Fri, Oct 4, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Is She Still Butt Ugly?

Whazizname ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2008 at 9:52 PM

file_414280.jpg

(:

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2008 at 11:51 PM

As far as making a UTC plugin, Frankly, I think that using that APP to convert on each and every skin texture one may have could be quite irritating, not to mention disk space consuming, when the alternative is to purchase just ONE remap that can load them natively.
Others are free to think differently from me.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Cybertosh ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 12:17 AM · edited Sun, 21 September 2008 at 12:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

When you compare default judy to the other models, she's the whitest one there, practically an albino! 

Don't believe me? check it out vvvv

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:05 AM

I think that it is much better to have the figure re-mapped then to use UTC to convert the maps. Just as an individual I could not afford dp's V4->V3 remap.

So yeah... I think the market right now is tough but I support David in doing this work even if he doesn't release it at all... it is good old fashioned DYI. I am deeply impressed he can do this kind of thing and I am happy he enjoys it.

patorak ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 10:38 AM

*Once or twice. Face_off insists the "big boys" don't need no help from a stinking Poserite. Anyway, I don't use any of those apps, although I've tried using Kerkythea, and making materials in Kerky. Totally different paradigm, so it's hard to translate what I do in Poser to other apps. They always have "knob" ways of doing things, instead of letting me just do the math myself. So if they don't have the kind of math I'm doing built into some shader module, I can't even do it.

I've been playing with Filter Forge, however. Very interesting and Poser-like. You string together nodes and they make color maps, bump maps, specular maps, and so on, which you can then drop into your rendering engines. You can do serious math with FF, and it has things built into it that even Poser nodes don't have.

Hey Bill

Talent is talent.  Whether it's Maya or Poser,  Corel Paint or MS Paint it makes no difference,  the program doesn't define the artist. 

That being said,  I'm sure the "big boys" would appreciate your talent. 

Anyways,  I'm glad you are working with filter forge as this will serve as a bridge to the high end apps.  And I look forward to purchasing the library you create.

BTW I'm working on a project and could really use your help.  Would you mind if I sent you a PM about it.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 5:51 PM

Patorak - Sure I can help out. Sorry I didn't answer. However, I'm leaving now for a business trip. I won't have internet access tonight or all day tomorrow.

Get your questions in quick, because on Friday I leave for the Dominican Republic - vacation for a week.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Tiari ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:32 PM

excellent work DH as always.  You really have a passion for the re-awakening of older figures who are just as useful. As always , if you need anyone to "test drive" you know i'm all for it.......

(as long as I can figure out how to load it, never got the remapped v4 to work, ever).

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 1:08 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_414371.jpg

Here is my P5JudyV3 with Danae's Manhattan Texture.  Good mapping and textures make for good figures much more so than intricate polygons!  Just ask over in the 3ds Max forum how important texturing is.  I've spent the last year learning 3ds Max, and this has done much to reinforce some of my previous, albeit nebulous beliefs that prompted me to start out on my remapping spree with PosetteV3.

As with my previous efforts, I've noticed that there are certain personages here that appear to have an innate aversion to innovation that tends to fall outside the corporate Poser Doctrine.  I would like these people to know that I DO in fact respect their opinion highly, but at the same time I consider it to be very wrong.  PosetteV3 has been a success, and I'm sure that P5Judy V3 will be also, even if I DO charge a pittance for her use.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 8:23 AM

Bagginsbill - Thanks,  I really appreciate it.  PM on the way.  I'll also credit you in my WIP thread over at CGSociety.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.