Wed, Oct 9, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Mapping

Nak Muay ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 9:11 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:46 AM

Hi I don't know if this is the right forum to post in but I couldn't think of another. When I export a obj for a poser prop then import it into UVMAPPER I hit tile by group with gaps. Well it does that But It makes all the parts the exact same size no matter what shape or size. Is there a way I can get surfaces to map as they look? Like when you import an obj of a poser fig, it lays it out nicely with the eyes in one spot, the head and body in another etc in a relative scale. THANKS! -mikel

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 10:49 PM

You need to select by group or material and resize and move the parts around to your liking, then save the OBJ and the map. Have you gone through the tutorials at uvmapper.com?

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 9:33 AM

heyas; i think there's an option on the tile thing to resize each section or not. turn that on/off. the thing is... how do you know when you start, that all the pieces are relatively the correct size? (i never know ;) ) if you did a planar map on the whole thing, then divided out pieces without changing anything's size, i guess they are all correct....

Nak Muay ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 9:46 AM

Have you ever mapped a poser character? If you try one you will notice that it lays out the mesh very nicely without any extra work other than importing it. No i haven't cheked out the tuts, I will now thanks. -mikel

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 11:31 AM

The figure's that come with Poser have already been through a UVmapping process similar to UVmapper. The folks at CL&Zygote did it themselves. That's why they look good in UVmapper. ScottA

Nak Muay ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 4:50 PM

do you know of a program that they did it in?

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 5:30 PM

I think it was called "Flesh" and it's very expensive. They actually switched to using UVmapper. That just shows you how respected that little free program made by Steve Cox is. ScottA

flamethedog ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2001 at 6:14 PM

It also does what the overpriced BodyPaint does not. It creates the mesh as a template.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 12:06 PM

Actually BodyPaint does create the mesh as a template. I really like BodyPaint, but let's face it UV Mapper was a gift from heaven. Thanks again and again Steve Cox. Sharen

flamethedog ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 1:01 PM

How does Bodypaint create the mesh as a template? Nothing in manual regarding this??? Love to know....

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 1:36 PM

I will repost tonight the answer, I have it writen down, I actually had to get it from Maxon, it wasn't in the book. Sharen

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 4:36 AM

I always use planar map. It is the standard most poser maps use. I believe it's the format recommended in the directions too. If you are trying to generate a uv template of somthing that's already mapped and not trying to change the object's mapping it's the one to try first. Second most frequent is by group.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.