 3d things? I use rhino and sometimes 4 gig of ram is not enough, I have to go back and modify when I use rhinocam to make a machine tool path...

I got it going now and have some learning to do, I will return after I am a little more famillar with it...

Thanks,
M

VISIT my site   www.cravenoriginal.com  I have made a few CHANGES, I have added a second fountain modeled in rhino and machined with rhinocam, using a machine I built...
Thanks... Marc

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 3:23 PM

Lol...right after i posted my DS crashed..  but it was because of a free light set I got the other day...and decided to try out.   I don't know what was wrong with it but I just deleted the whole set and went on.
I've been on the net since '95 and learned a lot the hard way.  :)
The speed has never bothered me because when I'm working... I don't run anything on my pc that isn't absolutely necessary.  No background themes..absolutely no McAffe or Norton stuff..nothing that loads on startup except my Defender Pro firewall and my free AVG antivirus.  I tried several antivirus progs and they all used resources i  didn't want to give up..even the pay version of AVG.
I don't even use desktop images when I'm working in DS or Bryce....I just turn everything off that uses my resources so I can have it for my prog. I'm working in.  and I never keep a screensaver on because even when you aren't seeing it..it's running in the background.  

When I work in Dreamweaver I'm usually working back and forth in Paint Shop Pro at the same time and I never have a problem there either..and in Bryce i sometimes am also using DS.

Maybe by the time they stop supporting XP all of our progs will be compatible with it.. :D

Anyway.. I'm glad you got something going. :D
Good luck!

[Stuart Chase]

BurntFarry ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:37 PM

I've got 1.8 had no problems with it I even rendered on a labtop with only 256 meg and it worked better then 1.7 which would crash in rendering with delight but work with hardware

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.