Mon, Jul 8, 8:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: More Life like Figures

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:28 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 8:04 AM

file_401979.jpg

Hey Me again;   Hope everyone is enjoying this lovley spring like weather. Anyway attached you will see a picture Im working on. I would like to know if anyone has suggestions that will help me make my figures look more Life Like and Photo Realistic. Thanks much Steel

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:51 PM

careful posing using some of the morphs for a realistic expression and muscles , and a good quality skin texture .

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 3:01 PM

And where is she looking? here eyes are just blank stare straight foreward out of the box.

Best way to learn posing, is take a pic you like with a pose and emulate it in poser. Look at small details to reproduce it.

Post both images, and people can pinpoint things you might have over looked.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:34 PM

yup...object|Point At can be your friend. Pick the eyes, and have them looking at something. Also, there's supposed to be a script out there that does the same thing.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:50 PM

Nothing that makes a poser render look like garbage then that blank unfocused eyeball stare.

A viewer's eye is always drawn to a figure's eyes, and if they don't look right, the entire image looks like hell.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 5:14 AM

More light.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:53 AM

Look at your shaders as well... The skin texture is kind of flat right now. It all depends justhow far down the photorealistic route you want to go. Posing the character is only the beginning - the facial expression, lighting, materials... in fact, EVERY single part of the scene has to be worked at in great depth and tweaked to within an inch of its life in order to get the maxuimum verisimitude out of it, if you want to go the whole way.

JonTheCelt

RGUS ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 2:09 PM

Um.. shameless self-plug here... but in this image I inserted a box primitive and pointed the eyes at the box. When i move the box the eyeballs follow it, without destroying my camera angle. It really is important to try and get the eyes right, show some emotion, open the mouth... stick the tounge out... anything other than that blank stare... Poser is a character pack... so you need to work on your character and not the scene... viewers look mainly at your character. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1637171&page=2#comments Shame on me.. shame on me

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 3:22 PM

file_402037.jpg

Thanks guys for the info Im still working on it Attached you will see what Im trying for   I have my basic scene set and plan on having a black background and black groud plan with a very high reflextion value and maybe a few other props like candles and a cat. Please any suggestions on posing would be very helpful. Also I tried to bring in to Bryce via Daz Studios but lost all the facial morphs; any feed back as to why that happend? Thanks again Steel

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 3:59 PM · edited Sat, 15 March 2008 at 4:02 PM

I only intend this as constructive criticism ... not to pick your picture apart. Please take this in that light, OK? 8-)

The pose looks very unnatural. To be a little more specific, the lower part of the body is facing one way, and the upper part another. Also, the arms seem very stiff.  The pose raises a question as to whether or not it is physically possible, but also raises the question about how uncomfortable it must be to actually BE in that position for an extended period of time.

So think about how a person would REALLY sit on the floor in front of a computer. And what positions would be comfortable to hold for a long period of time. Because it appears as though you want her to look as though she is really concentrating on the screen in front of her.

Here's what I'm thinking. Being that she is in front of a computer, there are probably two postures that would be taken ... either sitting with legs crossed over each other, or lying on the stomach. Pay attention to each body part as you pose it, and think about the limits that each body part has in bending, twisting, or rotating.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 4:30 PM

Attached Link: DM's Feeling Sexy poses

file_402043.jpg

OK I just found a pose that is actually quite similar to the one you used ... it's about half way down the page on this link ...

DM's Feeling Sexy poses ... this is a reduced image of the particular pose I'm referring to .... (but they are for V4, are you using V3?)

It does have a similar feel to what you are trying to accomplish, but the twist between the lower and upper torso doesn't seem quite as severe, and her arms are actually bearing the weight of her body in a more relaxed manner. The only mods you'd have to do to this pose are to bend her head and neck appropriately, and to rotate her right arm to go more toward the keyboard.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 5:15 PM

I like the side view on the left better than the other ones.
the one where she's got cornrows and is staring at the computer keyboard.
change the eyes to look at the screen, add backdrops, walls, dramatic lighting,
facial expression et al.
no solid black background.  render in something other than poser, if possible.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:07 PM

The more light, of this scene looks much better; but I would encourage you to go further.  I'm almost certain She's a Spot light on her face?  That level of light looks good, but then I want ion her whole body.  Try using Infinite lights?

I like th pose on the left; her hip is very attractive, and her torso looks to be almost lunging to find an unexpected surprise.  It make me want to know what she's found.

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 5:35 AM

file_402441.jpg

First of all I want to say thanks again for all the feed back Its much appreciated. Im not sure if this should be in the Poser forums or not but hear goes anyway. I have saved my figure as a wavefront obj and exported / inported into bryce. I dont think theres much I can do with the skin texture and hue so hoping once I start adding small spots and radil lights that might help. Just wanted you to see what Ive done and get back to me with any suggestions you might have. As I said the scene is pretty much set and now Im going for mood and atmosphere. I will be adding a few candel props around the scene and 1 or 2 palm trees out side the house. I want the effect of a riney night outside and the room lit by warm fire light. Ive used a ***glass mat on the windows that has rain drooplet*** on it and have ***beach scene*** as well. Any feed back would be much appreciated and very helpful. Like I said; I know once I moved it from Poser to Bryce its really not for this forum but just thought I would try anyway. Hope you dont mind Steel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.