Mon, Oct 21, 11:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: M4 Eye Lash placement

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:43 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:02 PM

Okay, since there is no response over at Daz, and everyone is just gushing about how wonderful M4 is... am I the only one who gets this:

(Click image for bigger version)

Look at where the top LASHES grow out of. I mean, seriously. I've seen other renders and even at a distance I see the edge below the lashes.
The bottom ones are okay, but the top lashes are total rubbish. They need to come down to the edge of the lid, not float 2mm above the edge.

Here is a real eye:

As it is, the lash placement is absolute crap for any kind of closeup, as far as I'm concerned. But apparently no one over yonder is overly concerned about it, or hasn't noticed.
Does this really not bother anyone but me?

Silke

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:53 PM

I saw a comment made by BB in another thread complaining about the same thing.  I have had an opportunity to seriously play with M4, but I do find it disturbing looking.  Don't know if anyone else has paid close attention to that feature.

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:59 PM

It's atrocious and it needs to be fixed. Any kind of closeup will look total garbage if there is a distinct line below the lash.
I can't believe they let him out of the door like that. What good is a fine detail skin map (I have no quibbles with the Hi Res maps at the moment, but I haven't had much time to play.) if they eye lash placement looks like an afterthought?
I don't use V4 much, but I think I'm going to take a real close look at where her lashes are placed.

Silke

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:49 PM

Okay.
I took V4.2 and took the curl out of the lash (since M4 doesn't really have a curl to his lashes)
Same thing on V4.2, but because most people don't mess with the lashes and just go with the default, no one seems to have noticed.

Here is a pic of M4 without Morphs or anything touched compared to V4.2's lashes with the curl at -1 (which makes them straight) and the length reduced to -0.420.
No facial morphs applied to either of them.

(Click image for bigger version)

Even with straightening and shortening the lash, it's nowhere near as pronounced at M4 and I find the lash placement far more acceptable than that of M4. The transmap is much thicker, too, which will make a difference..

It bugs the hell out of me, because I keep seeing facial shots and the lashes all float somewhere on the upper lid.

Silke

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 7:40 PM · edited Sun, 26 October 2008 at 7:42 PM

Here we have the whole thing turned around:

M4 with Lash Curl at 1.0, Length 0.420 (The V4.2 Default) and V4.2 Default.

It's actually worse with the curl applied, if you look at the outer corners...

Both figures were in the same spot, in the same light. I aligned V4's eyes with M4's eyes after I rendered him (default poser lights) then deleted him from the scene and rendered the other figure.
Just in case there is any question about positioning. It was identical.

Silke

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 9:45 PM

You could move them down a little in Zbrush or truespace. In fact if you take the time to move them that might be a cool freebie morph that people would like. Yes it does look bad that way.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 3:03 AM · edited Mon, 27 October 2008 at 3:04 AM

Mike, if I had ZBrush (and knew how to use it!) I'd do a lot of things! LOL

Silke

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 4:53 AM

file_416395.jpg

How's this ? this is just standard maps but the eyelash is moved down and you can adjust it to your liking.

Now have to figure out how to make it a inj file that can be downloaded, I have all Dimension3D's tools so there's got to be something in  them to do that. What about a png do you want to make your own?

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 9:40 AM

OK I must be doing something wrong.  I load the morph and it works fine, next I save the figure as Lash down in the figures library. Next I open MorphINJ By dimension3D,set the reference file and target file both as Lash down from the figures library.  REM and INJ directory is the pose library hide and unhide script there as well.  I hit create, and select the lash down morph in the drop down.  MorphINJ writes the files.  I open INJ and REM in wordpad and change the target geom to PBMCC_01 and I change the version to poser 4, save it.  I open Poser and load up M4 I try to inject the morph, nothing, why?

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 9:53 AM

You could maybe do it as a .PBM morph? Poser binary morph? I would be super glad to have it just as a stripped .obj to import as a morph the old way. Save me from having to magnet.

In any case, thanks.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 10:07 AM

OK it is working the eye lashes do move down but I don't get a dial, how do I make it so there is a dial?

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 10:30 AM

I figured it out. Now all I have to do is pakage it and I will put it in my file locker.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 11:57 AM

Waiting to get my bandwidth for my locker and I will upload the morph for any who want it. 

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 2:35 PM

Wooohooo!!
You are going to have to don a lyrca costume soon, what with all this hero adoration you'll get from me!

Silke

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 2:55 PM

Thanks Silke.

Still waiting on Rendo to give me my file locker, guess it must take awhile.  Anyway if any of you want this now, site mail me with an Email address and I will send it to you. It's for PC so may need converted for Mac I don't know. I'll look around and see if I have a converter somewhere.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 3:24 PM
Silke ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 4:12 PM

Great stuff!!!

