Tue, Oct 22, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Volumetric light in Bryce

Roland58 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 10:49 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:35 PM

file_400073.jpg

Anybody can say me why I can't use volumetric light when there is something behind?... Example : I put a volumetric light alone in my scene, no problem, when I render the scene I can see the volumetric light, but  if I put the same light into a room for example, the light works, but NO volumetric light. It seems vomumetric light needs sun light to work, as if volumetric light was dust or smoke (see picture attached) !!! I try lot of seetings but nothing works

Thx for your help.

sazzart ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 7:15 PM

Did you try enabling infinite & visible settings, as well gradient,  fall off settings?
~Sazzart~

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 6:59 PM

It might also be that the material of the light cone triggers by the amount of light available. It could simply be brighter in an open scene because the open scene provides additional light from the bryce sun?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 8:14 PM

file_400266.jpg

I think that the problem is that the v-light is being shadowed. If you turn off Receive Shadows then the v-light shows up but objects inside the light don't cast shadows. Try the light setup I show here and see if that works for you. Bryce image is the light inside a cube.

Roland58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 5:49 AM

file_400276.jpg

Thx  a lot Dan In fact I have seen when you put a light in the scene, the default setting in materiel room  is "Light Sensitive". If I change that just as you show on your piuc and select "Basic Shading" I can see the volumetric cone of light.

Thx a lot

You can see on my pic the most realistic result...for me...

Thx

Roland58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 6:05 AM

file_400278.jpg

sorry for the pic...

Roland58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 6:07 AM

file_400279.jpg

My settings

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.