Sat, Sep 21, 6:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: January 2009 Photography Forum Challenge - Symmetry

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 10:41 AM

Thank you David. is it possible to put down some guidelines for our benefit as almost all photos in the photography are in some way or another put thru PS in one way or another.

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 1:38 PM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 1:57 PM

I'm looking for natural Symmetry found either in nature or buildings, like what is shown in the  examples.  Not like the beachzz or jeroni **posts that were created using photoshop.  

ecurb - The Devil

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 1:54 PM

Relax David, you could have given us just the criteria. We are all learning and we have a number of new participants in the forum. You do have a very valid point though, agreed. Thanks for the clear cut explanation.

Come on you guys get those artistic creative juices flowing! 👍

I am off to get another one prepped for upload.

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 2:01 PM

file_421089.jpg

This is the type of thing I'm looking for.

ecurb - The Devil

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 2:04 PM

file_421090.jpg

Good one David, it does illustrate the point very well.

Come on you regulars, where are you hiding!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 2:43 PM

Piet, Shari, Ulle, David, Mary... and whoever I left out.... stunning images... I captured one yesterday but still have to reduce it in size... Too tired now - will join again tomorrow!!!

Piet - I so know the Tweetoring Kerk in Bloem!!! :)

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 3:51 PM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 3:53 PM

Nice image David, certainly explains natural symetry, then I feel safe my bell pepper and tower bridge are ok :)...Nice image Piet I like con trails.

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:02 PM

Great idea! But what to do? Hmmmm what to do! Blinkings rubs his chin in an intelligent manner!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:08 PM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:10 PM

Good one David... and Piet.  Jeez, why am I so blind so much symmetry around me?? your uploads will make me more aware... here's hoping anyway LOL 

Thanks David .. I understand .. :)

ronnie .. yeah .. yer peppers are safe ;-)

P. Vermeulen

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:32 PM

file_421125.jpg

Great work everyone. Here is a quickeeee I took at the Melbourne Zoo.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:48 PM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 8:49 PM

LOL my peppers are safe eh?...wait until I get the Jalapino ones, OUCH!..LOL!

Now that's mother natures symetry, too cute :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 9:35 PM

Hey, good to see you Andrew!  :)    NICE ONE!!!  "Natures Symmetry.."  I LIKE that!
Oooo Ronnie, them hot ones aren't safe at all .. but then I'm a wuss.  lol

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 9:39 PM

Now you know that all lovely ladies are wuss's, that's why we have big protective guys :)..LOL..Time to earn your pay Patrick :b_tonguewink:

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 9:54 PM

Thanks Tizz!

zoren ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 10:29 PM

file_421127.jpg

I like this concept, very fun.......

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 10:39 PM

file_421128.jpg

Wow, some really stunning shots here!

And a great idea for this month's challenge. I kept it in mind today while strolling the zoo.

Here is one I found that fit in.

: ) 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

francinechristophe ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 3:49 AM

Quote - I hope that this is what we have to put i feel sorry for the language

Logo (image - link) Powered by - link Sobre la tecnología de la traducción automática

This is pure perfection !

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:22 PM

file_421153.jpg

Cool images all!! I love it! This is my second attempt which I shot at the Botanical Gardens on Saturday. When Bruce and I saw this succulent, we simultaneously said - Symmetry!!!! It is actually a huge, ball like plant with these little offsprings in circular rows all around it. Thus - nature's own and just as safe as Ronnie's pepper!!!! Hugs, Carin :)

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 4:48 PM

file_421157.jpg

Oh yeah, those Polar bears are right on the money :) LOL safer than the pepper Carin :)...Nice one!

Here's my last entry, a simple cotton spool in low light..

tizjezzme ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:22 PM

file_421164.jpg

Alright, you guys are doing so good here, I just had to find a few things to shoot around the house tonight.  This is a lamp I have in the living room.  Kinda neat I thought, and has a touch of symmetry in there.  :)

Zoren, great find!!  nature's Symmetry is one of the best :-)

Them polar bears are great ... Excellent!!

Carin - awesome :)  glad to know you and Bruce thought of the challenge!!!  :-)  I Love it!!  It made me take a few shots of a plant I have here in the house :-)  I may upload it .........

ronnie -- that spool, how PERFECt!!  But now here it is just january 5th lol  What will you the rest of the month ?? :-(  Maybe you can be our cheerleader??  lol   :) :) :) 

I sometimes wonder though ------- Who is still finding themselves looking for 3's!!??   :-) 

I DO !!

P. Vermeulen

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:33 PM

file_421166.jpg

Now, one which is not beautiful but formed before my eyes today...the second gull flew around then landed and waited long enough for the picture.

