Fri, Sep 20, 8:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: anyone know?????????????

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 12:56 AM

There's a bit more detail on the fiasco in this Washington Post article.

3dvitality ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 1:49 AM

Hi,

response from Germany to this thread: I also cannot reach DAZ for Days - and some other US-based sites too. Some sites like 'rosity ;-), RDNA and so on are available - so for this I'm a lucky man. In case of DAZ it seems that we are really victims of the Cogent/TeliaSonera war :-(((  .
Too bad. No more March Madness News, no new figures and no discounts ...   hard times.

Max_Raptor ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:17 AM

Yep there ya go, that explains it all, thanks R:Hatch for that article I had a feeling there was somthing major brewing. I also think we will see more if these kinds of issues as the demand for faster networks raises. Since I am in Finland ( Åland) My provider routes via Estonia then down thru europe, so this is why it works for me ( for now) .

If daz wanted to they could move the site and domain to a german based server, provided they have a current connection to the US server, if I where them I'd make a mirror copy ASAP , redirect the domain to a local server in europe, this crap might take forever to resolve.

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 5:54 AM

The problem affects many more than TeliaSonera customers in Nordic countries. There are whole networks all over Europe that use TeliaSonera - none of their customers can reach any Cogent-related sites. There's a growing blog about the issue in here: http://gigaom.com/2008/03/14/the-telia-cogent-spat-could-ruin-web-for-many/ Fortunately I have no problems with my ISP (which is not TeliaSonera) connecting to DAZ, but unfortunately for TeliaSonera's millions of customers, this issue may not resolve easily.

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 8:11 AM

ohhh .soo annoying.  well, explanis alot yeh.but its a shame. i cant even download this month's freebie, a dinosaur  of some kind. lol. (im using a proxy) and i cant even post or view the groups in artzone!!!!. please, http://www.hiderealip.info/ doesnt let me log in to daz even.  so any other GOOD web proxy sites??????so i can get my  freebie from my cart???

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 8:22 AM

well, i found one myself,  its ok. i can view the groups in aZ:) and post. but stillll cant get my lil free dino!!:(

http://www.unfilterme.com

a bit better than most

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:44 AM

Quote - well, i found one myself,  its ok. i can view the groups in aZ:) and post. but stillll cant get my lil free dino!!:(

http://www.unfilterme.com

a bit better than most

Thanks, it doesn't give as many popups and annoying stuff.

Anyway, I made a thread in the Commons-forum when I used this proxy to connect, and I sent an email to my ISP questioning them about being victims of this stupid disconnection between big network-operators.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/03/isp-quarrel-par.html

Some more details at the attached link.

Proxies are fine for general browsing, but as you found out you can't login as this requires a secure connection (i.e. an HTTPS one) which can't be proxied, and so is blocked.

grylin ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

yeah and thats a shame really:(  i cant get what i want or post  in groups:( i reaaaly hope their dispute gets settled. theyre acting like kids i think.and peeving off all of scandinavia. hm!
so till its all fixed in like several months or yrs mybe,) im hanging around here instead:)

LilOne ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:08 PM

The one I posted works fine with login, as long as you allow cookies.

Ethereal_Shine ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 8:17 AM

Anyone here that uses Nextgentel that gets into Dazs site by now ?
I have spoken to NextGenTel, and they it`s not on their side, but that the problem will be fixed....that was 5 days ago...LOL

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 10:14 AM

Quote - Anyone here that uses Nextgentel that gets into Dazs site by now ?
I have spoken to NextGenTel, and they it`s not on their side, but that the problem will be fixed....that was 5 days ago...LOL

I have NGT and I can't connect to DAZ, so I assume they're connecting through TeliaSonera to the Cogent-sites in the US.

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:42 AM

Quote -
Proxies are fine for general browsing, but as you found out you can't login as this requires a secure connection (i.e. an HTTPS one) which can't be proxied, and so is blocked.

I'm using a proxy, and I can login, buy and download. But I payed a fee for it.
The free ones I've tried I had problem with.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

yvonne. ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:51 AM

I´m using Firefox and use the plugin ProxySel LilOne wrote about on page 3, works really good, and I can login!

I really wish they could solve this soon!

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:53 AM

Looks like we have to wait a looooong time for it to resolve! :(

Join PoserLounge Chat

yvonne. ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 6:03 AM

At least Daz knows about this, and I hope they will make som kind of "workaround". They are loosing income because of this, wonder how many just thinks Daz is down.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 6:05 AM

From what I've seen so far, most peeps don't know about this issue between the two companys.
They think they have probs with the puter.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 4:47 PM

Hi, I got a response from Kraig Hausmann from DAZ Support, and he suggested the DNS-solution. I explained what was going on as we've found out why we can't connect, and refered to this thread. It is nothing DAZ can do, it isn't their fault in my opinion. So, the only thing to do is to spread awareness about this issue of why people can't get through the net that they used to.

