Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Cannot save rendered picture

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 12:43 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:55 PM

Vue7Complete on Vista Ultimate 64 :By clicking on the "save picture" sybmol nothing happens.Neither in main view nor in screen view.Render to disk can only save to default file.I cannot change my saving path.It happens with the 2 latest builds.(Same post at e-on Software)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 2:51 PM

That's strange.  Wish I had a suggestion, but it could be a Vista thing.  I'd open a ticket with e-on. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 3:00 PM

That is really strange. If you really want to save that image you just rendered, the only suggestion I can offer is for you to grab a screenshot (press "print screen" key) and paste it in photoshop or similar. This doesn't solve your problem but at least you don't lose your image.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:28 PM

Even right click on render => save Picture  command doesn't work.

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:31 PM

The classical question: are you running Vue by right clicking and chosing "run as admin"?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:51 PM

To make shure I just did this: right click at vue icon,run as Administrator,did a quick test render ... nope . Can't save. The only option that works is render to disk ,but with out beeing able to change preset filename and path.

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:05 PM

Big mystery...
Last call: what about if you go File -> Export picture -> Save color picture?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:13 PM

Nothing,cannot access to menue as long as the render display is open.When rendering in main view nothing happens - not even by hitting Ctrl+F8 .

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:16 PM

Quote - "cannot access to menue as long as the render display is open"

But you can close the render display and then go to File->Options->Export. It'll know you want to export the last render.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:27 PM · edited Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:28 PM

*File->Options->Export  ??? * I close render display and go to file > Export Picture> Save Color Picture  ... but nothing happens here not even with Ctrl+F8. thank you for beeing so patient I will try a reinstall.

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:42 PM

Good luck!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 7:52 PM

Thanks , reinstall didn't help. Well now I will contact e-on support.

Arraxxon ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:06 AM · edited Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:09 AM

I'm running Vue 7 Infinite on Vista 64bit Ultimate - and usually it's working without problems.
Reading your post, i gave it a try, to simulate your problem.

And i really succeeded - i've noticed, too, that there is no saving of the render possible after choosing "save picture" - in a certain case ...

Usually working with Vue 7 i DON'T run into this problem.
Because when i start on a new image or just playing around to maybe find something interesting which could be worth to keep as a base for a new image, i don't save it and i don't use full render, just previews, as long as i don't think it's worth while to do so.
Everything else wihout a result i just erase and start on something new.

Now, what i did, i just used the base atmo settings on a fresh scene, threw a sphere in and then set it to render in at least "Final" render quality settings (it doesn't matter, what your scene looks like or what objects it includes) and here i'm with the same problem - i CAN'T save the rendered image !!??

There was a simple solution to this - i just had to save the scene - not the render - at least once and i was able to save the rendered image without problems !
You don't even have to re-render the image - just after the first final render, i closed the finished image window, saved the scene to harddisk and just hit the "F8" key to recall the last render and chose "save picture" and the saving browser appeared rightaway ...

I don't know, if this is related to Vista only, but it happens to me on my Vista 64bit Ultimate, too. Can't speak here for someone using Windows XP or just 32bit version of those operating systems.
But it seems to me more related to the new Vue 7 versions, because running Vue 6 Infinite, i have no problems, to save a fully rendered image rightaway, even if it's scene isn't saved at least ones like needed right now in Vue 7 ...
This should be no problem to be fixed by the Vue 7 programmers team, since they've got it working in Vue 6 - so why not in Vue 7, too ....  ;-) ....

Hope this might be helpful in your case ... i believe, that most of the Vue 7 users never run into this problem, because usually the users only save their rendered images after the scene setting is finished - and they have at least saved the scene a few times, to make sure, not to loose any good progress ...

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 10:37 AM

Sorry ,your solution sounds brilliant but didn't work for me.I indeed CAN save save renders from prebuilt scenes but not from my own made scenes.The e-on people wrote that they were unable to reproduce my problem.

Arraxxon ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:18 PM · edited Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:19 PM

Sorry to hear, that your problem is more complicated than i've expected ...

So you're saving your own scenes to hard-disk and still after that a rendered image of this scene won't save ? But loading other prebuilt scenes will allow you to save the rendered image ?

