Sat, Sep 21, 5:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: January 2009 Photography Forum Challenge - Symmetry

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:50 PM

wow, I bailed out much too soon I see!!  LOL  so, how ya doin Tara?  Holdin' up alright?? LOL holy cow, 6'4" .. you're a big one!  no comment on them pom poms though lol

Some more wonderful symmetry here !!!  BEAUTIFUL, Zoren!! 

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

BorisB ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:51 PM

file_421291.jpg

I hope, you like it.

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:52 PM

Too funny Shari :).

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:53 PM

file_421292.jpg

Hands up!

I couldn't resist this one..... :-)

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:56 PM

Excellent Boris :)...I like!
Good idea zoren LOL!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 7:57 PM

BorisB, this is a great shot!! a beauty!

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:24 PM

file_421298.jpg

We're surrounded by rising waters here in Washington, so getting out to shoot is not an option right now; from my vast vaults, here's one from earlier in the fall...

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:26 PM

Welcome Denise, this is great symmetry :)

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:26 PM

we have heard about the storms in your area, hope you stay dry.....

nice shot!!

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:50 PM

file_421300.jpg

How about this one?

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:55 PM

Excellent shot!!!

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 12:55 AM

Thanks for asking, Shari!  I'm doing fine.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother!   (Although when I started, I was 5'4-3/4" tall.  I believe I'm somewhere in the vicinity of 5'4" even right about now.)

We've reached a "don't ask don't tell" agreement about the pom poms.

:)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

ralph49 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 4:13 AM

file_421325.jpg

"Symmetry at Sea" Went down to the beach on Tuesday afternoon to watch the "125 Dingy" Championships. The wind was howling just off shore & these poor dudes broke their centerboard as did a few others. When I saw them paddleing in I knew I just had to offer this image as my 2nd for the month.

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 5:49 AM

file_421355.jpg

There is a story with this image, I went to the supermarket last week and bought 6 large free range eggs,  I went to make an omelette with two of them and this was the result.  Two eggs four yolks, what we term as a 'Double Yolker'  when I was a child we used to have our own pens and raise chickens and on occasion a double yolker would come out of the coop.  Out of the six eggs I bough, five of them were double yolks.  The first time I have come across so many at the same time.

Anyhow this is my try, unfortunately one of the yolks burst as you can see, but I thought it still fit the theme.

artaddict2 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 7:47 AM

I like the Hands one Zoren, great idea! 
A very Symmetrical sheep Borisb, I would have thought of that, its an excellent entry!
Denise thats a beauty love the colour too! 
Nice one Jeff, I had eggs for breakfast,
I like the sailing one Ralph fits the theme bang on.

I'm already worried about next months 6 ft 4 Pom Pom theme!!!  (or did I miss something)

Alan :O)                       Steady on Tara!

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 8:05 AM

Excellent entries Ralph and Jeff,  OH! dear started something here ladies rofl!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 10:49 AM

file_421375.jpg

Basement of the state capitol, first time I've seen it empty like this. Mostly there are staffers and tourists everywhere.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 10:52 AM

Nice one PJ :)

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 8:06 PM

file_421411.jpg

A lot of really cool stuff so far..

ISO 800
1/40 sec
F 1.8
50mm

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 8:28 PM

What better symmetry than a sound desk, nice one :)

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 9:44 PM · edited Thu, 08 January 2009 at 9:45 PM

file_421430.jpg

Submission #1 - Its Steven SEAGULL :lol:

Good to see some new peeps participating.

J:woot:e

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 11:18 PM

Bruce, you always blow me away with this sort of thing.

And that gull is really great - a side view that pairs up those wings so well.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 7:27 AM · edited Fri, 09 January 2009 at 7:31 AM

Per David's suggestion.  :o)

"55"
*670 x 842 at 176.1 kB
*Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:36 pm

Spotted during a canal outing.
The owner of this boat house was making creative use of the reflection of the water.
My task was to capture it before our passing boat caused ripples in the water.
This was my 3rd attempt...I am just glad the water level was still at the perfect height.