The reason we don't see a bigger uproar is because so far only a minor segemtn of the internet community is affected.

And lastly, I got a response from my ISP, NextGenTel, and they are also aware of this, this is their response (I think most Scandianvians can understand, though I'll translate):

Telia er Nextgentel sin peering partner og derfor rammes vi desverre av dette problemet.

Du kan lese mer på <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1">http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1</a>

Med vennlig hilsen
Kundeservice

NextGenTel<span style="font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">  </span>
[Telia is NextGenTel's peering partner and we are thus unfortunately affected by this problem.

You can read more on <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1">http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1</a> ]

LilOne ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:00 PM

DAZ could help this if they can find another route other than the one through Cogent, but I have no idea how that is done or how expensive it is; but it is the way big business do it anyway, with more than one route to their site (in case of things like this or other issues).

But yes, it is not easy to learn what is really the matter with this, so it is easy to assume it is your computer or DAZ that is the problem.

I only hope they (Telia and Cogent) work this out quickly...  Well, I can dream right?  (c;

Ethereal_Shine ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:03 PM

Thanks a lot for the answer....now we just have to wait.....
Thinking of everything I have missed out in the March Madness....waahhhh

Monica

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:11 PM

I've been in contact with my ISP too and they said there is nothing they can do but wait.

Max_Raptor ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 6:04 PM

Unfortunatly it's not Daz's network all they way so they can't set a fixed static route, that is controlled by all the routers/switches along the way..
maybe a tunnel but that would not help as much, and Daz is  most likely just hosting and not owning the servers and all that as well

Max R

Glasswren ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 11:52 AM

I made a little trip over to my school today and was able to order a couple of things there. Unfotunately downloading must wait as that is not allowed on the public computers.

I can only hope this will get resolved. I guess it must be legal to do this, but I have to question the ethics of making the innocent hurt.

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 1:45 AM

Quote - I made a little trip over to my school today and was able to order a couple of things there. Unfotunately downloading must wait as that is not allowed on the public computers.

I can only hope this will get resolved. I guess it must be legal to do this, but I have to question the ethics of making the innocent hurt.

I wonder if it is a breach on FCC-rules, or something.

Dajadues ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 3:32 AM · edited Thu, 27 March 2008 at 3:36 AM

I just came from Daz3D.

Maybe you guys need to clean your internet history more often or your old cookies?

The site is not down though.  It's up at this time.

Very odd. Unless your ISP is blocking it for some reason, there's no

other reason for you not to be able to login from your home computer.

It's only a 3D site.

Ethereal_Shine ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 4:13 AM

For people in Norway :

You can read about it here :
https://www.nextgentel.com/drift

I also talked to NGT today, and the man there said that they are working on it, but he couldnt tell when it will be fixed.... And that they were not responisble for memberships, so we dont get a refund from them...
I had to ask, since I have a Platinum Membership at Daz....

Soooo.....I just have to wait.....

LilOne ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 4:21 AM

Dajadues, if you read the thread you will see this affects a lot of users, and it due to a disagreement between two ISP -- TeliaSonera and Cogent.  DAZ is on the Cogent network, part of which is no longer connected (de-peered).  It even stops some sites in US to reach other sites in US...

The ISP TeliaSonera is not blocking DAZ, but Cogent is not allowing TeliaSonera through anymore (and vice versa, so all European WoW servers are cut off from anyone connecting through Cogent, for instance), thus cutting a lot of people of from DAZ.  It is neither cookies nor internet history affecting it.

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 10:03 AM

They have solved the issue. The stocks of Cogent were plummeting, so they began to rethink their strategy. I'm on DAZ3D and downloading, without proxy or anything inbetween. :)

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 10:16 AM

Norse_Graphics, that's good news!

I still can't get to any of the sites (daz and Mec4d for example).
Hope it works here too soon.

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 11:05 AM

Doesn't work for me either yet :(

Norse_Graphics ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 11:26 AM

Quote -  Doesn't work for me either yet :(

I'm there now, and I downloaded lots of stuff. If I can log on, maybe you should check/reset DNS? I cannot think of any other solutions.

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:12 PM

Itworks now :)

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:39 PM

Works here too! 😄

yvonne. ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:43 PM

Jihaaaa!!! Finally :-)

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

LilOne ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 4:15 PM

Yay!  That is a relief!  (c:

miken999 ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 5:25 PM

I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

They told me to use proxy. So, I set my explorer with proxy adress of my ISP on port 8080
and now I can access DAZ3D without problem ... 8)

yvonne. ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 11:11 PM

Quote - I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

They told me to use proxy. So, I set my explorer with proxy adress of my ISP on port 8080

Yes, but it works now and have been working for a couple of days.

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

miken999 ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 5:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

Yes, but it works now and have been working for a couple of days.

DAZ3D doesn't work for me without the proxy settings ...
If I don't use that proxy, DAZ3D is almost unreachable & no pictures appear.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.