Fri, Sep 20, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: September Forum Challenge - CoNtRaDicTioN

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 8:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 7:09 AM

Wow!  Great idea!  I'll have to start looking around.  :) 

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

three_grrr ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 11:07 AM

The August Challenge was so much fun, I have to keep my eyes open and my camera glued to my hand from now on!
Rita

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 12:44 PM

YESSSSS!!!! More fum:)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

Laelia ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 3:10 PM

file_413179.gif

Ouh Ouh !!! that's a gorgeous challenge !!! Very attractive !!! Well done Shari and Piet You get goooooddddd ideas !

:b_sad:   But ain't got nothing in my files stocked to feature yet ....

Get to be on the road to shot  !!  :b_cool:   That's a great idea tooooooooooooooo !

q:) Amitiés Magali

tizjezzme ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 3:14 PM

Good ... I think it's more of a challenge than the "power of 3's" for sure .. but lets' see what we can do.  :-)

P. Vermeulen

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 3:48 PM

:b_sad:  

Quote - But ain't got nothing in my files stocked to feature yet ....

That's the whole idea!  We don't want you to just look through your files we want you to get out and about shooting for the challenge.

ecurb - The Devil

Laelia ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 5:38 PM

Quote -
That's the whole idea!  We don't want you to just look through your files we want you to get out and about shooting for the challenge.

You 're right !!!

So I am going to hunt a pic  to catch around me !!
And you ?

Amitiés Magali

micturn ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 10:41 PM

Brilliant idea, I'll get thinking.

ralph49 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 12:42 AM

Well I think this one will be a bit more of a challenge.....Better put my thinking cap on and keep a good look-out.

mickuk50 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:28 AM

this one will certainly be taxing and different :o)

mick

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 9:17 PM

2nd day of the month ......... common guys, bring it on!   :b_funny:

P. Vermeulen

Flannelman ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 11:53 PM

file_413286.jpg

![](http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/cool.gif) Cool challenge. I got this eariler today before I looked at the challenge thread.  Here is the "Ice Breaker" lol. fm ;-)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 12:22 AM

Yea!!!!!!! There you go Flannelman. If anyone can be contrary...oh, wait...this is PHOTOS of contradictions...sorry. :tt2:

Big bad security you got there!

I have a few things in mind. I'll be working on this in the next week or so. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Flannelman ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 12:42 AM

So far alot of talk and 1 photo.
Um re: MrsLubner, that would be contrarian .
I would say "Keep em coming" but ......
fm ;-)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 1:09 AM

Don't dare me. You know I can't turn down a dare. It will take me some times since I am not as good as contratiction as a lot of people.  hmmmmmmmmmm... but I bet I can find a few things given some time. I'm sure you will find a basket full of contradictions by the week's end.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

busi2ness ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 5:26 AM

file_413312.jpg

Lotsa talk still, congrats to Flannelman for breaking the ice.  This looks like a lot of fun and measured by the number of entries I suppose it's a bit more of a challenge than the previous one.

A capture made just outside of town where the road passes the cemetery.

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 6:43 AM · edited Wed, 03 September 2008 at 6:43 AM

file_413316.JPG

Does this mean they won't save you if you go through the ice?  That's not a community service!

ecurb - The Devil

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 6:44 AM · edited Wed, 03 September 2008 at 6:45 AM

Oh wow, finally some PHOTO'S!!!  And some EXCELLENT ones too!  Flannelman, I love it.. yours put a huge smile on my face..

and Piet ..................... wow. Yours hit me ... and is perfect for this challenge, as well.  GOOD ONE.  :)

I know, I need to get out there and find some contradictions, too .. it is by far much more of a challenge than last months.  But let's not let it stops uS!!

Excellent one David!  LOL  That's really good :)

P. Vermeulen

Flannelman ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 10:25 AM

And the sign said "You got to have a membership card to get inside".
Well we are all members here so I think I will go contradiction hunting.
Go to see Piet /Fred255 in the running.
Keep em coming (lol).
fm ;-)

Laelia ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 12:51 PM

Oh Oh !!! Flanelman, Piet and Fred255 start the "dance" with interresting pics !!
That's sure going to be a great challenge !!

