Mon, Sep 30, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 1:31 am)

Subject: Rendering...

Yur_Mom1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 3:30 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 2:47 AM

file_415335.jpg

Can anybody tell me how I can make my renders look a little less... "cartoony"? or maybe give me some advice on how to edit the lighting? because I'm pretty sure that that is why my renders look like that.

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 3:38 AM

try opening your render settings and set it to render normal rather than cartoon. that may be all it is that is holding you up with having normal looking renders.  and if that doesn't help maybe turn the intensity of your light down a couple percentage points

Yur_Mom1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 3:58 AM

render type is on normal, but I'm still getting that glowing look. so it must be the lighting. um how do you lower the light intensity?... sorry, I'm new with this program...

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 4:03 AM

have you added any lights to your scene ?  if you have you can click on the scene tab on the right of your work area and you can select the lights individually, then in your parameters scroll down to the bottom and you'll find a colour bar and intensity bar as well as the shadow settings.

and no worries about being new and not knowing cause well i only found this out about a month or two ago and i have been playin around in DAZ for a year and a half

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 5:15 AM

It also looks like you are rendering in OpenGL mode, and not in 3Delight mode.  Try switching to 3Delight :) 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

KatFeete ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2008 at 7:01 AM

This looks very much like a render with too much light and no shadows. As HalfDragon says, you can select your lights in the Scene tab, just like a character or prop, and if you scroll all the way to the bottom you'll see the intensity slider. I try not to run more than 50-60% intensity from any one light. To add shadows, go to the "Shadow Type" dropdown and select your preferred method. I like 3Delight but it's really a fairly minor difference. Then make sure your render tab is set to do a Software Render.

Here's a decent little tutorial on lights and cameras:

digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

The DAZ version is slightly outdated, so some of the screenshots may look odd to you, but the information is still good.

Hope this helps!

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 12:15 PM

Another thing to try out is dream-lounge.com

They have some free light sets and a couple of free tutorials.  However its worth joining for the in depth tutorials

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.