Sat, Sep 21, 3:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Figure falls thru ring

jackhalsey ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 7:47 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 1:49 AM

Hello

I have a scene where one figure kicks another and the kicked figure goes flying.  I am doing both figures from bvh files.

It seems to work very well except for one major problem.  When the kicked figure lands he goes thru the ring instead of staying on top and parts of him are embedded in the ring.  I tried turning on collision detection with the same result.  He just goes into the ring and embeds.

Any ideas and thank you.

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 9:14 PM

Print screen so we can understand better??

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

whkguamusa ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2008 at 2:01 AM

Collision detection will not stop key framed animation (bvh) from intersecting other props.

You will need to open up the f-curve editor for the falling figure and locate the position keys that cause the bodyparts to pass through the ring and adjust them until the contact looks right. Won't be fun with bvh having keys on every single frame.

wayne k
guam usa

jackhalsey ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2008 at 11:30 AM

Wayne K

Yes you are right and thank you. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.