A weird sounding problem, definitely ... sorry, no idea from my side right now ...

Maybe it would be helpful to e-on programmers, if you could include a video recorded with a desktop-cam program (those ones being used for tutorial-movies), go step by step through the process of saving a rendered image from a pre-built scene and do the same with your own scene and render, not being able to save the image.
Maybe that way, they could get an idea, even if they can't reproduce it themself, but could visually watch the error happen on your system and Vue version ... ?!

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:19 PM

?????
Quote - "I indeed CAN save save renders from prebuilt scenes but not from my own made scenes"

Really?! That's even stranger. But then, in this case, why don't you start your scenes from a prebuilt one? I mean, open a prebuilt one, change it to your liking and make it your scene. Can you save a render this way?

fasttam ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:26 PM

Quote -
There was a simple solution to this - i just had to save the scene - not the render - at least once and i was able to save the rendered image without problems !

Save the scene first.
Vista 64 also.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:29 PM

It is even getting more strange : I cannot save renders from Sample 1 "Autumn" but I can save from Samples 2 "Ecolo-Go" .As you can see I have starded trying out every single scene.Trying animation is also one thing I have to try . Havn't done yet but I will.

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:48 PM

But have you tried like I said? I mean, you don't have to start a new scene from the default empty Vue scene, you can start it from wherever. So, start from "Samples 2" and go from there. Can you save the render?

I must say, I'm really intrigued about this...

Arraxxon ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:48 PM · edited Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:51 PM

Mmh ...

On my Vue 7 Infinite i CAN reproduce, what you've just mentioned - meaning, i load the sample scene "Autumn" - render it, and selecting "save picture" nothing happens, i CAN'T save it either ...
And - loading sample scene "Ecolo-Go" i CAN save it without a problem.

But then, what i did made it working for me:
I've loaded sample scene "Autumn" again - rendered it in "Full" quality - tried to save it - not working again, like the first time and like you've described.
Then i just saved this sample scene with a new name like "Autumn1" - rendered it - and selecting "save picture" finally the save browser appears and i CAN save the render.

Weird .... and you can't reproduce, what i'm doing with your Vue version ??
Wondering ... strange, that i have similar problems like you, but i can get rid of them with a simple scenery save ...

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 2:11 PM

I have started from "Ecolo-Go" (Could save render here) put a Lamppost in it and rendered .I still could save my render .With and without scene saving ."Zero One" render couldn't be saved.I rendered the whole animation.Again I couldn't change filename ,options and pathes.

redtrek ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 4:33 PM

As fasttam said: Have you saved your scene first?  I've always found that I cannot save a render unless I've saved the scene--which is a pain when I'm just doing small things or just tests of things.

GaryMiller ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 8:41 PM

Well that just sucks.  I wonder what could be causing it.  Please let us know if and when the issue is resolved and how it was resolved.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:12 AM

@redtrek : I tried it - yes . But no ,saving the scene before rendering doesn't help.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 9:13 AM

I did some testrenders :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         could save renders = yes                                                                    

Could not save renders = no                                                                    

Sample animations:                                                                             

01_Clouds.vue - Yes                                                                            

02_Land.vue - yes                                                                              

07_Sunrise - no                                                                              

08_WindyHill.vue  - no                                                                         

samples01 :                                                                                   

01_Peaking Through - no                                                                       

02_Above the Clouds.vue - yes                                                                 

04_Cerro Verde.vue - yes                                                                      

10_Undersea.vue - yes                                                                        

12_Hospital.vue - no                                                                           

Samples02 :                                                                                  

01_Tien Shan.vue - no                                                                        

06_Still Life.vue - no                                                                       

Night Flight.vue - no                                                                         

Terrain.vue - yes                                                                             

Toy Train.vue - yes                                                                            

All scene settings are untouched and out of the box .Render settings are "render to screen" at

lowest preset resolution.  

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 11:47 AM

during all that I wonder how to access to Vista Ultimate 64 reg edit .

Arraxxon ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 3:12 PM · edited Tue, 10 February 2009 at 3:13 PM

Click Start button - and there in the search field type "regedit" and push "Return" and the registry editor window opens ....

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 2:27 PM

Quote - during all that I wonder how to access to Vista Ultimate 64 reg edit .

