Sun, Sep 22, 6:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Volumetric light in Daz|Studio - possible? How?

karlabu ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 11:41 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Hello all,

I'm going to render an underwater scene and want some volumetric light-rays to give the render a little spectacular and realistic look. Is this possible in Daz|Studio? And if, how do I do that?? In Poser one can use "Light gels" when working with lights, is there something similar in Daz|Studio? (sorry if I just didn't found it when searching in the manual... blush)

Regards to all,
Karsten

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 3:01 PM

true volumetrics are not possible, but you can fake it using one or more primitves in the shape of the light beam set to be nearly transparent (possibly with some kind of noise or cloud image as a transparency) and shining a light down them, or using ambient colour, or both.

lunchlady ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 3:16 PM

Hi
The market place here at Rendo also hes a volumetric light cone .
I haven't used it, but I have seen it there.

karlabu ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 2:04 AM

@ RHaseltine: now this is a very good idea, I'll try that, thank you for that hint. :)
@ lunchlady: thx to you too

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.