Great entries everyone!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 9:44 AM

Excellent Gull Joe, too funny on the name :)
Beautiful reflections and symmetry Kort!

blinkings ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 3:21 AM

What a clever bunch you guys are!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 2:37 PM · edited Sat, 10 January 2009 at 2:38 PM

file_421560.jpg

Andrew, you're just as clever :)  let's see another one from you!!  :)

L8R, Ralph, Jeff, Alan, Kort & PJ .. wow, you guys all submitted some wonderful symmetry.

Here's my 2nd .........

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 2:40 PM

Coleus plant?.However it's spelled ..nice symmetry going on there Shari :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 8:23 PM

file_421594.jpg

Here's one ... I'll be posting a more artistically cropped version in my gallery soon.  (You'll be shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you (!) that the other version actually has MORE background!)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 8:25 PM

Wonderful shot Tara, great symmetry here :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 8:28 PM

file_421595.jpg

Thanks, Babe!  Here's another one.  (It's an old shot ... sue me.) 

:)

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 8:31 PM

well I just had to come see this last ebot for this, and WOW!, that's a gorgeous shot!!!..Nitey nite :)))

artaddict2 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 1:30 AM

You guys -  L8RDAZE lovely shot of the gull,  Tara this statue is wonderful the Symm works well !
TwoPynts, Shari, they are MOST impressive shots, congrats!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 2:28 AM

file_421604.jpg

Sorry, but I had to use a filter on this but I was really struck by the grace in the flowing lines. This was part of a project I was working on this weekend. :biggrin:

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 7:05 AM

I wonder what the project was PJ, it reminds me of a salmon, or some thing else just as fishy. Lol.  Wonderful lines.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 7:47 AM

Well a filter you used but it still has real symmetry, nice one PJ!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 11:30 AM

Yeah, I doubt I could have posted it without the filter...salmon sounds good. I must have 10 great recipes for salmon.   🤤

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 4:42 PM

Ohhhh, 10 recipies? I'd love to hear a few, although perhaps here isn't the place (unless they're really symetrical recipies...)

: ) 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:13 PM

file_421666.jpg

Third one ... nature's symmetry.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:26 PM · edited Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:27 PM

Symmetrical recipes LOL!...Tara this is a beauty :)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:27 PM

This is very lovely. One I'd enjoy in the gallery! Wow. Tara, this is really amazing. Good find!

Ronnie, you have almost developed a stutter! That avatar changes so often I don't recognize you unless I stop to read!      :unsure:

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:29 PM

LOL, how do you know I don't st..st...st...st...stutter anyway :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:42 PM

LOL!  I just posted a comment on your swan, RJ, and stuttered.  Never done it before, probably won't do it again!  This is the most amazing place.  Ever notice, when going through the galleries, how two very similar pictures by two people who probably don't even know each other show up next to (or very near) each other? 

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:45 PM

Yup brings the saying of a small world to a different perspective :)...Gonna go see your comment now :)

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:49 PM

Was listening to changes whilst I posworked that swan LOL...seriously!

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 6:55 PM

file_421680.jpg

Swans!  I saw a flock of about a dozen today, of course they were too far away for decent shots.  I'm cursed in the bird world for some reason!  So instead I got this one...symmetry in nature.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 6:57 PM · edited Sun, 11 January 2009 at 6:57 PM

And what a great compensatory shot it is :)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 12:23 AM

I'm always astounded by that every day. If not near each other, I've found nearly the same shot by two people in different countries on the same day. It's one of my inspirations... to shoot something in a unique way because I think everything under the sun has been done at least twice so that means I have to shoot the same subject in a way no one else has. I don't  quite have the hang of it yet, but I'm working on it. LOL

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 12:51 AM

One day it was baby giraffes.  Elephants?  No matter.  I think it was giraffes.  Two photos of a newborn baby giraffe at the zoo, only a couple spaces away from each other in the gallery.  One in California, one in Germany.

?????

It's astonishing.

And then there's the whole David Bowie thing.  That's eerie, RJ!  I'm sure loads of people have a different thing that pops into their head when they see the word "Changes."  It can't possibly trigger the humming of a thirty-seven-year-old song in everyone!! 

MrsLubner ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 1:12 AM

I'm musically challenged. Don't know any songs with "changes" in them. I love David Bowie but I only know his songs in the movie, The Labryinth. And I've watched that over 3 dozen times - that man was hot in that movie and his songs were outstanding...You mean he recorded more songs than that sound track???    :huh:

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 6:23 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.