Wed, Oct 23, 5:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: October Photography Forum Challenge - Graceful Dilapidation

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 8:47 AM

Agree, lots of neat shots and many observant people behind them.  : ) 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 9:28 AM

:m_bawling:

Back to work for me, great entries from everybody!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

billcody ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:51 PM

file_416373.jpg

Hello  to you all! Very interesting pics here and a very interesting theme! I love those old things, past and gone. They are so full of memories and stories......

This here is my part of the theme. I shot this pics some days ago as specials for this content.  This special place here was once Berlin`s  biggest railroad stations for freight trains. Nearly 200 trains came in and got out per day.....  Once: That means before World War II.

After World War II all trains in Berlin, even them in West- Berlin, were controlled by the Russians and the  east german "Reichsbahn", and they closed the yard, because it was situated in West - Berlin.....  Plants began to grow and now the biggest  freight yard in the city is covered with a 50 years old wood.......

The railroad station is now a park and part of a system of green areas in Berlin. A group of artists use it for sculptures and events.

Hope you enjoy it!

billcody

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:54 PM

Excellent history and shot here Bill, welcome to the fun :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:54 PM

Very interesting bit of History Billcody!  Excellent contribution here..........   :-)

This is the last week of this months challenge; and I have to say, it's been another successful one... thanks to all of you!!!

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:56 PM

The pleasure was all ours if I can speak for everyone Shari :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:28 PM

You can speak for me, RJ ... I'm pretty busy.

:)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:33 PM

LOL, that's my gal Tara, always ever ready to watch my corner :))

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:45 PM

Yup ... I've always got your best interests in mind, my friend!

Speaking of which ... what the heck are you doing up at almost 3:00 in the morning???

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:47 PM

Day off tomorrow due to working today, and more importantly, the world series is on :)
"Take me out to the ball game" :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:58 PM

Whoo-hoo!  No work tomorrow is a fabulous reason to stay up late.  :)

Play ball!

beachzz ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 10:35 PM

LOL at Tara and Ronnie--you crack me up!!
Bill Cody, this is a great foto, and I love the history lesson you included!!

Faralis ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:08 AM

Hallo everyone!

Sorry for.... ähm.... interrupting? I'd like to join the challenge, I hope it's still on. I am totaly new to the whole community (and my English is terrible), but I hope that's no problem.
I am also not sure about how to get my picture into this forum o.O'.

Please work, please work, please work...
hanging hangover

I know that the topic says it has to be graceful. From my point of view this poor animal still has something graceful, but, sure, I'm often alone with my opinion. So if it doesn't fit or if you think it is displeasing please delete it.

Thank you and have a great creative day!

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:58 AM

It worked :)...This is fantastic, well done!!!!

billcody ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 10:05 AM

Hanging up...... a strange new meaning........LOL... Welcome here! And your english is well, so what? I hope you enjoy this community, they don`t bite!

beachzz ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 11:01 AM

It worked and it's awesome!!

billcody ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 5:24 PM

file_416445.jpg

"Dear passengers, our train has reached its destination and ends here! Thanks for traveling with "Deutsche Bahn" (german railroad) .  LOL

With words like this they say goodbye when I arrive in Berlin, so at this afternoon today..... Looking at this pic here, I have to think about this words, but why?......LOL

Thanks for your warm andfriendly words about my first work here or in a contest generally. its a fine idea, and I have seen good pics here.   Thanks for your interest.

billcody

Pic: Same location as yesterday. There is a whole great station in the wood, a lot to explore.....

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:52 PM

Excellent shot, with a great perspective Billcody!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 12:18 AM

file_416477.jpg

I made it. I suppose graceful is in the eye of the beholder... I happen to love the way these big shovels move. To me, it is most graceful. They dip, they swing, they are just fascinating. This is an old building downtown that has been empty for many years. It was nearly 80 year old and in such bad condition, the city finally ordered it to be removed. The water jet is to keep dust down and other things that might be floating in the air during the process.

I wasn't sure I'd find something to put in this challenge. But I made it. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 10:18 AM

You made it with flying colours PJ, I like this capture, and agree that the backhoe can be a graceful machine, here in the UK, there are guys that actually manouvre these things to music, like a waltz etc, LOL, I suppose they have to have some fun eh?

billcody ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 5:40 PM · edited Wed, 29 October 2008 at 5:41 PM

file_416651.jpg

Hello again1

Month ends now, high time for a last pic for this content.

It is the same location as the others: Berlin South Station,  a very busy railroad yard 50 years ago...
My intention was to show the steam locomotive here (yeah, they have a really steam locomotive here), but the locomotive was surrounded by fences and decorated with letters as " Do not enter", "Do not touch" or "Do not look at it" or stupid stuff like that. And they had painted this old engine new, and all the special mood was gone...... And then it began to rain and my accu was empty - but I survived, and this is important, tooo........LOL

It was a wonderful experience to work for this content. I´m looking foreward to a new theme.... I hope you enjoed it, too!

Sincerely your Billcody

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 7:12 PM

file_416661.jpg

Some great submissions in this challenge; it was a lot of fun :) 

Here's my third ............. An old dilapidated warehouse, in a nasty part of downtown Minneapolis (MN) ....

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 8:23 PM

What a great challenge this has been!  Thanks to Shari for the great idea, and to everyone who participated for entertaining me all month!  :)

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 8:59 PM

Wonderful perspective in this one Bill
Hey Shazza, is that the mall of America during these hard times Rofl!

I have out of the loop a bit, bloody Migraine again :(

beachzz ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 10:05 PM

This has been so much fun, can't wait for the next one!!

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 10:10 PM

Here here to that Marilyn :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 7:41 PM

LOL  @  Ronnie!   By the time I make it to the Mall of America, I'm sure it will look quite SIMILAR to my upload !!!  LOL  ( hope you are feeling better!!?? )

Thank you all for all the fun; I'm so glad you enjoyed it... I hope you enjoy next months challenge; should be up Saturday sometime. :-)

But meanwhile, spread the word about THIS challenge; there are still a couple of days left... :)

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:20 AM

Much better thank you Shari, and waiting with excitement at what this months challenge will be :)..This one was a great medium for friendship and humour, plus a whole kit and kaboodle of great shots, thanks for doing this for us all!

artaddict2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 2:22 PM

This has been great, it is the first one that I have took part in and the entries have all been excellent with a great deal of humour.   I'll not make a list of everyone, but I found a lot of the info along with the pics very interesting namely Billcody.  Shari and Pj came in with two cracking examples,  and a welcome to Faralis.  You all made this some great light entertainment, very well done to the organisers.  Can't wait to find out what Novembers is!

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:25 PM

Here here Alan :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.