Sat, Aug 3, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: WIP... this needs something more? (caution: vulgar hand sign)

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 5:52 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 11:27 AM

file_182592.jpg

This is my first full room render. Took me long enough to find the room textures etc, insert the background characters and pose them. But even after tweeking the lighting, I still feel as though it's missing something. Can anyone offer suggestions??? Tygercub P.S. - Guitar & stool are from the free-stuff files... thanks to those wonderful, talented artist!

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 6:32 PM

That's a LOT of work! I remember the 1st time you posted this. I hate to ask you if you have anti-aliasing on... This looks pretty good to me - no one seems to post 'crowd' scenes, so I can really appreciate your effort. I'm not an artist (and I don't play 1 on TV...), i'm more of a director so I like this vision of yours.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 6:36 PM

Sorry, I clicked a little too fast... You could up the resolution also.

sinixyl ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 6:49 PM

You must be british thats a peace sign not considered vulgar in U.S.

sinixyl ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 6:50 PM

Forgot I like it just like it is

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 8:38 PM

Thanks for the resolution suggestion. I try not to bog down my machine too much... which leads to the hint when doing crowds: 1)Use the low-res characters from P3 & P2 2)Save background folks separate from main focus using same lighting, and save a .jpeg 3)import the background characters as "background" and render focal character in original light. This uses only slightly less processing power than a roomfull of characters. This technique was used above so that the fellow with the guitar, the stool, and the bar are all in one shot, and the rest is "background". Since the lighting is the same for both scenes, they blend rather seamlessly and you don't have to waste time in photoshop trying to blend the masked edges. Anyone know where I can find a tutorial about making clear drinking glasses/mugs so I can take that silly white glass from this scene? Tygercub

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 10:21 PM

Is that Giles (Aka Anthony Stewart Head) on the stool? Looks just like him without glasses. Really, really great scene. Can't think of anything to add except to fix those cracks on the girls shirt and maybe the guy at the bar should be smoking. The Guitar could use a cord, for added realism. -WTB

Wizzard ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2001 at 10:31 PM

pull up the materials editor, select the glass, set transparancy to about ermmmm... 90% colour to light blue or amber...

TygerCub ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 3:35 AM

William the Bloody, you've got good eyes... Yep, that's the Watcher in his infamous Ripper days. Glad I captured the likeness (worked a vamp's life getting it). I'll see what I can do about the wrinkles in the clothes. I've been staring at this thing for so long now, it all blends together. I like the idea of the guy smoking at the bar. But you'll have to tell me what a "cord" is for the guitar... I'm totally clueless. Wizzard thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried to do that, and got an ugly plastic look that seemed worse... Maybe I'll just do a transmap on a sphere??? Gotta play with that. There's a great tutorial about glass on the tute's pages, but it's not for Poser... and I don't have anything but Poser for now. Back to work! Tygercub

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 9:23 AM

Yep, thought that was Giles! Whoa, amazing likeness. And the twins with the ponytails... hmm! Is Giles asking for two more beers? :^)

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 9:39 AM

Cool Tyger! A cord (for the guitar) is the wire that connects the guitar to the amp via that chrome plug at the bottom of the guitar. Acoustic guitars don't need them (typically) but electric ones like this need them in order to be audible. -WTB

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 5:16 PM

heyas; no, a us peace sign is made with the thumb forward. that's the vulgar british sign, with the back of the hand forward. tyger, it looks like you twisted his hand around to do that. try not to twist the hand, but twist the forearm instead. that should make his wrist look a little less broken. :) whatever that dark square thing is that cuts off the background guy's legs -- get rid of it. it doesnt make any visual sense, and its a big dark chunk of space making a black hole in your pic. also check the white cup/glass on the bar. it is so bright, and sitting in such shadow, it looks as if it is floating.

TygerCub ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 6:16 PM

GADS! typo warning! previous entry deleted... will repost shortly...

TygerCub ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 6:30 PM

file_182599.jpg

Okay. Here it is. Reworked to a finish, I think. Thanks, bloodsong, for the advice about the wrist. I thought it looked wonky, but couldn't figure another way to position it -- finally realized I needed to deselect the "Use Limits" option. I still could not get Poser to create a pint glass that looked even partially realistic, so used the old cut&paste technique. At least it's not as glaring as the white chunk of .obj file sitting there before. Thank you, all, for the wonderful comments and helpful suggestions! TygerCub

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2001 at 12:32 AM

looks really good Tyger Cheers

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2001 at 4:46 PM

ahhhh... much better :)

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2001 at 7:20 PM

If this is your own morph, I wannit I wannit I wannit (uhm, let me be more mature about this). ASH is slated to play the next Master in the next incarnation of Dr. Who, and possibly reprise Giles in a UK-based spinoff from Buffy. Do an alltheweb.com search on 'duane moody' or 'duanemoody' (I forget which) and eventually you'll find a link to an online chat with ASH where he answered a couple of questions from this moron.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.