Sorry I haven't time to photography for this week ...helping my son, Daniel ( aka ElectronInc here) to pack a lot of luggage because he lefts home to study in a french town,
about  700 kms = 434 miles from Nice, if that converter is right  :  http://www.tech-faq.com/lang/fr/convert-kilometers-to-miles.shtml

Daniel will begin classroom next monday and get a student university room in the same day

That's the present "tsunami" I have to cross.... snif  :m_bawling:

Sorry bis,  I take place here with my family bla bla ... in contradiction with the purpose of this happy thread  * smilie derisive :rolleyes: *

I'm going to be positive and search contradiction situation or else to catch with my little cam around me

Wish you a nice wednesday and thursday

Amitiés Magali
Alpes Maritimes - French Riviera

GiMi53 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 1:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1740097

file_413321.jpg

Not so sure this is a contradiction but at least a contrast between this beautiful Natura 2000 site (camp Lagland, a military domain near Arlon in South Belgium; follow the link for my upload today) and the sign prohibiting the passage of the tanks...

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 2:57 PM

I'd say its perfect for this challenge :)) good one!

P. Vermeulen

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 12:31 AM

file_413338.jpg

Not the mentioned flower in a garbage dump but close. Let's just say this is a garbage pile in someone's flower garden. Seems someone I know has a daughter with that Hoarding Compulsion and every year the family has to dig her out of her "hoard" resulting in a pile that accumulates in the back corner of the yard. And each year a massive load is hauled to the dump making room for the daughter's next year's "hoard" to begin. Please feel bad for this person who tries hard to maintain a stellar garden in spite of it all.  I know I do. 😊

So how is this for a contradiction shot?

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 2:29 AM

PJ! All I can say is WOW !

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 7:00 AM

Wow ... I feel for them.  My husbands hobby is tractors... and old cars.  He stores them in an orderly fashion in HIS 10 acres next to the homes 10 acres.. (we have a total of 20 here)... so i dont see it, unless I walk down there.  What a site.  I dont like it at all but I can't take away his passion.. right? :)  Anyway.. great submission for this challenge :)

P. Vermeulen

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 8:27 AM

Hey!  theres beauty in old tractors and cars, why haven't you posted some of his?  I haven't been out of the house yet this month but going to the Fire Station Open Day with Thomas one of my grandchildren on Sunday, I will look out for something there.

Seems to be going OK so far Shari.  I'm glad our grave yards don't need razor wire around them Piet, good shot a sign of the times I guess.

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:02 PM

I'm glad there's razor wire around that graveyard! It helps to keep the dead where they belong - inside the fence!   😉

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:10 PM

file_413376.JPG

Little flowers growing in the gutter of an old building.

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:11 PM · edited Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:13 PM

Ouch!....PJ...:).....Nice shots from everybody, looks like it's finaly picking up Shari :)..with the apraoching weekend, and weather permitting, will have to see what I can come up with!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:22 PM · edited Thu, 04 September 2008 at 6:23 PM

Ya know, too bad you used that photo of you as an avatar because it is a contradiction in its own right... such a serious and firm look - half man, half frightful machine, when, in fact, you are a real sweetie through and through. :-)  Can't hold my seat waiting for your entry.

David, I have an affection for both flowers and gutters... perhaps that came out wrong but you get the point... Great way to show functional and whimsical all in one.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 8:55 PM

LOL @ PJ!

Excellent submission David!!!  .. shame on me, I have yet to upload something... the weekend is coming though :) 

I'll have to mosey on through the tractor graveyard, see what I can see :P

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2008 at 11:11 PM

Yeah ... you gotta love Ronnie as a half Borg.  I don't buy that meanie avatar for one minute!   I think the one where he's pulling a face and has a collander on his head is a more accurate portrayal.

:)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

mickuk50 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 8:15 AM

ronnie had that one coming lol @pj

david ,you had the same idea as me so im glad i didnt post it :o)

must put my thinking cap on again

mick

Flannelman ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 10:35 AM

file_413401.jpg

![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/thumbupboth.gif) That tank sign is way cool and, the flowers growing from brick (nature will have its way). PJ, really, a junk yard in the garden (lol). I saw this fireplug a couple of years ago and its still there and still no development of the subdivision yet to come. hmmmm fm ;-)

mickuk50 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 11:08 AM

file_413402.jpg

I suppose this could be deemed political but i do believe there is a contradiction here .So many good houses going to waste waiting to be flattened ,while there are homeless .Of course the second contradiction is summer is supposed to be sunny and all we`ve had is rain :o)..This is the view from my front door by the way.

Mick

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 12:53 PM

file_413407.jpg

I don't get it! Contradiction in old tractors in a beautiful rural garden... Do I miss something?

Oh and btw, I can vouch for Ronnie, he does look like that and like most men, we don't have any soft spots. Hehe, ok i am stirring. Peace!

My boss and I drove past another cemetery (while it seems to be my source of inspiration) and came upon this gem... or not.

