Sun, Sep 15, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: October Photography Forum Challenge - Graceful Dilapidation

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:22 PM · edited Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:28 PM

Piet GREAT picture;  It must give you the chills being there.  That portrait on the wall, is really cool too.  Such a little cutie, hanging there ... with all that dilapidation around it. 

Love that bus and the old harvester.. my husband would LOVE to have that!  lol  (just what we need, more 'lawn ornaments'!!!!

Alan, how ironic!!  Piet & I were just listening to Stairway to Heaven last week!  That was a fav of mine in the 70's :) :)

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:31 PM

How uncanny! I had to squint and read twice to see if I were delirious. Yes Alan, of course I know Led Zeppelin, they were huge in the 70's when I was a little younger and very popular. I am teaching Shari good songs from the 70's although she is a bit young still, only reaching the 37 mark this week on the 23rd.  I won't mention it because I promised her I'd keep her birthday secret.

I am amazed by the creativity induced by the challenge! Fascinating old cabin there Ralph.

I am sitting riveted to the challenge to see who is next...

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:32 PM

:b_uncertain:

What am I going to do with you........

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:35 PM

Aha!!! the 23rd eh?...you kept thatun hush hush Shazza ???

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:44 PM

yeah Ronnie .. not many know I'm 37 too.  Shhh    :biggrin:

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:54 PM

LOL, I will do you a nice dedi:)...wished I looked that good at 37, my hair had all fallen out by then LOL.

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

artaddict2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 4:59 PM

Ive taken note  Shari,     the 23rd mmmm!     I'll keep quiet lol

Well that was a little wierd about the connection to Stairway to Heaven,      something telepathic going on lol 

I've still got a third upload to use!!!   so I'm thinking and looking for something new

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 5:18 PM

Oh!  You know, I don't know what made me think of this, but Marilyn's (beachzz) birthday is October 23rd.  Sometimes the strangest things pop into my head ... I don't know WHERE they come from!

• fingers in ears, "lalalalala" *

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 5:20 PM

Well luckily you didn't hear from ME it's Shari's birthday on the 23rd!
:b_funny:

I will check back later to see what you uploaded Alan. Good luck to you and the other onliners.

Why is Marilyn so absent in the forum lately Tara?

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 5:52 PM

Marilyn has been away from home for the past month, visiting friends and relatives.  She just got back a couple days ago.  I'll go rattle her cage and tell her to get her hiney back over here!  :)

Oh my!  It's Shari's birthday too????  Goodness me.  I never would have known!

:)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 6:00 PM

LOL @ YOU Ronnie !!!!   you guys crack me up.  No really, I'm not having anymore birthdays.  None.  Zip.  They used to be Oct 23rd every year, but now I dont have anymore.  So .. forget the dedi's folks.  Let's celebrate Beachzz though!!!  :) :) :)

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 7:03 PM

Oh, I think it's faaaaaarrrr too late for THAT, my dear!  :)

Mwaaahaahaahaahaa!!!

beachzz ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 10:59 PM

Ok, here I am, back and yes, I'm having a birthday and not shy about telling the world!!  Though the freaking numbers remain a secret, isn't there finally a time when we can go backwards??!!

beachzz ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 11:04 PM

file_415903.jpg

Graceful dilapidation, I thought about posting a picture of myself!!! But, instead, here's a shot of a fence in Huntington Beach, California, where I just spent nearly a month.

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 12:12 AM

Welcome back Marilyn, to the corner of Graceful Silliness, I mean Dilapidation. Great entry too. I am sure you captured everything except dilapidation during your holiday.

I wish you two birthday girls a joyous week ahead!
:b_drool:

beachzz ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 12:14 AM

Thanks, Piet, had a great time, but it's sure good to be home!!

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 12:35 AM

See?  Do I deliver, or what?  :)   Anyone else you'd like to see, Piet?  I admit ... I don't have the same pull with everyone that I do with Marilyn!  LOL!

ralph49 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 5:31 AM

file_415926.jpg

Well here goes number 3, have to stop going around the neighbourhood peering over fences looking for "Graceful Dilapidation" the police just dont' understand, lol.

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 6:51 AM

Marilyn, this is a great shot, and wellcome back from you vacation :)

LOL @ Ralph :)..great capture, the sepia works well for this.

GhostBear1890 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 6:52 AM

**Old gas station on TN 116 between Petros and Stainsville, TN......road is known as the Devil's Triangle.  Photo taken 10/14/08.

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 6:59 AM

Niffty capture Ghostbear

GhostBear1890 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:04 AM

Thanks....I've been waiting to post a photo on this challenge until I found the right picture.....I knew I had it when we drove this road and found this old gas station

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:55 AM

Nice work Ghostbear!  The leaves give it that much of a sad mood. Also the upload by Ralph: amazing lines and textures.

Hehe, you are amazing Tara, you were calling up Marilyn like from a crystal ball!

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 8:29 AM

We aim to please!

beachzz ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 11:32 AM

LOL at all of you; now try to get rid of me!!!!!

rocserum ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 1:47 PM · edited Mon, 20 October 2008 at 1:57 PM

Attached Link: http://cornelisvmeurs.googlepages.com/THEBOMB.jpg/THEBOMB-full;init:.jpg

file_415947.jpg

Use to have a tremendous destructive power, 500 ponder 2nt World war bomb, empty and, very rusty and a point to remember, Cornelis

GhostBear1890 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 1:59 PM

Now that is a powerful photo.

bmac62 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 6:00 PM

file_415959.jpg

Here's my number three. This store is still inhabited...not sure by who or why.

