Fri, Sep 20, 9:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: New to 7 ESP, can you answer a few quick questions?

Impressions ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 7:55 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:33 AM

Before I purchased it understood that it would allow a lot of objects with the mats from other programs.  Is there any special thing I must do to make it work.  I seem to be having a few issues.

I do not find the Vue sit a lot of help.  I downloaded Pioneer Beta and from reading it figured out I needed to get esp to allow import of these files.  I could not get a serial number for Pioneer so I just bought ESP.  It says it allows imports?  Is there yet another download I need to do to get it to work.  I have Poser 7 but find it conflicts with DAZ so I really do not want to install it but it seems I have to to get it to import Poser Stuff.  What a pain...

Now the third problem I am having, I used Vue 4 and have a lot of materials, can I use the materials in 7?  I also used Mat Edtor in Vue 4 but when I looked around on Eon it says that Pioneer will allow editing of Materials but, dose not mention ESP being able to edit.  Can I Edit without having Pioneer installed or do I need to install yet another program to be allowed to edit materials?

I don't mind buying stuff but I hate to have to buy materials over and over when I paid for Vue 4 materials. 

The same goes for plants and objects. 

Is there better information for Vue somewhere including more tutorials.....

Thanks you for your time, and, I wish they did not make programs more dificult just to keep people buying more and more that are already purchased.....

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 2:29 AM

Can't answer your ESP specific issues because I use Infinite, However, Vue doesn't work with Daz Studio, it will work with Poser 5, 6, 7 and Pro!!
Daz Studio is set up to work with Carrara, that may have been a better option for you if you use DS!
AFAIK your Vue4 materials should be useable in Vue 7.
If you want good Vue tutes head over to Geekatplay!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 2:38 AM

Vue Esp imports many 3d file formats, but not Daz Studio format, so you should export your figures from Daz in a format Vue can read ( I've heard obj is best for D/S import, but there are a few things that have to be done to get a good import with pose and textures)
Vue reads the pz3 (Poser) file format natively, so you may want to think about reinstalling Poser.
Vue Esprit is a paid for program, so it can't do less than Pioneer, of course in Esprit you have all the material editors available (basic, advanced, and function editor)
Finally, Vue7 should read Vue4 materials, but to be honest, the new Vue7 mats are so much more superior in terms of visual quality than any Vue4 mat., and any Vue4 plant.
If it doesn't, it means that the Vue4 material/plant is actually a Vue3 mat/plant, that Vue4 had no problem reading, but Vue7 won't read it at all, so you'll need to use the "old scene converter" utility on them, and this utility app is located in the "Tools' folder of the download or application CD.

Impressions ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 7:28 PM

Thanks for your time.  I have Car6 pro and find it confusing for an older user that is why I gave up on it and went back to ESP.  I use Car to make objects only.  I do like DAZ better than POSER for somethings.  I knew that the two lines of programs would pull apart and try to eliminate the use of the other programs with there products.

What a shame because it would open up things for we users that like some things from each program.  As you can see, I have been using both and would have continued to buy each if they had kept them working together. 

Now, I have to choose and that eliminates the use of the other product entirely.  Well, I guess DAZ is the looser.  It is a shame, I have been a member at DAZ since 1985. 

Now all I can use it for is the savings and if they completely eliminate setting stuff up for POSER it will mean we are all going to be a lot more limited.  What a shame for the user and the loosing software.  DAZ studio is free now but, if they start charging, Poser wins hands down for ease of use.  

Just a personal thought and it is users like me with the money to buy the stuff.......... 

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 2:01 AM

I can't see DAZ ever cutting Poser off, theyd lose too much money and besides they've just started selling Poser at DAZ anyway.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 6:11 AM

Doesn't DAZ studio have an exporter, maybe a plugin, that lets you export as .pz3 files? I know for reasonably sure it CAN do it, but not how.
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 6:30 AM · edited Mon, 02 March 2009 at 6:30 AM

You can export from DAZ in the collada file format, and import in Vue7. And obj.
Even if Daz can export in pz3 (which I don't know), Vue will require a Poser install anyway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.