Mon, Sep 30, 5:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: Hair on Textures

107Cornfields ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 3:00 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:21 AM

I am currently using the 3d celebrity Rebbeca texture.
In the preview window she clearly has pubic hair, and in the properties I have the pubic hair set to 1, but even  if I render in the highest settings in Poser Pro, there is no sign of it in the final render.

Am I missing something please?

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 3:11 PM

What do you see in the Materials Room transparency channel?    Jan

107Cornfields ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 3:36 PM

file_423632.JPG

> Quote - What do you see in the Materials Room transparency channel?    Jan

Heres a screenshot

107Cornfields ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 3:23 AM

I have messed with the transparence settings but get no difference in the renders, just the preview.

Can anyone help?

Morkonan ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 8:12 AM

Quote - I have messed with the transparence settings but get no difference in the renders, just the preview.

Can anyone help?

What happens if you remove the transparency map?  Could it be "backwards?"

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 8:56 AM

Unfortunately we can't see the entire image of your transparency map, so we really can't determine if there is actually pubic hair painted into it. 
Firstly, check your texture map for the model and make certain that pubic hair is clearly present.
Secondly, if pubic area is present, create an image_map of your body texture under PubicHair in the material room and plug that into the Diffuse_Color.  Change the Diffuse-Color to white.
Render and see if that makes a difference.

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 9:05 AM

I think we are trying to duplicate your problem.  Can you show us what the texture looks like on the node (expand the node) and what it looks like on the Poser Surface (that's cut off).  On mine I deleted the transparency  channel node and I still got it.

-what happens if you use a different texture on just the hip area?  If you get  the hair, then check and compare the texture maps.  

This may be a challenge for all of us---Jan  

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 9:09 AM

Hborre, you beat me to it  (was composing when you uploaded).  Jan

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 2:50 PM

Sorry Jan, looks like we were thinking alone the same path.

107Cornfields ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 4:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_423751.JPG

Hi All,

This is the full MAterial room pic.
The body texture has no hair. The only place I see it is in the preview window.
Does this shed any light.
I tried pluging this into the difuse dolor as suggested and set it to white. The few whisps I can see in a line up the (ahem) middle were light grey

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 5:51 PM

Materials Room,  located in your Image Map node, there are two little icons, one looks like an old fashion washboard, there other a shut eye, click on the shut eye which will expand that node to view what is actual pumped into the transparency channel (it should be the pubic hair-sometimes you get a white screen .  In that case,  the texture map didn't load correctly.  Try deleting that node and start fresh (the new node >2D Textures>image_map, then get the map again).  Jan

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:10 PM

I think the material room approach is wrong.  The Trans_map is correctly attached to the PoserSurface.  I believe the problem is the GenMorph in properties.  Reset that PubicHair morph to 0 and retry the render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.