Sat, Sep 21, 11:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: HELP!! Face issues

iwantamonsterinmy ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 9:49 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_414119.jpg

Right so not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm using Daz so i figure i gotta be close.

No matter what I do, i can't get faces to come out real-ish.  I am using Liquid rust's Brooke 2.0 shaders and skin, and i use the LOD thing, and the skin of the entire body comes out awesome and looks totally real, but the face looks glossed over and well like a mannequin.  I have even been into the surfaces tab and made sure that everything is the same all around and it is... sigh  Ideas?  Thanks in advance.

lunchlady ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2008 at 10:44 PM

Hello! I am by no means an expert, but, sometimes if you turn the strength down under specular in the surfaces tab it will take away some of that shine. Sometimes to if the character has on make-up, you'll have to adjust the face differently that the rest of the body. Hope it helps!

Fussel2107 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 6:02 AM

I´ve had the same problem... are you using Poser?

Try toning down the specularity just a little bit and raise the bump.
The face texture usually is smaller than the body texture and the "bumps" come out smaller as well.
Which fits the smaller pores, but in the end they barely have any effect at all.

iwantamonsterinmy ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 8:57 AM

awesome, thanks a million, I'll give it a shot as soon as i get home school

iwantamonsterinmy ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 10:34 AM

okay so I  am in the process of trying every different combination of bumb and glossiness levels that i can thank of ... so far i cant get anything that looks right.... and i am becoming very angry.... you wouldnt like me when I'm angry..... ;)

darman42 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 6:17 PM

turn glossiness AND specular strength up to full. whenever i do that (In DAZ) that removes any and all shine.

could you give a close-up of the face? that might help to see what the problem might really be a opposed to everyone just guessing.

iwantamonsterinmy ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2008 at 4:32 AM · edited Sat, 20 September 2008 at 4:34 AM

So i have been messing with the glossiness/specular/bump/and displacement for the last DAY, 8 hours of rendering, just to figure this problem out haha i am getting some results though, i am finally getting some texture in the face, though it was a little too much, but at least im getting closer

edit I am having trouble gettings the face pics to upload, not sure why, but i will try again tomorrow... er... rather... when i wake up.  Thanks again to everyone thats helping me out, i really appreciate it

sgacity ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 9:17 PM

I get that glossiness in some textures at times.  The first thing to do is to be sure you have the bump maps on, a little irregularity always helps.  But, the real trick here is to select all of the skin areas (the ones you don't want shiny, that is) and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the surfaces tab.  Change the "lighting model" to "Skin"  (the default is "Plastic").

I find that clears it right up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.