Err.. Mike?
If you're terribly bored... could you work your magic on the bottom lashes too? :) They are too far off the edge as well, though it's not quite as obvious when posed, I guess. :)

Silke

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:28 PM

Sure I'll fix one up, take me a few.

ksanderson ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 6:58 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:08 PM

The bottom lash is definitely dubious as well, i second that.

Your efforts appaluded but this is a dysfunctional model. Daz should fix this.

Is it with ANY texture set?

::::: Opera :::::

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:19 PM

Yes, Operaguy, it's the actual mesh that's in the wrong place.

And that's not where the woes end.
The eye morphs are seriously fishy. Dial up the almond shape.. or slant... and you know what I mean. Atrocious eyes, IMHO. They have an odd shape to start with (Compare them to V4's) and it's bloody hard to get a decent shape from the morphs.

Then you go and use the FBM's to get some muscles... and end up with HUGE thighs. I mean absolutely enormous.
So the natural thing to do is to go to the thigh (seeing as I wanted to keep the upper body) and fix-- ah. There are NO adjustment morphs in the legs or the arms. Everything is controlled from the "Body" part and it's an all or nothing deal.

Then add that he doesn't work in C6.

The more I play around, the more I appreciate the flexibility of M3 and D3. Considering what they are charging for the Morphs++, I am thoroughly disgusted with this.

Silke

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:35 PM

uh-oh that does not sound happy.

Ironically, I was going to attempt an authentic Asian face tonight.

Will report back

:: og ::

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 7:38 PM

Muahahaha.

Good luck with that.

Seriously.

I tried and I failed. There are no "Ethnic" morphs.

Silke

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 8:05 PM

Quote - Muahahaha.

Good luck with that.

Seriously.

I tried and I failed. There are no "Ethnic" morphs.

Well, yes and no. There are no "ethnic" morphs so labelled - but those are pretty much useless anyway.

I was able to dial up a decent Asian face in a matter of minutes.

The eyelashes, however, are completely another matter. When DAZ was running their members-only preview thread, I mentioned them, although I didn't discern what the precise problem was. I really felt that with all the other good things going on, something about the lashes was making M4 look feminine, even with super-beefcake morphs. Now I see that the problem isn't merely eyelash length (I almost invariably dial them back first thing) or even shape, but also placement. Too bad....

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 8:20 PM

file_416453.jpg

How's this? It's adjustable same as the top one.  So here's the link to Bottom Lash up for M4.   [ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=35718&key=5146](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=35718&key=5146)

Enjoy.

Mike.

Jepe ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 10:16 PM

Thanks for the morphs, Mike! How's your Brad coming along?

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 12:10 AM · edited Tue, 28 October 2008 at 12:11 AM

file_416475.jpg

click for full size

Jepe's Sang texture, but not his morph
Head dome reduced with PoserMorphBrushTool
Character dialed up with base and morph++
"Eric" = 1.000 is a good start, but almost every shaping morph
dial in face touched.
PoserPro firefly
raytrace soft shadows
AO in nodes
agressive render settings
3-point light setup

No postwork

I did not have time to engage the morphs from this thread. Next go-around will do.

::::: Opera :::::

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 2:21 AM

Quote - How's this? It's adjustable same as the top one.  So here's the link to Bottom Lash up for M4.   http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=35718&key=5146

Enjoy.

Mike.

Wow, what a difference that makes! Thanks so much!

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

SophiD ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 4:25 AM

Mike thank you so much for these morphs!! I was wondering why i couldn't produce seriously masculine eyes on M4 and that's exactly why!

THANK YOUUUU!!:D

Thetis ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 4:37 AM

Thank you very much!! These morphs make a big difference.

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 6:39 AM

Jepe: You're welcome.  Brad's coming along, slow as I am.  Doing these morphs and others helps me build my skills.

operaguy: cool! That's what makes these models fun, doing different things with them.

Everyone: you're welcome, glad the morphs are of use. I will post some more soon, helps me learn.

FlyByNight ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 4:13 PM

Thank you so much!!!

FlyByNight

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 5:16 PM

Thanks Mike :)
Those work wonders!

Silke

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 9:50 PM · edited Tue, 28 October 2008 at 9:51 PM

phantom3D,

Thanks for the eyelash morphs, they were seriously bad. Perhaps adding morphs for in and out will also help when using various face morphs (or just hiding the upper or lower lashes)?

ITA, on those M4 thunder thighs.... ^^;;;

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 2:39 AM

BastBlack, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks his thighs are.... yah. WAY out of proportion.

