Sun, Sep 22, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: No product support for DAZ|Studio

Audierne ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 6:38 AM

I recently started using DAZ Studio 1.8.
I had problems with loading models, but now find that they are easily avoided:

on firing up DAZ studio if I go to Preferences and accept and then apply them, I have no problem.
if I have not done that, then Studio crashes when I try to load a model, although scenes are loaded OK.  Oddly enough it will load the DAZ hair object, and after that it seems to load anything OK - bizarre behaviour.

The other thing that seems to cause it to crash is not saving the work often often enough - and usually when using a 'transformation' like 'rotate'.

Using Window Vista premium.  Not sure that this is the correct forum, but......

3Dillusions ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 8:12 AM

Thats very strange I have never heard of this behaviour you might want to head to Daz and go to Support and submit a bug report.

I have never had a problem with loading any morphs, models or hair so far, as for preferences, I have all my poser folders accepted and the daz on of course and they show and load up fine

Audierne ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 10:17 AM

I posted it on a forum at DAZ but there was no interest.  Perhaps I should submit  a bug report.
Thanks.

Peter

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 2:21 PM

The only thing the forums at Daz are good for is bitchin and moanin... lol

Yes, I'm a member and belong to the PC...but I sure don't hang out in those forums...gives me a headache.   I get better help here for DS than I ever did there.    :m_confused:

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Audierne ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 3:49 PM

I must admit it's nicer here - and I only joined for the free stuff.  Really sad, I guess.  Now I keep coming back and browsing through the galleries.  Makes me realise what can be done. Sigh....

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 4:12 PM

Just hang around..you'll get the bug.  :D   and learn a lot while yu are hanging out.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

3Dillusions ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 4:35 PM

Hi Peter

Not at the forum, at the bug report its under the support tab, at Daz.
They will get back to you with the solution.

You need to register with a different password for this place if you cannot find me send me an IM here and I will send you the direct URL.

Audierne ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 5:03 PM

Hi 3Dillusions (?)
I have done a bug report.  Have posted one before and they were very helpful - in fact it is the same bug.  By changing the 'preferences' as they suggested the problem appeared to go away, but as I have now discovered it was the act of applying and accepting the 'preferences' - changed or unchanged - that got over the problem.  
The reason I merely entered it onto the forum was because I thought they would not be interested as a new version of the system had been released - but by putting on their it would inform any users of the system who were experiencing the same problems and perhapps bring it to the attention of technical support if they were interested.  Having checked through the forums today it was evident that a bug report would have to be raised.

That was complicated.  Possibly not logical.  Perhaps I should have said 'yes, done that'.

Regards
Peter

Audierne ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 5:32 PM

But back to not making DAZ Studio versions.  It is disappointing but just means I will look elsewhere.  From what I have seen so far anything that works in Poser4 will probably work in DAZStudio. 

I bought Poser4 for models of people to include in 'traditional' paintings, but found it's models so grotesque that I hardly ever used it.  DAZStudio is basically somewhere to put Victoria 3 and 4.2, and so far the renders it produces are satisfactory.  I have considered upgrading from Poser4 to Poser7 for the 'dynamic clothing' but don't really know if it is worth it. 

3Dillusions ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 6:29 PM · edited Tue, 18 March 2008 at 6:33 PM

Okay Audierne

Most stuff will work in Daz Studio, the material room stuff no and sometimes P7 lights but all else will work, sometimes you have to fiddle with settings in the Surfaces tab.

Daz Studio will have a material room in one of its future additions.

And as for rendering satisfactory, Daz can do whatever Poser can do and then some you just need to work out the settings for the program I picked it up very easily and I used to work with 2D never had the experience.  the guy that introduced me to it gave me some settings and then I did the rest myself.

Sure it cannot do HDRI as yet lol, but it will in the future. Dont forget its daz that makes the models, plus the other programs like Carrera and Bryce which produce stunning artwork.

I have seen the Poser people and quite frankly I am dismayed that they would even sell stuff this bad. Getting a bit fed up with hearing poser is better than daz, its just not true, only difference with Poser 6 and 7 is you have to have a faster pc to render with. Its a hot on memory, I have poser 5 and for a beginner to learn all those tabs and folders and such its very confusing, with daz there are 4 or 5 things you need to learn to render straight off. 
First time I saw Poser 5 I went what is all this stuff, lol.  The folder heirachy is a sight you have to see to believe.  The beauty of Daz is I have my poser folders point daz to then and away I go, I render everything.  Like I said before the only things I put in the Main Daz Studio folder are specific daz mats that vendors make, plus Daz Lights.  So its lean and mean.

I even got that Nasty Miki 2.0 to work with PMD inject and thats not a daz product at all.

EltonJ ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:24 AM

I like Daz|Studio because of its ease of use.  It is easy to find objects to work with and to render with.  It's a poor man's poser, and a good place to start with 3D.  Although, with the new 3DBridge feature, it's easy to work in Photoshop.

A few merchants here do say that their stuff does work in Daz|Studio.  one of them I do use extensively in my renders.  Pretty3D being that one.

Audierne ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 6:03 AM

Angela

thank-you.  That is very helpfull.  I think I will try to do more than just setting up models for painting but that will take some practising.  I need to finish the second half of the tutorial first though..... 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.