Thu, Oct 3, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Collaborating? Victorian era villages etc...

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 11:51 PM

file_402636.jpg

Hi guys, i am still in the land of the living.....sorry for no contact or work on my stable but i have been swamped lately, i mentioned before the lab coat i started doing with another girl here. I was going to alter freebie and she was going to do the mapping and morphs.........well i havent been able to contact her since before christmasย :cursing:ย and the cancer charity has asked the guy for a demo of it so i have been trying to finish it for him as it may lead to another really big funded project for them (with me included apparently).Amoungst all this i am helping Alan with his resumes to find a new job........sigh....

I am including a pic of what i have done, it is actually justย above knee height now.

If anyone can tell me how to get a better matt colour as the original shirt iย used was shear and shineyย and how to get it moving (do i have to bone it or what) for an animated demo.I would be most appreciative (it would get me back on board here lots quicker :rolleyes:), i haveย even braved the poser cloth room and womped up an animation thing, dunno how to apply itย thoughย 

I have also tried out second life as it made it easier to talk to the guy nearly live.....there is a lot on there that you guys could be interested in with modelling (similar to wings and sketchup with no beta testing) I think, but i am only just new there so i am reserving judgements. Although it may be a place that we could meet and chat using moving and talking avatars which is fun, if anyone wants to find a common time to each other, and it is free as well.

I cant come online at work so my access is severly restricted for the forum but i am following your progress as i get home from work and that so please, please dont think i am abandoning you at all. Iย am thinking ofย this projectย all the time and dont want to let you lot down.

Have a great easter folks, dont eat tooooo many easter eggs!

Boofyย 

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 6:32 PM

Hi Boofy :)
Yeah, you would have to rig (bone) the lab coat's arms, and maybe abdomen, hip, etc. so that it moves along with the figure. Stuff like swaying hem, flair, that sort of thing, would probably work best as morph targets.
What is the target app.?
That is the 'bone' system that you will want to use. If it is Poser, then rig it in Poser; if it is Lightwave, rig it in Lightwave; and so on.
Same thing would go for the materials/shadersย for the shirt. Build them natively in the target app. That way you don't have to contend with converting anything, which never seems to work 100%

Koosievanttue,
I have about 1/4 of the block that you sent me finished. Hasn't been too bad; but have to rebuild the windows and doors. They came out of Sketchup as numerous little pieces, with parts missing. Don't know why.
I'm UV mapping as I go along too; so 1/4 of that is finished also.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

koosievantutte ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 5:27 PM

dv - i have trouble with yahoo - don't get mail and don't get ebots of course - will be back with an other email.

"The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train"

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 8:45 PM

thanks dv, the target app is poser, i am looking into cloning bones from a preloaded poser jacket, that may work as the final figure will be walking and talking so i am trying that.

Koosie, i have reloaded sketchup and forgotten how to turn the curser into the long lines.....my notes are somwhere under the pile of Al's job applications. Can you tell me again pls.

Hope all is well there my friends. Dont give those drs too much cheek Koosie
:)

Catch ya all
Jen

koosievantutte ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 4:52 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 April 2008 at 4:55 PM

file_403365.jpg

jen, go to - window>preferences>drawing (see image) and insert the checkmark ๐Ÿ˜„

all is going as expected (whatever that means) - have been fighting to get into yahoo mail - took me a full day and it seems to work again but i don't have the foggiest what was wrong - must have been either my isp or yahoo :cursing:

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 5:44 PM

thanks koosie, that will help heaps.
I know how frustrating the internet is, i just have had a week of it falling over so maybe it is yahoo???

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 12:09 PM

Koosievantutte,
I sent you an email w/ a question about the block model that you sent me.

koosievantutte ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 12:49 PM

dv - i just sent you an email - sorry for being so late to answer! yes, this are just the 6 houses. i will start working on more tomorrow.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 2:27 PM

I wasn't sure if you check that new email address regularily or not.

jenay ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 5:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/galleries/oldtownhouse/oldtownhouse.php

Hi all, just found this very interesting discussion while browsing a couple of forums. Some years ago I started to build kinda construction kit to build an old town house. It was in the RMP for a while, but not very successful. here is a link to a small gallery I did fpr preview: [ http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/galleries/oldtownhouse/oldtownhouse.php](http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/galleries/oldtownhouse/oldtownhouse.php)

it's now some years ago - maybe I should revisit my project ...