Silke

Bea ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 2:41 AM

Thank you for this :) 

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 3:06 AM

Glad to hear everyone likes these two morphs.  I've had a few sitemails asking about the use of them in comercial packages.  I guess I was not very clear in the text file.  The only thing I do not want is for them to be sold by themselves as a singular item since I intend them to be free.  But you may include the morphs in any comercial package you wish as long as they are part something that includes work of your own. Also you may freely distribute the morphs by themselves to anyone you wish as long as they are free.

cheers,

Mike (phantom3D) 

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 3:32 AM

Confirming trouble with the thighs. And I don't mean the default. I mean you can't dial them down properly; if you try, it whacks the waist out.

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 8:40 AM · edited Wed, 29 October 2008 at 8:42 AM

I've already made one attempt to slim down the thighs to a more M3-ish like shape in Blacksmith, but I want to make another try because I think I can do better. If it works out, I'll make it freebie INJ.  What should I cal it: Thunder Thigh Tamer for M4 or Pantaloon Be Gone for M4?  lol ^^

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 9:58 AM

"Pantaloon Be Gone for M4? " 

That one's got my vote.

Jepe ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 10:34 AM

I know that PDXJims has a lot of morphs in his upcoming "M4 Enhanced" set that I would appreciate, like separate muscles adjustment, foot ankles and knee narrowing and such. Hopefully it will get out soon.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 1:32 PM

Thigh Thingie?

McGrandpa ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 2:17 PM
Online Now!

I've taken a close look at both M4 and V4 eyelashes.   A 10 megapixel render of a mid face closeup shows an awful lot.  Including stuff you don't want to see, like displacement.

What I get is that the lashes do not deform when the eyelids are deformed.  So even with stock undialed unmorphed eyelids the lashes still won't fit right in all open/closed positions.  Wonder why they didn't provide deformations for the eyelash baseline?

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 3:26 PM

Thanks Phantom for the fixes. 

Yea, I tested a bit for Jim for the M4 Enhanced and it's nice with all the separated body area control.  I like the Knee size adjustment allot!!  😄  I actually liked Mina's body shape better than V4's, when you get the set check out "Mina 02", it's a bit muscular for some folks but I like that so she's pretty neat looking.  The Muscular morphs are very nice too!! 

Thanks again Mike! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jeanne_50 ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 4:04 PM

Thank you so much for these eyelashfixes!
Love, Jeanne

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 5:23 PM

You're welcome,

Here's the links for the eyelash fix again so people don't have to search through the thread.
The upper lash:   http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=35715&key=1689

The lower lash:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=35718&key=5146

If anyone has a specific fix they would like to see that I can do with a morph I'm open for suggestions?

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:00 PM · edited Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:03 PM

phantom again thanks for your efforts. Several people are still attempting to get the attention of DAZ. Maybe they will contact you and purchase the rights to your morph and you can get rich and go to Vegas for the weekend.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=97864&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

That's what happened to me when I made the morph that fixed the underarm crease on V4.

:biggrin:

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

wheel barrow of money! yes that would be phantastic!   Seriously though I really rather like M4 and I hope the problems don't turn people off too much, I imagine through Daz or others efforts things will eventually get fixed. Putting a full figure together is a nightmare really with all that goes into it.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:17 PM

I kinda like him but I am sticking with V4Male for what I do. Glad to have the influx of M4 textures which can be made to work on V4Male.

:: og ::

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:53 PM · edited Fri, 31 October 2008 at 6:57 PM

It just annoys the crap out of me that people look at the big image, where the lash rides up and looks completely awful -- and have the audacity to say "Nothing wrong with that"
I can see it in the default position, and it's not exactly improving when you morph the eye (I hate his eyes btw.)

I dialled up just the almond shape the other day.
GOOD GOD.
The eyes shrink.

Oh and I vote for "Thunder Thigh Tamer" LOL

So far... I'm really not too keen on him, because I can't even use him in Carrara 6 (and I hate rendering in Poser) and doing a closeup without the lash fix is a no no. At least for me.
He's very morphable, but hiding all the dials doesn't make life easy.
Having no way to slim down those HUGE thighs without unhiding dials they don't want you to use... ugh.
And God, I am sick to death of hearing "It's easy, just (insert whatever means they use) in DS."
I don't use DS. End of story. If it doesn't work in Poser, and if it doesn't work in Carrara (their own damn product!!) then they failed to impress me.

Silke

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 2:30 PM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 2:31 PM

file_416901.jpg

Silke, confirming that if you attempt to give the eyes of M4 Asian look, the eye will shrink. You have to go with the flow, get the shape you want, then spin up "eye size" to get it right.

Confirming the thigh issue is still there.

I posted new evidence in the Daz thread, where DeeNile runs strong. Above see my image of the default without the morphs from this thread.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=97864&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.