Thu, Oct 3, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Why do I get those black parts after rendering?

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 8:51 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 6:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_411260.jpg

I am rendering with firefly and PoserPro and I don't understand why I get those black parts on my renders, because the texture is there if I render on a less volptous V4.

With smaller breasts it works perfect but  with a bigger breast size I get these black parts on the clothing.

But it only happens with clothing-parts that are not part of the maincloth ... like this bow from her dress... :-(((

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 8:59 AM

Well, based on the unrendered side view, I would say it's because the boobs look broken. Notice how they protrude beyond the dress, and how they look hacked off at the bottom?

When enlarging the breasts you have to use a combination of the breast dials so that they don't end up looking like that.

Once you get the breasts properly enlarged, then you need to also enlarge the breast part of the dress as well.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:09 AM

For me it looks like the tie does not morph correctly because it is not well constructed.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:16 AM

Quote - For me it looks like the tie does not morph correctly because it is not well constructed.

Is that a tie? I thought it was part of the boob, hehe

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:36 AM

Yes its a tie... a bow ...!!

and I morphed the V.42-body and the dress with "XannaV4" from Kaposer (ViewProduct=64375)

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:40 AM

...but why does the tie - even if it is not well constucted  - not apply the colours why are parts of the tie (bow) black after rendering?

Thats what I don't understand...

Because the bow morphs perfectly well and is outside of the dress and V4 body..

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:04 AM

Poser has trouble to identify the normal-direction for some polygons. This black parts are the polygons "backside". The backside has no material, so it renders black.

With Poser 7/Pro try "normal forwards" in the material-room.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:08 AM

What about turning on normals forward in the material room? It's at the bottom of the poser surface node. Do it for each material zone of the dress.

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:54 AM

I will try instantly ... hope that can help ..:.-))) fingers crossed...

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 11:59 AM

Yes thank you ... it really helped .. the render is not perfect, there are still some dark parts but I think I can fix that in photoshop ...:-)))

kaposer ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 12:08 PM

Sorry I haven't noticed this thread before, I don't surf the forums as often as I should. To me it seems like the back part of the tie is too close to the front part, probably because of the Xanna's influence. Firefly really hates this, when a poligon's back is too close to an opposite polygon always show those artifacts.

If you can't find a fix in the material room I'd try increasing BreastDiameter and decreasing BreastSize, that way Xanna will affect the clothing better and affect the tie more homogeneously, that could be a solution.

Another solution I can think of is using the Group Editor to create a new material group that affects the back of the tie only, and making it transparent, but that's a bit tedious and I'd try to find a Xanna's dial combination that fix the problem first.

Btw - we've opened a product support forum at kaposer.com. Feel free to visit us and post any doubt/problem you may have. Usually I check it daily

MyFreestuff    My Store

kaposer ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 12:19 PM

Had another idea. Can you try checking "Remove backfacing polys" on your FireFly settings?

MyFreestuff    My Store

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 2:00 PM

file_411271.jpg

> Quote - Had another idea. Can you try checking "Remove backfacing polys" on your FireFly settings?

Seams a very bad idea, because other props/figures may need this.

Sorry, but the best way to avoid something like this is to construct a better mesh.

Look at the image. The one on the top results in what we allready know. The second one is how you should construct "sharp edges" in your models.

A way around: set a displacement-map.

kaposer ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 3:26 PM

Quote -
Seams a very bad idea, because other props/figures may need this.

Sorry, but the best way to avoid something like this is to construct a better mesh.

You can render it twice, one enabling the backface poly option and another not, using the zone render tool and composing it in an image editor.

Well built or not, this person already owns the model and has to work with it...

MyFreestuff    My Store

heartrotica ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 6:41 PM

Yes , thanks for the advice... I will try to find out what works best...

Purrdey ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 10:52 AM

Quote - I would say it's because the boobs look broken.

Ouch I broke a boob! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.