This is in the town of White Cloud, Kansas...population 238 in the year 2000.  White Cloud was built on the west bank of the mighty Missouri River.  It was a booming frontier town before our Civil War, 1861-1865.  Steamboats brought settlers, provided commerce and transportation back to civilization in St. Lewis. But the Railroad arrived in 1866.  Steamboat were done. Settlers moved west.  White Cloud was done.

Today its' claim to fame is it is one of the top ten flee markets twice a year. The other 50 weeks of the year it is mighty quiet.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

ralph49 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:05 AM

This is turning into a brilliant collection. So much talent not only for the captures but also for finding such wonderful subject matter.
Keep 'em comming, first place I look at when I get home from work.

beachzz ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:57 AM

file_415975.jpg

Sutro Baths, San Francisco

Laelia ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:54 AM

Hi everybody,
I come back for 2 weeks without a shot to submit ...
Carin, I love your "rustique" ( in french meaning old country thing or manner ) and ecologic shoes recycled in flowerpots !...
Piet, excellent POV  and atmosphere caught through this dilapidated house !! I agree with artaddict2 : your pic remind music albums of Rock 70's but not only Led Zep' also Pink Floyd !
Grrreeeaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!

Laelia ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:23 AM · edited Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:27 AM

file_415989.jpg

Jumble ( fouillis in french, batiborrillo in spanish) in a garden on French riviera

A shot I did, sunday 12th october, with the cam of my friend Nathalie ( aka Nathalie06, here)
I said : "hey !!! Nat please give me your cam just a minute, I have to capture this place!" Because my old Canon is dead ...  :b_crying:

Amitiés
Magali

frankman ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:34 AM

file_416006.jpg

Have been away a short time.. Very nice Pictures here at the challenge. So here is mine: I have only had ma Cellphone with me, so the quality is not the best... sorry.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:03 PM

Tara, you're good!  Now, take that crystal ball and Make it so I win the lottery lol

ghostbear .. what a great looking old store/station .. I just love it.  My husband loves these old gas stations... I will have to show him this one.  He moved an old gas station onto our property and will be fixing up an antique gas pump .. it'll be a cute display once finished.  (Although, he promised me a hand-made cribbage board 20+ yrs ago, and I have yet to see it LOL .. I doubt very much this station will ever get done.)  sigh

Cornelius, what an interesting piece of metal!!!!  At first look, it reminded me of a CARP.  lol  Great addition to the challenge.

Bill ... yours kinda reminds me of the Beverly Hill Billys LOL or is that Green Acres; either one.  I LOVE IT!!

marilyn - cool dilapidated THING.. what is it ?? lol 

Magali - so sorry to hear about your loss (canon) .. how sad.  I'd be devastated if I lost my camera.  Great that you were able to nab Nats :)  Great shot! :)

Frankman, I should show you a photo taken by my cell phone .. you'd love yours all the more lol
Awesome old wagon you found there!

P. Vermeulen

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:41 PM

file_416038.jpg

I only have time for one image and thanks to bmac62 for letting me know about this months challenge theme.   I didn't shoot it for the challenge but it was shot in October.  :)  (I'm 4 states away in Oklahoma trying to get my parents moved back to California)  Anyway, here's the Little Church from a different angle.    Lots of great images already, I browsed through them all. 

...... Kendra

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:56 PM

Welcome to the challenge Kendra,   Excellent photo submission.... and thank you Bill !!  :) 

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 7:48 AM

I never got any bots so I decided to pop in, man oh man, is there some great entries here or what?...knocking along nicely this one Shari :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 7:57 AM

Yeah, i think so too Ronnie :)  Thank you!  :)

P. Vermeulen

beachzz ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 11:52 AM

file_416082.jpg

I'm getting a little carried away here, is there a limit at to how many we can post?  I think this will be 3 for me, seems like I have lots of dilapidated stuff around!!  This is an old crab pot I spotted on the beach a couple of months ago.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 6:01 PM

Yeah .. the limit is 3 .... Unfortunately.  :)

P. Vermeulen

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 9:08 PM

file_416130.jpg

Here's a second one from me.. One one of the back roads I frequent...I kept seeing this tall white structure off of the road..Eventually, I found a way back into it..

It appears to have originally been a place where  grains and  corn were loaded onto trains..
In it's last incarnation it appears to have been a place where cardboard and such were brought to be recycled.

The one road in,is quite overgrown, I'd guess it's been vacant for 10 to 20 years

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 7:01 AM

WOW! that's some great shot there, looks fantastic in mono :)

marybelgium ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:10 AM

file_416169.jpg

facade ...

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:29 AM

What a bunch of wonderful images! 

Great stuff.

While I'm back here, let me wish Shari and Marilyn another Happy Birthday! 

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:47 AM · edited Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:48 AM

OMG!!!!!, It's thier birthday?????????...LOL!

Mary this is a lovely capture of this facade!

OldHippieKeyboard ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:59 AM

One more...

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...
____

beachzz ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 10:08 AM

Thanks, Tara, for the b-day wishes and special foto!!
And this last foto above me---I LOVE it, makes me want to climb up and at least hang SOME kind of net there!!

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 10:42 AM

No rim runners here then?...great shot.

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 11:08 AM

file_416177.jpg

Okay, here's my 2nd shot! I saw this yesterday at the park!

Nice to see the Bodie pic, I haven't made it there this year yet, but want to do some winter pics out there.

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 6:46 PM

Great new photos uploaded here!!!    Can't believe it's nearly the end of the month; I'll have to hop to and get another one posted soon!

P. Vermeulen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.