Tue, Sep 3, 11:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 03 9:02 pm)

Subject: How to combine textures and create a mask...?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 10:46 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

file_401029.jpg

Would someone please be kind enough to show me how to setup and use the available nodes in Poser to accomplish this?

What I am wishing to do is use Simon's head texture map from Poser (head, mouth, tongue) but have my texture mapped head instead of Simon's, but letting the mouth and tongue still show from Poser.
I am wanting to do this through masking so users will be able to use Posers textures and my own (ie; illegal to distribute Poser textures, so I couldn't just copy and paste).

If I haven't made this clear let me know and I'll try to explain better what I'm wishing for.

Thanks to any or all that reply. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:14 AM
DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:42 PM

Awesome, I'll give it a try.

Thanks Angel

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:20 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:21 PM

Well I'm still able to see the Poser texture underneath mine this way, and that's not what I want. I want my texture to override/mask out the poser head...but I still want to see the mouth and tongue from Poser.
Am I hooking this up wrong or any other suggestions?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:31 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:35 PM

Plug the other texture into the Value_2 node, of the Blender; and whatever is white, on the mask(like my Image_Map 2 node) will allow your second texture to show through.  And/or show us a screenshot.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 6:02 PM

Ahhh, now I see. Works great.
Thanks for explaining that to me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.