Thu, Sep 19, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: start with freebies?

Myrailon ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 5:31 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

file_404501.jpg

I would like to collect your opinions: I've never sold any objects or provided them as freestuff. But I've created several ones which would be of interest for some people. What would you say? Should I start to provide some as freestuff? Or begin to sell some for 1 $ or so? How can I become a vendor?

Greetings
Roland

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 6:20 AM

Hello Roland,

My personal advise would be to begin with Freestuff, and get your items some exposure..see how many are downloaded, and how popular they are, then take it to the next level.

If you want to go ahead and start selling however, you can check out the MP submission guidelines and start a shop ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13759

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 7:36 AM

its better to start with freestuff .. the only diffrence i say is dont looks at the amount of downloads
They say nothing at all ... check how many images you see in which the freebee is used.

I have found that Downloads say not much  about your work ..but if they relay like it they use it...
So thats a better view on how your work stands with people...

But Freebees is always the best way to learn and make some name for yourself..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 7:39 AM

I have to say, you can't judge by how many images use something either - one free item of mine, a set of lip morphs for V4, has been downloaded 6822 times, and I know of one person who's ever said openly she used them.  I can't recall ever being credited in a gallery pic either.

My Freebies

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 7:43 AM

your right.. with morphs, those are hard to spot ..and credits are not given much..

So for you its difficult to spot ..but when you make a Gun, or a Car its a bit easyer to spot them..
But i have to say when i have a new freebee im keeping a eye out images in the gallerys

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

stardust ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 8:28 AM

Hi Roland - this is just MY opinion, but if you have good ideas for some products, go straight to selling. Giving away freebies is not always an accurate way to 'test the market'.  Just go for it! You may be surprised by the results :)   For vendors, freebies should be more of a tool to promote their products and not necessarily build a following - do you want a following of freebie downloaders, or do you want paying customers?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! People here at Rendo are always ready to lend a hand - that's what makes this community so great :)

Cheers :)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 9:04 AM

Indeed...I've tested the waters with 2 collections of old radios which have been dl'd over 1000 times each and I've never seen them used, or got a thank you btw,...ever...but had they been sold at least a credit may have gone into an image comments about it's use. I have noticed a lot of members do not note freebie makers in their credits but often list the product makers if they've bought the item. This may be because there's a drop down for vendors but nada for freebie makers...likely too many of them and they aren't registered through the RMP so no real way to do that drop down thing.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AnnieD ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 11:49 AM

My problem is forgetting who the freebie maker was..unless it's clearly identified in my runtime..and the only clear thing about my runtime is its disarray.  I do always tell if its a freebie and where I got it and  many times someone making a comment will tell who made it....That doesn't do much to help anyone who's trying to get a following, unfortunately.

I really need to take the time to organize my folders..

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2008 at 12:10 PM

Wow am I glad I looked at this thread, had'nt seen thoose radios before and they look really nice.

So Bobby if no one ever said thank you for these let me be the first, thank you!

I love old radios (or any old electronics for that matter), I should maybe start to look in the freestuff more often.

Regards / Jonny

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 7:30 AM

Quote - I have noticed a lot of members do not note freebie makers in their credits but often list the product makers if they've bought the item. This may be because there's a drop down for vendors but nada for freebie makers...likely too many of them and they aren't registered through the RMP so no real way to do that drop down thing.. ...

I agree with you on that that there is no drop down for freebies makers also I have a hard time remembering what I used was made by who with textures by not too sure. I have a good way of tracking too see actually how many times my free items have been downloaded because of a utility my webhosting company has. It states one free items has been downloaded 800 times and here it is over 1200+.

My suggestion is  this, look in the market place too see what products are out there. If you make say widgets and every other vendor is also selling widgets your product might not sell but if you make whatyamacallits and only 3 or 4 vendors sell them you might have a chance. As for freebies that is up to you whether to give something away or not. I personally have several items in the free area and nothing in the market place here, but I also am working on a product for the MP but I don't want to release it till it is finished and tested.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.