JoeK
ย 

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2008 at 9:55 PM

Hi all, i am still popping in, have been working OT and not getting home till nearly 8pm. I am not giving up on you at all, Al was the 'runner up' in his last job interview so i hope things break soon so i can spend evenings building models instead of resumes.....sigh.

koosievantutte ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2008 at 2:01 AM

due to circumstances i have been doing nothing on the project for some time - will resume now, so expect some things coming up but give me a little time.
@ joe - i like your work on buildings a lot - good modeling.
@ jen - hope you succeed to get the new job

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2008 at 6:33 AM

thanks for the encouragement Koosie, it is hubby looking for the job...sigh, i am helping him with applications cause i am quicker....still takes ages though with govt ones and the stupid 'selection criteria'...who reads them anyway???

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:37 PM

Sorry guys...if anybody is still hanging around...
I had some personal business to square up and it took a bit longer than expected. I finally got back into finishing up koosievantutte's models. Hope to have them finished and ready to go (that includes UV Mapping) by the weekend.

koosievantutte ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:14 PM

sorry, i have been held up by lots of things - after several previous examinations i will go to hospital the day after tomorrow for 3 to 5 days. we will sell our house in the coming time and move within three months, so everything will be rather hectic, but i do not give up. sorry i did not keep the thread alive, but you will understand i had too much to do and too little time to do it.
i'll be back!

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. Hubby got a job..YAAAAY!!!!

I have been in hospital & out of hosp with a virus (a quick 4 hour stint on a drip to ensure the kidney didnt get dehydrated) all is well now though.

I hope to be back on board really soon....warm up my chair!

Hope all is well Koosie

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 9:46 AM

Hi Boofy!!!๐Ÿ˜„
Glad things worked out for you. Welcome back.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 12:01 AM

file_410170.jpg

Still chugging along...

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 10:02 PM

hiya, hubby found a job! Yaay. Sorry for being absent I had been offered a chance to open a gallery and a clothes shop in Second Life so jumped while the iron was hot, will email you with the details & some pics soon as my pc stops fallling over...sigh.

Keep well all, catch ya soon (i hope)

Boofy

koosievantutte ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 2:53 AM

very sorry for not being around much and doing precious little at the moment but we are having a very complicated and busy time trying to arrange moving house and a lot of other things that do not go as easy as hoped for. please have patience as i expect only to be back in october.
wish all of you the best and hope to see more.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 10:44 PM

The project hasn't died; it just went on spring break and decided to make an extended holiday of it...:lol:

koosievantutte ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 12:13 AM

at the moment i am in the process of moving house - will not have internet from 2 till 16 october (maybe even somewhat longer) - will be back after that period.
see you all later.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, I'm still here, but immensely busy just now plus my PC died, engineer coming on Monday.

The good news is I'm getting much better at UVMapping... I think.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

koosievantutte ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 3:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 09 November 2008 at 3:17 PM

well, i moved house, was in hospital and without internet for a month.
last friday i got internet again and i have been trying to get everything sorted out. in the meantime i have been thinking about the village and came up with some ideas. they have to be worked out and i will do so and be back.
it will be tomorrow at the earliest because it is quite a lot i have to put on paper.

Boofy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2008 at 2:43 AM

i am still floating around, had internet issues that are slowly sorting, funny thing is i have been able to do a lot of stuff in Second Life, using that as another learning tool.

Hope you are feeling better koosie, keep well my friend.

i agree with the spring break idea Dv :tt2:

My hubbys 6month contract that ends on j24 dec, has been extended till march 31 so we are happy. I had 3 weeks off work with flue, heyfeaver, athsma and laryngigis....not a good mix for a switchboard operator:b_tired:

Boofy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2008 at 2:46 AM

ohh dunno if it helps anyone, part of my inernet probs was having a firewall on both windows and the virus protection....turned the virus one off and it is a looooooot better

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2008 at 5:30 AM

Good to hear from you again Boofy ๐Ÿ˜„

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 5:58 PM

thanks DV,

Merry Christmas, happy new year all, hope to be a bit more active next year...fingers xxxx'd

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.