Sun, Sep 22, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: cinema 4d object into poser pro

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 2:38 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:23 PM

i have an object i wish to import in to pp  ichose import obj when the progress bar gets to the end i ge the following error you are out of memory please save your work and quit soon when i click ok the program just crashes to windows .ive not got the most powerfull of pcs but i would have thought it was up to the job 3GHZ dual core 3GB ram 758MB video ram on the graphics card over 2TB empty hard drive space runing win xp. file size of the object is 570 MB any one able to help

adp001 ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 3:02 PM

A 570MB object is a whole lot to be imported into Poser. Maybe the polygoncount is to high.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 3:08 PM

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 3:09 PM

any idear as to the best way to make it smaller and to what sort of size?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 3:54 PM

What is the polygon/point count on this thing?  At that size, it must be hundreds of thousands if not millions of polygons and points.  Poser can't handle that.  Poser can barely handle V4. ;)

In Cinema 4D, use the Polygon Reduction deformer or, if you have used HyperNURBS, reduce the subdivision values.  Then reexport.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:39 AM

can't prove it, but one trick I think some modelers use is to leave the polycount low on the model, while creating details with the UVMapping textures.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.