To delete completely your version of Vue in Vista:

(If you're just reinstalling, then you can skip step 5).

1. Uninstall (when available) from the Vista programs and features section. 

2. Delete the "C:Program Filese-on softwareVue 7 Infinite" folder. 

3. Delete the "C:Users(username)AppDataRoaminge-on software" folder. 

4. Delete the "C:Users(username)Documentse-on softwareVue 7 Infinite" folder. 

5. In the registry, delete the following keys: 
        HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwaree-on softwareVue 7 Infinite 
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREe-on software 

6. If these .REG files are present, they should be removed: 
        "C:Windowse-on License Server 3.reg" 
        "C:WindowsVue 7 Infinite.reg" 

Additional information: 
The user folder is indeed in "C:Users(username)" on Vista. 
but it's in "C:Documents and Settings(username)" on XP/Win2K. 

For 64bit OS, here are the different application folders depending on your application: 
Vue 7 Infinite is located in "C:Program Filese-on softwareVue 7 Infinite" 
Vue 7 xStream 64bit is located in "C:Program Filese-on softwareVue 7 xStream" 
Vue 7 xStream 32bit is located in "C:Program Files (x86)e-on softwareVue 7 xStream" 

On MacOSX, the application folder is in: 
/Applications/Vue 7 Infinite 
or 
/Applications/Vue 7 xStream 

Still on MacOSX, the user folder is in: 
/Users/(username)/.e-on software/ 

Also, don't forget the temp folder: 

C:Users[your name]AppDataLocalTempeon 

Typically there can be lots of files there, too.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 1:32 PM

@ chippwalters . thank you for the checklist .

lightning2911 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 2:15 PM

i only have vista 32 bit and had problems with some apps when using UAC ... although from what i read here i cant imagine how this would be the cause.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 8:03 AM · edited Fri, 13 February 2009 at 8:03 AM

Disabling UAC was one of the first things I did in Vista.The machine vue is installed has no internet connection so I could  kick out all that windows defender ,firewall ,virus scan- stuff.My problem is still the same also with the new vue update installed.

Arraxxon ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 10:49 AM

Then it can't be really Vista related - because i can save rendered images (some like described after a first scene save ...) having Windows Defender, Firewall and AntiVir virus protection program running, too, and UAC off ...
More than mysterious ...

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:42 PM · edited Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:43 PM

O.K Iuninstalled Vue,cleaned registry,reinstalled vue and it didn't work.One more thing I tried is:I picked up the scenes that worked ,deleted all the elements of that scene and built a complete new scene .I was indeed able to save my render .But when I create a new set from the start (and I save that scene,of course),there is no chance.By the way all other apps I installed work fine.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:45 PM

The e-on support team is not able to reproduce my problem :(  .

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:47 PM

I think no one in the entire world would be!... :blink:

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:52 PM

thank you for donations of hope ;)

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:55 PM

😄

lightning2911 ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 1:59 PM

the not-beeing-able-to-reproduce is the worst. but i understand developers when they cannot follow up with fixes if they cant isolate the problem having been in this situation myself. i can only hope that some miracle happens at this stage!

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 10:42 PM

There is a new update for Complete. I suggest you download and install it. Are you installing the 64-bit version? If you're running Vista 64, be sure and download the correct version. Hope you get things worked out.

I'd be glad to try and do a conference screenshare and take a look at the problem. But, I suspect it would be best if you speak english.

-Chipp

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 8:40 AM

It is all the same with the Vue built I bought and the latest two updates..

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 2:19 AM

Something new in that case.Arnaud @ the e-on forum found a workaround for my problem.As soon the doubleslash is deleted in the render to disc pathoptions , everything works normal again.(.../documents//pictures/...) must be(.../documents/pictures/...).

lightning2911 ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2009 at 5:06 AM

that's good news ... and another checkpoint to remember for me in future in case things go wrong

hartjed ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2009 at 11:34 PM

Attached Link: https://www.lakeworks.com/forums/vue-7-cannot-save-picture-bug-and-workaround-t948.html

I also had this problem appear for no reason.  It worked one day, then not the next.  Fortunately I came across this link that explained it and how to fix it.  This solution did in fact work for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.