Sun, Oct 6, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Needed a litle help...

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:27 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:18 AM

file_411007.jpg

I'm working on a street scene I originally made in Rhino and re making it in Bryce materials... 

One of the objects I am having trouble with is a hand rail on a fire scape.   Here is the image and I hand drew the rail...  How best to approach this...   that curve really numbs me out...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:41 PM · edited Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:47 PM

Try Steves Art Gallery.
He has some great primitives to download which are ideal for this!

http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/

oop's....should have visited the site first, these aren't the ones I was thinking of.
Still worth grabbing though!
Sorry, can't remember where to get the one's I mean!

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:49 PM

draw it a paint program make it a lattice

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:53 PM · edited Sat, 02 August 2008 at 8:54 PM

This is the site.........http://www.iaw.on.ca/~jspirko/
However, it says they are no longer available as downloads, but he will send them if you email him!

Or you can let me have your email addy, and I will send them!

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 9:17 PM

file_411010.jpg

here is a real quik render with the handrail drawn in psp as bmp and pgm

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 9:20 PM · edited Sat, 02 August 2008 at 9:21 PM

file_411011.jpg

and the source file. if saved as a pgm it's a lot cleaner Or you could use the smart pipe gizmo.

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 10:40 PM

file_411019.jpg

Thank you for your input..   A lattice is flat and I need it 3d....    It is a whole street model scene..  here is what I got so far..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2008 at 10:48 PM

You could always boolean a turus for the curve and add a cylinder to lengthen!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 12:00 AM

file_411020.jpg

Something along these lines?

Use a path and straighten it out and then add a bend at the end.
Make a cube and re size it to fit your specs
In attributes make the cube positive
in attributes/link select parent and use the name of your path as the parent also check the box that says constrain to path
exit attributes.
in multi replicate choose 100 copies -  x offset put 0.05 
multi replicate
select all the boxes.
there is a chain link looking thing two boxes below the attributes select it and G will appear select that.
Congratulations : you have just accomplished multi replicating a cube along a path !!
done.

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 12:35 AM

I'll try it...  hope it works with cylinders....  Thank you.....

wildman2 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 2:02 AM

a lattice is not flat
a pgm image would be best.just import it.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 7:11 AM
Forum Moderator

Tom: You'll find a handrail in my file-locker. Hope it helps.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 5:20 PM

file_411055.jpg

Thank you Bryster...   It did serve the purpose...   I must learn to do them my self...  what did you use for the actual curve..?   meta balls?      here is a pic of the fire scape

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 5:37 PM
Forum Moderator

Tom: Checkout SPACEBONES. He has loads of free objects that I find extremely usefull.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2008 at 11:22 PM

Thank you I did... very nice stuff he has..

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 8:21 AM
Forum Moderator

Tom, why on earth didn't you just copy and dismantle the Handrail I left?  You would know how it was created then.

electroglyph ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 12:04 PM

Make a positive bryce torus. create two negative bryce blocks and position them to where they intersect 90 degrees of the torus. group and you have the curved section. Rotate and lengthen a bryce cyllinder off each end and you have the rest of the rail. Mirror, rinse, repeat for the other end.

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 2:54 PM · edited Mon, 04 August 2008 at 2:56 PM

file_411090.jpg

@Bryster:  I did break it down..   your curve at the center was all mesh...  here it is and with a torus imposed on it..  your curve seems to be slight different from the torus curve...   I wanted to learn to do curves of different angles...  torus gives a 90deg.  can I do 120deg.. 

@electro..  Yes,, I got to experiment till I learn to get different curves...

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 3:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Tom: Send me an e-mail addy would you?

electroglyph ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 3:35 PM

file_411092.jpg

Just rotate the block Z 120 degrees then line the corners back up and to the center of the torus.

electroglyph ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 3:41 PM

file_411093.jpg

In Bryce 6 you can edit the torus. The default is 256 but you can make the pipe thicker or thinner.

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 4:25 PM

Bryster.. I sent you my e-mail...  but you know that since am a coordinator I have a renderosity site address...  

**electroglyph: ** This is the first time I ever saw that function....

I need to go to an appointment will be right back in two hours or so....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.