Sun, Sep 22, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: help please!!!

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 12:53 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:26 AM

hi all i would like some help i have just started using daz 3D studio and poser 7. what i want to do is make pics using some the things i have found over last few weeks. what i need to know with out speending lots money how can i get what i have done in daz in to something like photo cs3 also is the a bodyframe that i can work on so i can change things like eyes lips teeth nose. any help would be grate sorry if this has been posted before

darman42 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 1:41 PM

whenever you render an picture, it comes out as a picture file (jpeg, png, etc.)

just open the picture from the photo-editor.

for modifying the body part colors, you just need to go to the Surfaces tab. it should be somewhere in the Tools section of DAZ. from there, go to advanced and play around.

if you want to do a more direct modification, go to the DAZ runtime files, find the Textures file, and open up whatever you want to modify. (C: > Program Files > DAZ > Studio > Content > Runtime > Textures > etc...)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 2:03 PM

thank you ill give it a go having problems with daz at the momnet all the content i put it has gone worng so uninstalling every thing thank you again

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:40 PM

Quote - thank you ill give it a go having problems with daz at the momnet all the content i put it has gone worng so uninstalling every thing thank you again

How has the content gone wrong? Are you unable to locate it or is there another problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DAZ Studio for Beginners Tutorials

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:43 PM · edited Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:48 PM

the mane problem is the contet with out installs still trying to finger out how to get in to the right folders and how to set all up

i am sorry very new to this

any help hits be grate

thank you

ps also had problems finding contet in daz

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:59 PM · edited Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:01 PM

Okay... so you are referring to content not purchased from Daz3D which includes the installer, right? In that case, it's really very easy.

If you open up your Poser runtime folder, you will see directories for all of your digital assets. 

Runtime-
-Geometries
-Libraries
---Camera
---Character
---Face
---Hair
---Hand
---Light
---Materials
---Pose
---Props
-Textures

This list was over-simplified, but the directories listed above are the basic file folders you will need to be concerned with for most products.

Within Daz Studio, you will also find a Runtime folder within your Content directory. This Runtime folder is set up exactly the same as Poser's. In order to make manual installation uniform for everyone, content creators have to create a Runtime folder and place their created assets within that folder inside the appropriate sub-directory before creating their zip files. That way, after you unzip the file, all you need to do is copy the folders from the merchant's Runtime folder into the appropriate Runtime directory within Daz Studio. 

Does this make sense to you?

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:03 PM

Quote -
ps also had problems finding contet in daz

Dang! I have to get my video tutorials back online!

Let me see if I can find the correct video and I'll set up a link for you to download it, if that's OK.

Dave

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:04 PM

thank you i will give it a go if i f##k it up ill know where to come back for help

becky

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:06 PM

that would be grate i need all the help in the would

thinks i should staied with photography i now what im doing then

becky

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:12 PM · edited Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:13 PM

file_417395.jpg

Becky,

Here's a visual. The Runtime on the left is my Poser Runtime, the Runtime on the right is the Runtime folder within the Content folder in Daz Studio. I hope this helps to clarify.

Still looking up the video file.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:17 PM

ok this might sound stupied but when i started all this on monday i found a thing about install content 3ed part and was on  about files on the desk top ill add the link

http://www.daz3d.com/i/tutorial/tutorial?id=2299&_m=d

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:30 PM

Okay. I understand what the tutorial is about. What you are being shown is a means of creating an external directory from your Daz Studio program and linking to it so the content shows up in Daz studio. 

I have a separate partition on my Mac that specifically holds all of my Poser/Daz digital assets. The only things I've installed into my Daz Studio application folder are plug-ins and some utilities and shaders that work better if they're in the root folder. Otherwise all of my other assets live outside of the application folder.

I'm not certain when this tutorial was posted or what version of Daz Studio the instructor is using. Version 2+ has the added feature of content management which, IMO, makes finding and organizing asset in Daz Studio much easier.

I'll dig that vid tutorial out too. I just uploaded two .mov files to my server and will find the third and get you the links.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:43 PM

Becky,

Good news... I found most of your answers within two video files. I've uploaded them to my server and you may download and view them at your leisure.

These files haven't been edited yet, so they're a little rough. I have some cutting and other edits to make to them before I post them. Please excuse the size, but I have a 30-inch monitor and this was the smallest area I could work in without losing my eyesight. I hope you find them useful.

Video 8  24.8 mb

Video 9  37.4 mb

Dave

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:46 PM

thank you  will check them out tomrrow if thats ok i got get to bed  i have a 5 am photo shoot to do and need my sleep or im not nice in the morning.

thank you for all you help and if  i have any more problems ill give you a shout

becky

DaveF ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:47 PM

Good luck with the shoot.

FYI, you may want to download the movie files to your computer rather than allowing your browser to view them. They are pretty wide.

Dave

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 9:21 AM

hi thank you for the vids they where grat think i got the hang ov most of it now.

i do have one other question im i have a cupple of down loads that only have obj files in them and not sure where to sitck them.

also was thinking i dose das not have a contet installer so you can add all the contet you have
i.e selfe installers and zipedfiles and then can just andd then ot an installer and off they got to the right floders for people like me.

the reason i ask is i used to play with the sims (sad i know) and they had the same thing

any way thank you again

DaveF ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 10:58 AM · edited Sat, 08 November 2008 at 10:59 AM

"i do have one other question im i have a cupple of down loads that only have obj files in them and not sure where to sitck them."

All obj files should go into the Geometries folder within the Runtime. In the case of Daz Studio, the pathway would be (on PC) Programs/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/Geometries/

In the case of simple obj files, you would have to call them out manually by using File/Import in Daz Studio. 

As for the content installer, being on a Mac I'm left to my own devices and have to install everything manually by dragging and dropping them into the correct folders. I can't be of much help in this department, I regret.

Glad the vids worked out for you. I'm editing them today and plan on reposting the entire collection on my site.

If you have any other questions/problems, don't hesitate to drop me an email or send me an IM via Renderosity. My email is dfrohmader@cellarstudio.com.

Happy rendering!

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

catrin.phillips ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 4:01 AM

Hiya,

I'm not sure about Daz, but I use photoshop and have done alot with 2d and 3d. I know some good tutorials if that would help. Not sure where your from but I'm in UK'er, south west (WSM) so I'm online ost days UK time. Hope that helps. Catrin :)

photobeckys2304 ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 4:29 AM

hi im in the south west to  small surfing town uk

this nother problem i have i had to reformat  my hard drive and now lost photoshop i have the program no serial  at them moment every thing has come to a hult so cant even do my job any way my msn is beckys2304@hotmail.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.