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:37 PM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:39 PM

For the rest of the month, I'll still be looking in and admiring all the great shots people are coming up with :)...This is a beautiful lamp Shari, I'd say it fits perfectly :):)...And YES!!, I am still seeing tons of 3's :):)

Tom this is fantastic!!!!!!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 8:13 PM

Yes tom, that is perfect!   :) 

P. Vermeulen

artaddict2 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:17 AM · edited Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:20 AM

file_421175.jpg

I've viewed them all, they are all top quality images.    If I listed all my favourite ones I would have a list as long as my arm and I couldn't leave anyone out. some incredible images really.   you guys set a high standard to keep up with

After spending hours looking through graveyard pics I realised it was Symmetry lol !

Here's my first one Taken Monday 5th Jan (yesterday)

blinkings ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 2:46 AM · edited Tue, 06 January 2009 at 2:49 AM

file_421177.jpg

Everybody's work is fantastic. Here goes another from me....I'm not 100% sure if this is suitable, or a little bit too mild. The way the roof drops and meets in the middle, along with the light towers, was what caught my eye. Anyway here goes nothing.....!

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 4:48 AM

Oh, Alan.  Wow.  I hope you're going to post that in your gallery ... it's gorgeous!!!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

ralph49 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 5:11 AM

file_421184.jpg

"Symmetry in a Feather" Well you guys & gals are off to a *flying* start so I thought I might just *duck* in with this little one.

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:24 AM

Alan this is a great shot agree with Tara, post this after the challenge.
blinkings I'd say your image is very symmetrical :)
Ralph, nice reflections here.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:24 AM

Alan and Andrew .......... GREAT shots!!  I too hope you add that swan to your gallery Alan!

and symmetry in a feather ... how LOVELY.  :)

P. Vermeulen

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:42 AM

file_421189.jpg

Here is another

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:46 AM

NIce one David, that's symmetry :)

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:50 AM

file_421190.jpg

Almost!  Burnt and rusted support beams on Southend Pier.

ecurb - The Devil

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 5:54 PM

Very impressive feather shots, Ralph and Alan. Both worthy of showing in your galleries!

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 6:05 PM

file_421231.jpg

And here is another shot from the zoo, like I said I kept this challenge in mind while perusing all the critters and sights to be seen.

: ) 

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 6:09 PM

file_421232.jpg

Here is my final symetrical critter.....

:biggrin:

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 6:49 PM

Like those pengies and humps, more zooilogical symmetry nice!
I like this second shot David, has some interesting textures
Hey Shari, I have been considering your proposal
" Maybe you can be our cheerleader??  lol   :) :) :) "
But only if  I can get to stand on someones shoulders and wave my pom poms ...Rofl!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 8:19 PM

Awesome Symmetry David!

LovelyPoetess - Excellent choice in symmetry!!

LOL  You're hilarious Ronnie!!  I about choked on my Fresca here!!  LOL  Sure, hop on, why not!  :D

You guys are on a roll here, and I LOVE IT!  Page 4 and going strong, and it's only the first week!  :) :) :)

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 8:23 PM

Hop on why not, you do know that I am 6' 4 ", and weigh in at 265?...still up for it? lol!

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 8:56 PM

Oh dear.  Since it's all virtual anyway, I'll volunteer to let you stand on my shoulders, RJ, but you gotta keep your pom-poms where they belong!

: )     <---   (that's me, smiling like an angel.)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 8:59 PM

LOL..you crack me up Tara love!...Ok it's a done deal, but I can't promise too much, coz I got really big pom poms :D        Goes red faced and slaps wrist heavily

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 9:04 PM

LOL!  Yeah, but as you said ... you're 6'4"!     I'm not worried. 

:)

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 9:05 PM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 9:10 PM

Okay ... we've got a deal, then!

:)

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 9:14 PM

:)...But I digress hearing cries of thank goodness for that :)...Isn't this a great challenge, there have been some really neat images posted, and as Shari points out, 4 pages and the month has only just begun, I feel this will be another winner Tara.

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 10:35 PM

I think so too!  I've got something that might fit ... I've been keeping an eye out! 

ralph49 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 11:33 PM

What a way for the forum challenge to start the year . The images so far are brilliant & we're only in the first week.

blinkings ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 4:15 AM

I love your rusty shots Fred!

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:01 PM

file_421286.jpg

all these posts are awesome!!

I love symmetry in nature, this is Venice beach........

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:04 PM

Mother nature has the best symmetry zoren, this is beautiful.

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:16 PM

thanks, I love being out and about on my bike, with camera in hand.. the weather has been great this winter.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.