Sat, Sep 21, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does 3DPMR even work?

wilddeej ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 8:44 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

I've never been able to register at www.3dpmr.com despite multiple attempts.  SInce you apparently must be registered to get anywhere into this site, this of course means that all the stuff that's hosted there from Renderosity's free area can't be accessed (by me, anyway!).  Has anyone else had trouble with this site?  I seem to be able to register for an account OK, but the promised email never arrives, and so I can't complete the registration process.  And no, I don't have any funky email verification programs set up.
Can anyone help in any way with this?  Thanx in advance!

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 9:41 PM

Just checked - Site is working for me, can log-in without problems ( but I signed up years ago, not recently ).   

Eternal Hobbyist

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 10:49 PM

Some email hosts ban some IP's for spam. Have you tried using a different email addy? You can still get free addresses from Yahoo and Hotmail and gmail.

wilddeej ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2008 at 1:40 AM

Tried to use gmail, but still no joy.  And no reply from the site's support address either.  Nobody home (in more ways than one), I guess.

OKCRandy ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2008 at 12:03 PM

I just registered a new account had no problem at all.

Randy

Morkonan ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2008 at 4:12 PM

I was able to register once... once.

Then, I never could log back into the site.  I  was able to login with a gmail account and that was it.

I don't use my ISP email address for membership to "free sites", hobby sites, casual forums or anything non-professional.  That's just asking for trouble.  As a result, I get zero spam at my hardline email address. (Of course, they are better guarded against spam attacks, but zero spam over a period of years is a pretty good record.)  I get no suspicious attachments and there isn't any way some internetz nere-do-well whacko could easily find my real name and track me down in order to sacrifice me to his golden retriever...

Sure, I could do something cheesy like use a country extension most anon-register blocks don't screen (You'd be surprised at how many sites block yahoo.com addys but DON'T block yahoo.uk..)  But, I don't care enough.  It's not worth the effort to me to deal with a site that is that troublesome.  PoserPros is another that I have trouble with and refuse to deal with the hassle of resolving it.  So, no business from me there either.  /shrug

The way I see it, if I buy something from someone they're entitled to know my information for business purposes.  Other than that, I'm just a browsing customer and they have no need for that information.  If they have such a problem with spam and/or scammers/returned banned members, that's something which should be handled in a different manner.  IMO

wilddeej ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:36 AM · edited Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:37 AM

Well, the way things are now, 3DPMR is totally locked to me anyway.  I hope others don't have this same issue.  I've never had problems with any other site, just this one.

Kinda nasty though, "oh, here's a free model, just what you're looking for... PSYCHE!  Can't get it!"
I'd ask someone else to get it for me, but there are probably rules against that...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.