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 2:06 PM

OH MY GOSH! Flannelman, you really did it! :lol:  So still out in the middle of nowhere and still nothing for this fireplug to do but stand and wait for...something... I wonder if it will need a new coat of paint and fresh plumbing by the time they make it useful! :rolleyes:

Mick, I don't get it either. We got the same stuff here. Just doesn't make sense. Government builds apartments  that they don't maintain for huge amounts of our hard earned tax money and then 10 years later they condemn it all. Gosh, those buildings stand vacant for 10 more years costing the community more money to patrol them - we won't even mention of the number of people camping in them or the many arson fires started that threaten the rest of the neighborhood...Until, finally! They decide to knock it all down, but in this economy not many are willing to rebuild without government funding so we then go back to the original landscape ... a huge vacant lot, overgrown with weeds, trash and varmits where people who once lived in those governement-built apartments now throw their bed rolls. We now have come full-circle except me, the taxpayer is poorer for paying stupidly used taxes and is about to lose our own home and have to go looking for some government-subsidized housing! (I'll shut up now...)  :unsure:

Piet, yours is much easier to understand.  It makes perfect sense, right? Mike and Lena wanted the tallest headstone in the cemetery but they were short of cash so instead of a giant oblisk they had the boys throw up a towering windmill. Just as good as an oblisk and its cheaper - AND it commands just as much attention ... am I right? 👍

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

jeroni ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 3:22 PM

file_413415.jpg

La prostata a veces no da tiempo de  encontrar un Water

jeroni

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 3:49 PM

I tried my translater on this and I'm hoping it was not too acturate.  :unsure: Hmmmmmmm. it makes me wonder... LOL

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 6:14 AM

I think your translator was spot on PJ, the guy needed to leak and this was all he could find. Roflmao.

Jeroni Excellente!!

Laelia ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:21 AM

Hi everybody,

Piet  I agree with your point of view in this contradiction & behaviour you shot in this country

Jeroni, un imagen qué necessita comentario para comprender lo qué mostras, pero no me aparece con un ejemplo a proposito del tema Contradiction... Si hay algo que no hé comprendido,  explica me

Sobre todo, espero no ofenderte !! gracias
Y sobre del sobre todo, Io, no he echado un imagen en este tema un poco dificil a buscar imagen!!!
( excusa me si mi espanol no es perfecto, soy frances)
abrazos

Where is my cam  ? !!! Upset with this "tsunami" at home !!!
:b_angry:

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:31 AM

This half man half Cyborg, has not got his nuclear powerd hiney in gear yet, I may just shoot a picture of Parliament, with politicians offering us all the gold we can eat, then behaving as they do, what better contradiction lol...great entreis by everyone BTW, PJ that looks like my garden ROFL

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:09 AM

file_413434.jpg

Well after much thought about all of this, the answer was staring me in the face or rather not

Two days ago, the guys came to install my new front entrance door, the guy that spoke to me could clearly see I was 6’ 4” so look where they placed the spy hole , I don't know, you just can't get the staff these days :)

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:33 AM

Roflmao.  I have to ask Ronnie, what is that white thing agains the door?  Is it some sort of security device to stop people from knocking the door in?

The spy hole would be just about right for me at 5' 6" though.

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:36 AM · edited Sat, 06 September 2008 at 9:40 AM

It's my mothers Stair lift Jeff :)...You pull up the arms when not in use, not the greatest of designs, but I am not one to argue with Stannah :)))

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 10:47 AM

I love that peep hole! :-) I installed mine and it works for me but no one else in the house can use it easily. But then, I pay the mortgage so I figure this house ought to be set up MY way. Great contradiction, Ronnie.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 11:04 AM · edited Sat, 06 September 2008 at 11:05 AM

LOL. Maybe I need a optician, I have only just noticed your comment Tara, maybe i should post the collander shot as a self portrait ROFL!....Thanks PJ, glad you like:)

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 11:40 AM

@ Ronnie - I think you should leave your Meanie-Borg avatar up for a while, just long enough for people to get used to it and buy into the idea that you're a bad-a$$.  Then switch it to the collander-on-your-head shot.  Nobody will know what to think!  Oh ... unless they've ever spent ... like ... about 30 seconds with you! 

:)

I love your door.  I'll come over and let you know who's there.  The peephole is just about the right height for me!  Of course I won't know anybody you know.  "Well, it's a guy.  Ummm ... brown hair, glasses, wearing a green shirt.  Should I let him in?"  Or you could just stand on your tip-toes and look out the window!

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 11:46 AM

LOL, good call Tara:)...will send a shiver down the spines of the comunity eh?....Come on over and let me know who is knocking

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 3:22 PM

file_413443.jpg

I'll be there shortly!  :)  In the meantime, you got me thinking about contradiction in relationship to size . . .

. . . for those of you who look at this and think, ???, that little bitty car wouldn't pull that great big trailer (caravan) three feet! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.